should i get my ears pierced??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

should i get my ears pierced?

• yes

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • no

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

love_u2_adam

Blue Crack Addict
Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Bas
ive been wondering if i should for a long time and i don't know if i should and there are these really nice earing i wanna wear:drool:

they look like this:

guitar-earrings-red.jpg

:drool:

but i have no idea if i really wanna im>:slant:

will it hurt??

I got mine pierced last october, and I'd say it was worth it! It only hurts initially but afterwards they only burn a little bit. Of course I had emotional pain too when the piercing lady told me my ears were very strangely shaped :sad: :wink:

Go for it!

It's really nothing. Your earlobes are just cartilage. It stings a bit for a wihle but that's about it.

It's a piece of cake, Kayla.....takes just a few seconds and the lobes don't hurt. It's the upper part of the ear, the cartlidge that is a very different sensation than a lobe piercing, not necessarily that it hurts more.

I did mine in 3rd grade - probably the old fashioned way, with a needle and cork - LOL. No, just kidding. Like they said above, it just stings at first - my daughter had them done back in Feb '04

Lol, mine were done when I was 6 months old, with a needle and thread. It's a cultural thing, its supposed to be done when the lobes are real soft... I now have 3 in each ear and getting a 4th soon. :p

Oh absolutely! Those are fantastic!!! :ohmy: Where can I get a pair!!! :drool:

I had my ears pierced first when I was 16 (i.e. a quarter of a century ago!!! :wink: ) and got my second piercing when I was in my thirties. So I have two in both ears and I don't even remember it really hurting (and I have really large fleshy lobes!!) just a bit of the punching feeling!! :D

Claire's, Icing... all owned by the same company. We frequent there (Maddy does). In fact, we were at both earlier today!

I have had my ears pierced four times (first time when I was 6) and it's not sore at all.

I'll be the sole naysayer. lol. I have had mine pierced twice and both times have had issues with allergies to most of the metals used in earrings. Had 'em pierced when I was six, but they got so painful and swollen that I took out the earrings and they grew back over. Did it again when I was 16 and figured out I could wear pure gold hoops to avoid infection. I wore those until I was in Peace Corps and then lost one somewhere, so now I go without. I can still put earrings in for a special occasion if i want to suffer the irritation the next day. :huh:

Piercing the nose hurts less and I've found causes less bother. :yes:

I've had each ear pierced three times (each piercing slight further along my lobe than the last) and none of them hurt particulary. It just stings a little bit. I took my earrings out too early the first time I had them done and then putting them back in was painful - so if you are going to get them done dont do that!

No, it's hell. I had my ears pierced when I was eight and I screamed the entire shopping centre down. My earlobes were red for two whole days. Then the holes got infected and this revolting puss started to encrust the studs. Each time I took them out to clean them with those lovely alcohol swabs, I felt as though someone was driving a flaming poker through my skin.

Plus, you won't be able to wear those guitar earrings for several weeks anyway.

I almost never wear earrings but I say go ahead and give it a try.

I had my first 2 holes done professionally. The second holes closed up, then I re pierced them in high school myself and added a third hole to my left ear. I've never experienced an infection. But I'm an idiot, so who knows. :wink:

Kayla, I think you should go for it!!!!! :hyper: It only stings for about a minute! Besides those earings are just soooooo :drool: :drool: :rockon: I saw similar ones like that in claire's in blue colour and was tempted to buy it!!!! :drool:

Definitely go for it! Those earings are great.:wink:

Wow that's so weird how some have had no problems at all and others have had problems with infections. I guess it just depends on the person. I have two holes in each ear and I dont remember having any problems at all.

I think its the same for belly button piercings too.. I'm too scared to do that for some reason. A few of my friends had major problems with bad infections. :huh:

GibsonGirl said:

Plus, you won't be able to wear those guitar earrings for several weeks anyway.

Yeah, I presume they'd pierce your ears with studs and I couldn't change mine for around 2 months. Even now when I wear earrings that are long and dangly, they hurt my ear if I wear them for a whole day. I think it's the weight, I don't know if anyone else has the same problem. Maybe it takes a while to get adjusted to them. :shrug:

Sure. I had a bad experience, but the piercing itself didn't hurt or anything.

I had mine done (first piercings, 21 years) in January so that I'd be able to wear dangly things by the time of my wedding. They were fine for 2.5 months. Then they got REALLY messed up because the backs of the piercing studs were tight and getting embedded. I bought tiny rings and put those in instead, but for weeks they were still red, purple, hard, and yellow/green stuff came out. When they started bleeding constantly, I took the rings out and they honestly swelled shut within minutes before I could get anything back in. So, I can't wear earrings to my wedding, which is the only reason I got them pierced. :mad:

LauraMullen, I can't wear heavy earrings either, and I got my first ones done 16 years ago. The weight definitely bothers my ears.

Plus, I have very sensitive ears, and can only wear sterling silver. It's hard to know if you'll have a bad reaction to the piercing until it's done, unfortunately.

When I got my first piercing, they were done in silver, and I found out several months later when I changed earrings that I couldn't wear gold, etc. From then on I've made sure that all my other piercings were with silver, and I've had no problems.

You'd think 14K gold earrings would be better than silver, but they aren't. Everyone is different, and sometimes sterling silver is better. But again, you have to wait a while after having them pierced to change out - and if you are buying cheap/crappy earrings (Claire's, Icing,...), you want to make sure to not keep them in for days at a time. Perhaps wear them that day, and put a good/trust/reliable pair in at the end of the day. And make sure to clean your ears & the earrings often. I've had no troubles, but my daughter does sometimes. She had the problem where her lobes were red & scabby and didn't wear earrings for like a week. Then it took about a week or so of trying to get earrings back in, because she was afraid and it would hurt, and she wouldn't do it on her own. Now she's an old pro and it seems like she has about 100 pair of earrings, LOL. I know where to go if I need to borrow any :happy:

And LivLuv - sorry to hear about your troubles - perhaps you could find a nice pair of clip-ons? :shrug:

Lila64 said:

And LivLuv - sorry to hear about your troubles - perhaps you could find a nice pair of clip-ons? :shrug:

Yeah...I've been looking but they're all very tacky/gawdy. When I was younger, one of my friends had a pair that had a very strong magnet, so it looked no different than a regular backing, but I can'd find them. I'm thinking of getting them re-pierced with a pearl stud the day before the wedding.

You feel a pinch and then your earlobes will feel really hot, like when you're out on a cold day without a hat and come inside and your ears are burning.

It's really not painful, definitely not a reason not to get it done.

Back
Top Bottom