Shocking Events That Let You Know Your Old.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ooh, i can attest that blockbuster (at least my local one) uses a (in this case) blue screen with cursor, like dos. i remember seeing that and being surprised that a blockbuster that's been around for only a couple years had such an old system, so i figured it meant all blockbusters use it. oy.

MrBrau1 said:
Really? I find them pathetic. You really see how many are followers.

I see what you mean in that way. A friend of mine has a couple of teenage daughters who I get on with pretty well. I think we have a similar sense of humour and like a good wind up. But as far as music goes then I can work out what they'll like and what they won't. But not the other way round. As for going shopping with them, I found that incredible how they can get taken for a ride. They don't understand how they're being targetted for their money. I wouldn't call them pathetic though, because I can see they'll figure it out. A lot of people don't of course. It leaves their mum feeling a bit helpless.

Last edited:
I remember both Pong and Mork and Mindy from elementary school.

When I was in high school the only people who went near computers were nerds with pocket protectors.

My 18th birthday was half my lifetime ago - I just realized that the other day.

Yep, I'm old.

Lara Mullen said:
Mork & mindy :heart: :laugh:

I remember watching that on Nick at Nite when I was really, really little. I loved that show...Nick at Nite or TV Land should bring it back, I haven't seen it in ages. Wow.

Originally posted by MrBrau1
Oh, another sign you're getting old-you don't understand teenagers.

*Puts hands on hips in indignation* Hey!

What's not to understand about us? Hmm?

Angela

icelle said:
You know you're getting up there if you remember when:
* Burning a CD was the act of a pyromaniac.

* You didn't even know what a CD was, because they didn't exist

* A 1-gig hard drive seemed as big as a warehouse. (Today, most are 40-times that.)

Our first computer had a harddisk.
And yes, 20 Megabyte was a lot of space!

(This weekend I had to buy a new harddisk since the other one crashed - one thing that hasn't changed. Anyway, a 40-Gigabyte harddisk, smaller in size than 2 CD jewelcases for 75 euros. A solid price, but not spectacularly low.)

C ya!

Marty

MrBrau1 said:
Oh, another sign you're getting old-you don't understand teenagers.

Heh, I didn't understand teenagers when I -was- a teenager, :)

My parents work in IT, so I was really lucky to witness the wonder of "Space Invaders" in all its 2-colour glory and graphics made of zeroes.

You wind up using lots of stupid sayings. My favorites of the moment are:

"No reason not to" and "working hard or hardly working?"

There's more, all from my Gramps, gotta think of some.

can anyone else remember bbc computers from the 80s

bbc16k.jpg

we had them at school. they had a 'turtle' that you could attach to them. You had to plot in co-ordinates and the turtle was supposed to draw out the path you were describing with a pen in it's bum

valiant.jpg

they also used the huge floppy discs that really were floppy.

We had 3 of the computers and 1 turtle at my school. We thought we were on the cutting edge of technology, and so sophisticated :der:

zonelistener said:
bbc16k.jpg

I soooo wish I could find that funny.

We use something pretty similar at my work. :(

The place where I worked three years ago had "computers" very similar to that! :no: We used to joke that they were on loan from the Bill Gates Museum!

Back
Top Bottom