Shitterton, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The moon
Is shining in the sky
Reminding me
Of so many other nights
When my eyes had been so red
I'd been mistaken for dead
But not tonight

is it just a clever name and everyone there is rich, or...:sad:

If I remember correctly, it was named Poverty Bay by Captain Cook because he was rather unimpressed by it.

And it's not the most affluent part of the country either!

yeah, it's a good song.

though those dub mixes are :yuck: black day is one of the worst dm songs ever :uhoh:
I'll be sure to steer clear of it! I haven't got too many Depeche Mode songs as most of them were on my PC and a lot of them I hadn't had the chance to put on my iPod, so they are gone forever. I've never actually owned one of their CDs, but I am tempted to go buy a bunch of them. :lol:

I'm a radio station whore - I keep changing.....and the rest of the time I listen to CD's or my iPod.

I don't listen to the radio at all any more. Haven't really since 2002. When I lived in New Zealand, I remember ZM playing plenty of U2, REM, Crowded House, Queen, and stuff. My father still listens to it, and ugh, the crap they play now ...!

I'll be sure to steer clear of it! I haven't got too many Depeche Mode songs as most of them were on my PC and a lot of them I hadn't had the chance to put on my iPod, so they are gone forever. I've never actually owned one of their CDs, but I am tempted to go buy a bunch of them. :lol:
:reject: i have all their remastered cds (except ultra and exciter), all their albums on vinyl and most of their singles, and all their albums on remastered vinyl.

i did win some artwork from mute when i preordered the violator remastered vinyl though.

:reject: i have all their remastered cds (except ultra and exciter), all their albums on vinyl and most of their singles, and all their albums on remastered vinyl.

i did win some artwork from mute when i preordered the violator remastered vinyl though.

I don't really have a whole lot of CDs at all.
I had a bunch of different stuff (including stuff from my Metallica phase) when I was 12 or 13 but a lot of them got stolen, ruined (by other people), etc. :|

I don't listen to the radio at all any more. Haven't really since 2002. When I lived in New Zealand, I remember ZM playing plenty of U2, REM, Crowded House, Queen, and stuff. My father still listens to it, and ugh, the crap they play now ...!

Yep it's 99% crap now....and horrendously repetitive....just listening to my mates show is painful enough...I have to spend the rest of the time 'purifying' my brain with real music after that! :lmao:

But him and his co-host are very easy to wind up :evil: if anyone is bored.

Here we go, courtesy of Wikipedia:

The first European known to have set foot in New Zealand, Captain James Cook, did so here on 7 October 1769. This first meeting led to the deaths of 6 local Maori during skirmishes with the crew, due to a misinterpretation of the traditional Maori challenge. Cook was unable to gain many of the provisions he and his crew needed at the bay, and for this reason gave it its name.

Though actually, it isn't that non-affluent since the rather low income places like Ruatoria are further up the east coast from Poverty Bay.

I don't really have a whole lot of CDs at all.
I had a bunch of different stuff (including stuff from my Metallica phase) when I was 12 or 13 but a lot of them got stolen, ruined (by other people), etc. :|
awww, that sucks :hug:

i have quite a bit actually, i just recently tallied everything. 332 cds, and 33 cd singles. i have a toooooon on vinyls too. i've never counted any of it, but i've got lists and pics online.

Yep it's 99% crap now....and horrendously repetitive....just listening to my mates show is painful enough...I have to spend the rest of the time 'purifying' my brain with real music after that! :lmao:

But him and his co-host are very easy to wind up :evil: if anyone is bored.

So why does he play such crap music? :tsk:

awww, that sucks :hug:

i have quite a bit actually, i just recently tallied everything. 332 cds, and 33 cd singles. i have a toooooon on vinyls too. i've never counted any of it, but i've got lists and pics online.
Yeah, I saw one of those lists. :lol:

One of these days, I am sure I will get my own collection going!

So why does he play such crap music? :tsk:

:lol: Because he doesn't have any say on what gets played....the music programmer does that. Can't even REQUEST a song!!! :tsk:

He does own and run a local radio station in my area that has a FAR better music selection and he's not afraid to play anything on that :up:

:lol: Because he doesn't have any say on what gets played....the music programmer does that. Can't even REQUEST a song!!! :tsk:

He does own and run a local radio station in my area that has a FAR better music selection and he's not afraid to play anything on that :up:

Wow, he gets absolutely no say at all on ZM? That's pretty lame. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom