She's gonna make you whisper and DESCRIBE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was thinking of doing that myself. that way it keeps to the rythme and beat of the song.

i'll try that next time i think :hmm:

thread Life!! or i leave!! :grumpy:

Last edited:
i saw you made a post about using windows movie maker i would also like to make a U2 tribute video:hyper: could you tell me how to do it?

well I don't use windows movie maker...never have actually

I use Ulead and it's :drool:

and that's why i'm in and out, I'm still working on my monster movie

but i have to slplit it up into ten minute sections, since youtube has a ten minute limit

and i've already submitted the 80s

but I was unhappy with it cause I wanted it to end with the dream it all up again thing,

but I didn't have it

but now I do

should I start the 90s with the dream it all up again speech?

Open it in Windows Movie Maker, and the video will automatically be split in a bunch of pieces, if you want to split any of these farther, you can.
Under the video screen are some buttons, including four arrow buttons. The ones on the outside are for skipping to the beginning and end of the clip. The two in the middle are for going frame by frame. Use those to find the point you wish to split your clip from, then push the split button (on the right, next to the one with a camera on it).
Then you can drag your clips down into the storyboard (at the bottom of the window). Once they're there, you can also drag them around to rearrange them.

ok thanks i have a little bit of a photo montage goin'. if you know what i mean :wink:
how do i get rid of the sound and slow the video down?

At the top left corner of the storyboard is a little button that looks like a volume bar, click it and a little window will open. Move the arrow all the way to the right, to "audio/music", that way the only sound you have will be any songs you add seperately to it.
Click "Show Timeline" on the storyboard, and it will switch to the timeline view. Here you can "stretch" or "shrink" clips and photos by clicking and dragging the edge of the little thumbnails, to make them stay on screen for longer or shorter lengths of time.

I'm not much of an expert in getting video to save from webpages. If you can open it in Windows Media Player, then you can just go File > Save As and save it. If it's playing in a webpage, you can try to find the URL of the file, either by right-clicking on it and clicking properties, or by sifting through the coding of the page (Right click > View Source).
If you have the direct URL, an easy way to save it would be to put the URL somewhere where you can rightclick it (meaning on a webpage somewhere, I usually use my LJ for it) and then Rightclick > Save target as, to save the file.

wow, I should try WMM when my free trial runs out, it might work just as well, but I'm so used to Ulead now

i tried to import a pic and then i realized it was the wrong one so i hit cancel and then WMM froze:ohmy:

then i did something stupit i actually tyed "cancel previous action" then hit enter and it unfroze:ohmy:

then i tried to import the pic again and it froze and the typing thing didn't work this time:ohmy:

then i hit enter again and it worked again:ohmy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom