She Wants Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone have the new album? I really like "Tear You Apart" but want some feedback before I throw down the dollahs.

I love These Things, it reminds me of Depeche Mode mixed with some Joy Division and any other dark, new wave band.

When I first bought the album I had never even heard of the group save for the listening station I found them in. I took it home, uploaded it to my iPod and forgot about it. The next day I decided to blast it over the Muzak system at the store (after hours). That's about when I found out that more than a couple of their songs are sexual in nature. :lol: Embarrassment aside I really liked the album. Comparatively speaking their music is a cross of Bauhaus, Joy Division and Interpol. More accurately you could say Gothic/New Wave.

Red Flags and Long Nights: This song tends to drone on a bit but I still love it. Possibly a song to work out with.

These Things: Here you get an idea of the singer’s ability to weave a story into a song.

I Don’t Want To Fall in Love: Has a nifty danceable beat as does The Bravery’s “An Honest Mistake.” Ever felt yourself falling for someone when you probably shouldn’t? Then this is for you.

Out of Control: A song just about anyone who has ever gone out clubbing can relate to. The line “Omigawd it’s my favorite song” make me laugh every time I hear it.

Monologue: Joy Division and Depeche Mode comes alive.

Broken Promises For Broken Hearts: The break-up song. “I want to wish you away.”

Sister: If ever a song made me want to :combust: it would be this one. The chorus alone gets me revved up. “You better lie down because the angels are watching. She closed her eyes and said quit with the talking. You can hurt me do whatever you like. So he said shut your mouth girl the angels are listening. She crossed herself now the moments are missing. You can hurt me do whatever you like.”

Disconnect: Mellow instrumental for your rainy Saturday mornings.

Us: The “I know you totally suck as a mate but I still think of you” song.

Someone Must Get Hurt: …and it won’t be me. Sorry.

Tear You Apart: This song you already know of course. I’ve heard this song on the radio a million times and it still makes me want to growl heh.

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not: Not the strongest song on the album. It’s not bad however it just doesn’t stand out as anything special.

Last edited:
so are they like, a REAL band, then?

i remember reading that they were put together by two dj's from l.a. and then signed by fred durst ( :yuck: ). it seems that they are trying REALLY hard to imitate interpol, right down the the minimalist red, black and white graphics. mind you, interpol are trying really hard to sound like joy division so :shrug:. but it's one thing to emulate an influential band from 25 years ago, it's quite another to completely ape the sound of a band that is currently popular.

if you go to their website, there's an interview with them trying desperately to convince the interviewer (and the reader, i guess) that they haven't just jumped onto the new wave/post-punk bandwagon.

that and the fred durst thing really turns me off.

Ok, Depeche Mode/Joy Division/Interpol comparisons/potential copying aside, I saw these guys on a whim perform on Friday. I hadn't much heard of them before.

KICK ASS! They definitely draw you in while performing and you have to admit the songs are catchy and make you want to dance (or maybe that's just me :reject: )

I can't stop listening...:drool:

lmjhitman said:
so are they like, a REAL band, then?

i remember reading that they were put together by two dj's from l.a. and then signed by fred durst ( :yuck: ). it seems that they are trying REALLY hard to imitate interpol, right down the the minimalist red, black and white graphics. mind you, interpol are trying really hard to sound like joy division so :shrug:. but it's one thing to emulate an influential band from 25 years ago, it's quite another to completely ape the sound of a band that is currently popular.

if you go to their website, there's an interview with them trying desperately to convince the interviewer (and the reader, i guess) that they haven't just jumped onto the new wave/post-punk bandwagon.

that and the fred durst thing really turns me off.

There's some t-shirts that were sold at...Bonneroo or lallapalooza, one of those festival concerts, that said "Interpol Wants Revenge" on them. :laugh:

The Paul Banks (singer) of Interpol says he really didn't know about Joy Division, until it was brought to his attention their band all the Joy Division comparisons. Only their bass player was a fan of Joy Division, knew about them.

:shrug:

thrillme said:

There's some t-shirts that were sold at...Bonneroo or lallapalooza, one of those festival concerts, that said "Interpol Wants Revenge" on them. :laugh:
oh man, i would so totally buy one of those. :up:

The Paul Banks (singer) of Interpol says he really didn't know about Joy Division, until it was brought to his attention their band all the Joy Division comparisons. Only their bass player was a fan of Joy Division, knew about them.

:shrug:
hmmm, i find that hard to believe, but seeing as how paul banks :drool: is my future husband, i guess i'll have to take him at his word. :sexywink:

I like She Wants Revenge. Their album isn't very consistent, but when they make a good song they absolutely nail it like on These Things and Monologue. On the other hand their band songs (Tear You Apart and I Don't Wanna Fall in Love, ect.) are pretty awful.

Joy Division shits all over them so far, though.

And the band are legitimate musicians, but the singer/guitarist used to be a rapper, which is part of why there's so much talk about jumping on the bandwagon. His rap stuff was apparently pretty good, though.

Back
Top Bottom