see your IQ!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I scored 140 but I think it is a disadvantage being 30 years old considering all of the brain cells I have drank away :drool: :drunk: :sick: :wink:

I found a pretty interesting test at iqtest.com

I got a 125 on thattest....that's more like it

when are people going to realize that IQ tests (the whole lot of them) are a load of shit?! i say this even with an ability to score above average on the majority of these tests.

i've encountered recognized "genuises" who would surely be held back a grade if they were placed in a kindergarten classroom as an adult--due to poor common sense, a deficiency of practical knowledge, a lack of fundamental learning skills, zero social capabilities, etc.

on the other hand, i've met individuals whos scores would be deemed less than stellar on an official IQ test, yet who possess extraordinary creative genuis, innovative talents, social graces, etc.

take a moment and try and ponder for yourself what an ideal definition of intelligence might be?

in the end, it proves to be a relatively arbitrary process resulting in a myriad of conflicting definitions (especially across cultures). The bottom line is, IQ tests are not much to go by.

yeah, i know that, for many, it's merely fun & games to take these tests, uncover what you think you already know or don't know, compare scores with one another, etc, etc.

i only plead that, in reality, you guys take the concept of an IQ test with a grain of salt (or two) and, above all else, never use them to pigeonhole or discriminate against others.

*rant over :D*

Last edited:
TripThruUreWires said:
when are people going to realize that IQ tests (the whole lot of them) are a load of shit?! i say this even with an ability to score above average on the majority of these tests.

i've encountered recognized "genuises" who would surely be held back a grade if they were placed in a kindergarten classroom as an adult--due to poor common sense, a deficiency of practical knowledge, a lack of fundamental learning skills, zero social capabilities, etc.

on the other hand, i've met individuals whos scores would be deemed less than stellar on an official IQ test, yet who possess extraordinary creative genuis, innovative talents, social graces, etc.

take a moment and try and ponder for yourself what an ideal definition of intelligence might be?

in the end, it proves to be a relatively arbitrary process resulting in a myriad of conflicting definitions (especially across cultures). The bottom line is, IQ tests are not much to go by.

yeah, i know that, for many, it's merely fun & games to take these tests, uncover what you think you already know or don't know, compare scores with one another, etc, etc.

i only plead that, in reality, you guys take the concept of an IQ test with a grain of salt (or two) and, above all else, never use them to pigeonhole or discriminate against others.

*rant over :D*

I dont disagree with much of this, but you know that there's different measures for these true tests, yeah? Obviously these internet ones are nothing but playing, but studies which are done by psychologists can look into different aspects of our thinking. I think a lot of what is important falls under our EQ, rather than the intelligence quota. I know when I did a real psychologist's IQ test many years ago, the areas it covered were limited in ways, and the results would certainly have changed as I have, as well as missing some key areas which might be my strengths in things which would fall under an emotional quota or other.

wow, rambling. But essentially I agree. These and mensa wankings are a load of ego inflating.

You know that 'John likes such and such a number but he doesn't like so and so a number' question? How do you work out the answer to that?

Back
Top Bottom