School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't want summer to end either...a week and a half until I begin my final semester of college (glad to be getting it done with though!).

Try not to be too nervous about starting at a new school...I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun (apart from the fact that it's school ;) ).

meh, school starts on the first week of september for me... i'm not sure what day though... don't wanna think bout it.... :|

im getting exam reslts this morning and i have 2 pick 2 sets of results from skool b/c i did them with an english exam board

and then my other subject results being posted through the door :barf:

I just wrote a final
two hours long...two questions...

I think my hands are bleeding...wait....no they're not

*pheew*

I started back to university last year to do it right and maybe even get a degree. At this rate I'll be done in ...about 6 years...maybe. Ugh! I'm really enjoying it, but do it the right way the first time! :)

I'm starting college next week.

This time I'm actually excited for school to start, unlike middle and high school.

I am sort of nervous though, since I've never been away from home and all (I'm an only child too, so I have to deal with living with another person).

Other than that, though, I can't wait.

Hmm. 12 years of school at 25-30 hours a week, an average of 14 weeks off a year, sick days that no one really yells at you for, a very social atmosphere, getting away with being irresponsible, varied days (learning is fun when you think about it) with not as much routine as you may think yet, no 'boss' type figure who likely slept their way to their position or got their by palming work off to everyone else and appearing as a good 'delegator' or management material when infact they are just plain bone idle lazy, all responsibility you have and may fail to meet is yours alone; entire departments dont have a shit attack if things fall apart as they invariably do.

Versus:

40 odd years of a minimum 40 hours a week, 4 weeks paid leave per year, having to simply put up with an unworkable team environment because colleagues all have different goals and reasons for being there, trying to get a team working when there are workload clashes and those that do not add to a team environment's success, 1 yearly pay review where all the mistakes are remembered yet all those millions of good things you have achieved are forgotten in such a convenient way, pay that is not likely to reflect your work; most workers are tired and pissed with the fact they have to do on average the work of 2 people (unless you are very lucky), a wage that is supposed to cover rent/mortgage, all bills, petrol, food, rates, loans, unexpected expenses, and hopefully a bit is left over so you can try to pretend you have a life.

I would go back to school. Of course, if I did, I would not be happy after a while and wish I had money and a job so I could go out and live like I would want. And end up just in some grind with endless bills, working with a problem filled company that cannot even get a server running smoothly....etc. lol. We cant win no matter what we do.

Good luck with your new school U2er, I hope you settle in really quick and the people are friendly.

:)

u2er said:
It's my first day in a new school tomorrow.. I'm nervous :sad: I don't want summer to end :scream:

u2er, it's only normal that you're a bit nervous. Growth takes place outside your comfort zone. It's cheesy, but it holds a lot of truth. It's kind of my mantra whenever I get nervous about new situations. Not much for advice, but maybe something worth thinking about... :)

i am one twisted teacher

SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!
WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHEMISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!
STINKY TEACHERS!!!!!!!!!

MUWHAUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :macdevil: :macdevil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom