Scattered Islands in the Indian Ocean Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, right.

Oh, when is it due?

Next week. Even though he TOLD me he wanted it today. Then apparently he decided he only wanted scripts from people who were going on Wednesday. I'm not going til NEXT wednesday

Next week. Even though he TOLD me he wanted it today. Then apparently he decided he only wanted scripts from people who were going on Wednesday. I'm not going til NEXT wednesday

Oh, now that's just fucking lame.

I'm nearly at my 500 words for the day. Like drawing blood from a motherfucking stone, I assure you.

I can't even remember what a bell curve is. One of my teachers in high school used it ,but...it was a long time ago

Some college should grade 10% as an A to a bell curve it would be funny

People freaking out when they got 15% :wink:

:lol:

Here, 72% is the average on the bell curve. So all essays are awarded their percentage based on that midpoint.

OK, back in about 20 minutes. I've passed my 500 words for the day, so when I return, I shall procrastinate by pursuing an idea to make life easier on the Superthreads. An amended masterlist of potential locations to avoid repeats like we did with Bald Knob.

:wave:

Woah, what the hell? The ad at the top of the page has suddenly moved to between the posts of the thread itself and the box with the link to our User CP and the FAQ and stuff (which it was formerly above). :huh:

I don't like it, it breaks up the page ...

Woah, what the hell? The ad at the top of the page has suddenly moved to between the posts of the thread itself and the box with the link to our User CP and the FAQ and stuff (which it was formerly above). :huh:

I don't like it, it breaks up the page ...

Oh God! WHAT IS THIS!

I can't even remember what a bell curve is. One of my teachers in high school used it ,but...it was a long time ago

a bell curve would be like

15% A
20% B
30% C
20% D
15% E
5% F

And that being decided on before tests were graded as what the number of people getting As should be

a bell curve would be like

15% A
20% B
30% C
20% D
15% E
5% F

And that being decided on before tests were graded as what the number of people getting As should be

What?

Like...that's how much of the class is going to get those grades?

What?

Like...that's how much of the class is going to get those grades?

Well not exactly I'm just making up numbers but there would be a set number of people to get certain grades; and if grades didn't live up to those standards or were too high they'd try to inflate or deflate grades.

If everyone got an A, a degree would be worthless so only so many people can be allowed to get an A

Yeah, that's basically what I mean,t I know waht you're talking about now, and no they def. don't do that at my school, but i know that's what it's like in a lot of upper level courses and grad schools

Well not exactly I'm just making up numbers but there would be a set number of people to get certain grades; and if grades didn't live up to those standards or were too high they'd try to inflate or deflate grades.

If everyone got an A, a degree would be worthless so only so many people can be allowed to get an A

Yep. I've overheard arguments between tutors about bumping people up or down to fit the bell curve. Melbourne University does allow course co-ordinators to put forth a case to the assessment review panel if they believe they have a justifiable reason for more students getting, say, an H1 than the bell curve demands. One of my favourite academics did just that - successfully, I might add - for a course I took, with his argument as he expressed it to me being that The Struggle For Universal Human Rights "attracts a higher calibre of student than Great Moments In Australian Sport."

Yeah, that's basically what I mean,t I know waht you're talking about now, and no they def. don't do that at my school, but i know that's what it's like in a lot of upper level courses and grad schools

I see both pros and cons to it. Ultimately, though, I prefer being marked to a matrix, where you know that if you tick all the right boxes, you WILL get an H1. That's what they did in Queensland, and it's in fact what every faculty at Melbourne does apart from Arts.

OK, so I'm listening to this UK radio station, which has already a million times better than any radio station I've ever listened to, and it's only been three songs. BUT, this is Keans :ohmy: the last thing I've heard from this is from the album that Somewhere Only We Know was on

I see both pros and cons to it. Ultimately, though, I prefer being marked to a matrix, where you know that if you tick all the right boxes, you WILL get an H1. That's what they did in Queensland, and it's in fact what every faculty at Melbourne does apart from Arts.

It's that how they do it here?

OK, so I'm listening to this UK radio station, which has already a million times better than any radio station I've ever listened to, and it's only been three songs. BUT, this is Keans :ohmy: the last thing I've heard from this is from the album that Somewhere Only We Know was on

Which station are you listening to, I'm listening to Radio1 as we speak :up:

Ashley listen to Phantom 105.2 it's an Irish station that's actually pretty good

Which station are you listening to, I'm listening to Radio1 as we speak :up:

I'll keep these in mind, I'm listening to XFM right now waiting for the New Killers Single to debut. It's not supposed to debut til an hour from now...well an hour frm now, and then sometime in the three hour long show...so I figured I'd check the station out while I'm waiting. They've been playing a LOT of Kings of Leon, this is the first time I've ever heard KoL, they're better than I expected.

I'll keep these in mind, I'm listening to XFM right now waiting for the New Killers Single to debut. It's not supposed to debut til an hour from now...well an hour frm now, and then sometime in the three hour long show...so I figured I'd check the station out while I'm waiting. They've been playing a LOT of Kings of Leon, this is the first time I've ever heard KoL, they're better than I expected.

I've never even heard of XFM actually, I don't usually listen to the radio because I find the playlists boring and (with some exceptions) the DJ's tiresome. I might check it out though, what time are they playing the new Killers single? Okay, I'm slightly behind the times but could have sworn Sam's Town was only out five minutes ago.. :hmm:

Kings Of Leon are number one in the UK singles charts, for two weeks now

They're mainstream here

It's that how they do it here?

Pretty sure.

Holy shit, my computer just managed to waste ten minutes of my life by being slower than a fucking snail and freezing up at every opportunity. I never knew it could be so agonising just to turn off a simple virus scan that I didn't want! :mad:

I've never even heard of XFM actually, I don't usually listen to the radio because I find the playlists boring and (with some exceptions) the DJ's tiresome. I might check it out though, what time are they playing the new Killers single? Okay, I'm slightly behind the times but could have sworn Sam's Town was only out five minutes ago.. :hmm:

I've no idea, I just searched to see who it was that was premiering the single, and this is what Google game me. They're supposed to play it between 7 and 10. And you're just too used to being a U2 fan :tsk: they released Sam's Town two years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom