Say it ain't so, Cusack!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Monday, 3 Nov 2003
Britney Spears is reportedly dating actor John Cusack, after falling for him during a promotional tour for her upcoming album. According to Britain's Daily Star newspaper, the singer, 21, met the 37-year-old Con Air star while performing in New York clubs, and was overheard asking an assistant for his number. Reports also claim the sexy star headed to the plush Four Seasons Hotel, where Cusack was staying, after chatting to a mystery man on her cell phone. And sources close to the singer insist the pair have subsequently shared some intimate dates. One says, "They are seeing each other but not really dating. It's too early to say where this may lead, but there is something there."

Source : IMDB

Another one bites the dust. I thought he was smart, too.
:rolleyes: :tsk: :sigh:

Us Magazine reports that Britney Spears and actor John Cusack spent time together in New York around Britney's recent 'Saturday Night Live' appearance. It's too early to say they're dating, but a source tells Us Magazine that, "There is something there." -source

:shrug:

KhanadaRhodes said:
when the good looking woman is as brain dead as britney, yes.

i don't care either way if a man or woman finds her attractive. but relationship-worthy? the girl is stoooopid! it's frustrating, that's all. :rolleyes:

I would date her. She's rich, hot, and nobody here knows her personally, so how do you know what kind of person she is?
I know her music sucks, but she still may be a beautiful person.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i forgot that some people are able to make a judgement on intelligence based upon one's public persona... i unfortunatly wasn't born with that trait... damn genes.

So you're suggesting that's Britney's public persona is simply all a ploy, an image, and that she's really smarter than she acts in front of the cameras, in magazines, etc?

This could very well be true, but I've certainly never heard an evidence to back it up. Acting as she does in public, regardless of whether or not she may be intelligent, simply makes her stupid, imo. If she's got the brains, why doesn't she act like it? Where's the justification/satisfaction in playing the part of the dumb blonde?

John, John....I always thought he was better than that.

Edit add: I would, in fact, blame friends of mine for dating someone who acted dumb to get attention. I think my friends deserve better than that. There's also a difference between enjoying someone's compan, using them for physical pleasure, and actually having a conversation with them.

I think most people are just surprised because John Cusack appears to be a reasonably intelligent guy--yeah, sure he deserves a gorgeous gal, but again, I think people expect others tp date/be attracted to people like themselves, thus we'd hope to see John with someone who's smart, witty, and cute.

Last edited:
The_Sweetest_Thing said:

If she's got the brains, why doesn't she act like it? Where's the justification/satisfaction in playing the part of the dumb blonde?

money.jpg

image is everything...

No, she got that by playing the sexy blonde.

Open up her first album cover. What's the first thing you see? a crotch-shot. A mis-fold, perhaps? Maybe, but more likely, a strategy to market her sex appeal. THAT'S what's made her the money...the tours, the short tops, low pants, etc. No where in the equation did Britney ever make money for her political opinons or ridiculous comments. In fact, her popularity level has only decreased over the past few years as she's talked more and more openly to the media about such things.

Oh well, these celebrities date each other..whatever.

I can certainly understand a guy being attracted to her looks. Hey, at her age or any age I never had/ will never have the attention from guys that Britney has. But sorry, I'd rather have some dignity :|

And no, that comment has nothing to do w/ "jealousy"-it's my opinion. As for her intelligence - I don't think she's playing dumb in any of her interviews. Sure, she's probably at heart a good person, but what does everyone see and judge her on?

Shes probably jsut doing this for publicity - so ppl talk about her - draw attention to her - isnt she releasing an album soon?

Shes not that stupid - she knows how to draw attention to herself when she wants to :up:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

So you're suggesting that's Britney's public persona is simply all a ploy, an image, and that she's really smarter than she acts in front of the cameras, in magazines, etc?

This could very well be true, but I've certainly never heard an evidence to back it up. Acting as she does in public, regardless of whether or not she may be intelligent, simply makes her stupid, imo. If she's got the brains, why doesn't she act like it? Where's the justification/satisfaction in playing the part of the dumb blonde?

John, John....I always thought he was better than that.

Edit add: I would, in fact, blame friends of mine for dating someone who acted dumb to get attention. I think my friends deserve better than that. There's also a difference between enjoying someone's compan, using them for physical pleasure, and actually having a conversation with them.

I think most people are just surprised because John Cusack appears to be a reasonably intelligent guy--yeah, sure he deserves a gorgeous gal, but again, I think people expect others tp date/be attracted to people like themselves, thus we'd hope to see John with someone who's smart, witty, and cute.

Yep you said it all.

Back
Top Bottom