Saw the Pixies last night!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Last night I went with a coupld of friends to see the reunited Pixies at the Tweeter Center in Camden. Boy, this was my second concert ever, and damn it rocked. My first concert was R.E.M. Oct 30, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This Pixies crowd just had something to it though. There were a couple people behind my smoking pot (and not very subtly I might add *COUGH COUGH HACK HACK COUGH:sick: *). But there was so much energy there last night. We missed the first act "The Bennies" because our waitress at Applebee's was shit, haha, but saw the entire set for the second act "The Datsons". They weren't too bad. R.E.M.'s opener Angela McKlusky was still far better. When the Pixies came on though it was nuts. They opened with Veloria, but it wasn't too great. It seems they were just going through the motions for the first couple of songs. About half way through though they were totally loosened up and they were even telling jokes (why did the beastialitist cross the road?). They played about 10 songs from Doolittle (my favorite Pixies album) so that truely kicked ass. They were really on fire for the second half of the set. God, Frank Black is fat. I mean fucking gigantic. Which reminds me of how they played a one-song encore of Gigantic with Kim Deal on lead vocals :drool: (drool for song, not Kim :huh: ). What a performance though, damn. I really can't wait to see U2 now for the first time this summer. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom