sarah mclachlan to release new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
NEWS - Sarah McLachlan To Release New Album 09/04/2003

(9/4/03, 3 p.m. ET) -- After several years away from the public eye, Sarah McLachlan will return with an album of all new material in November. The first single from the as-of-yet untitled release is "Fallen."

Afterglow is the Canadian artist's first new studio album in six years. According to the Canadian Press, she took a break following an intense 10-year period which saw her put out five albums and produce the Lilith Fair traveling festival. She also became a mother in 2002 and lost her own mother to cancer.

"She lived the average person's life," said her manager, adding, "And as such, she didn't really start focusing on music again till a good nine months after her daughter's birth."

The 35-year-old singer last's full-fledge toured was in 1999. Her last studio release was 1997's Surfacing.

from launch.com

omg i am so excited. :drool: i :heart: :heart: :heart: her. she is just about one of my favorites of all time. :love:

:up:

I just read about this a few mins ago.

I enjoyed her most recent stuff. Supposedly if you can find her new single online, I havent looked.

Seems like a lot of good albums are coming out this fall/winter.

here's more info from rollingstone.com:

McLachlan Sets Glowing Return

First album since 1997 due in November

Sarah McLachlan's first album of new material in six years, Afterglow, is due in stores in on November 4th. Her last studio release was 1997's Surfacing, and the live album Mirrorball followed in 1999.

"She spent twelve years of her life doing nothing but music," MacLachlan's manager, Terry McBride says. "Everyone needs to recharge their batteries at some point. It's good to step back and give the public some relief from you."

Afterglow, MacLachlan's fifth album, was produced by longtime collaborator Pierre Marchand. Its first single, "Fallen," hit radio September 1st.

McLachlan virtually retired from the music industry three years ago, after a stretch from 1997-1999 that included relentless touring in support of the multi-platinum Surfacing as well as the launch of the female-centric Lilith Fair festival tour. Then in April 2002, MacLachlan gave birth to daughter India.

She began a tentative return to live performance on June 21st, performing at the Concert for Toronto SARS benefit, only her second major live appearance since 1999.

MacLachlan's offbeat update of Harry Chapin Carpenter's "Cat's in the Cradle," which she recorded with Run-DMC's Darryl McDaniels earlier this summer, won't show up on Afterglow, even though it has received some airplay. But the track will be on McDaniels' long-awaited solo debut, Checks, Thugs and Rock 'N Roll. The pair were first introduced at a pre-Grammy party four years ago.

McBride says it's not likely McLachlan will revive Lilith Fair, but she will begin a string of solo promotional performances in early October and will mount an extensive amphitheater tour beginning next summer.

GIL KAUFMAN
(September 4, 2003)

:hyper:

Thanks for the good news, Screaming Flower! Sarah is also from Vancouver, and I knew her album was pretty much done for a while now, but I didn't know it was finally going to be released. Very cool :up:

I have a very funny Sarah story that I told on Interference a while ago. I don't know if anyone here remembers it. I might rehash it if anyone cares, though it's embarrassing, LOL.

Michael Griffiths said:
I have a very funny Sarah story that I told on Interference a while ago. I don't know if anyone here remembers it. I might rehash it if anyone cares, though it's embarrassing, LOL.

i want to hear it. :sexywink:

Sarah makes beautiful music. I look forward to hearing some songs of this new album. :up:

LOL, I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it! Okay, this happened about 3 and a half years ago, soon after I moved to Vancouver. I was working at a very trendy grocery store/cappuccino bar/restaurant type place located in an area where trendy/famous people shop at trendy grocery store/cappuccino bar/restaurant type places. It was in Yaletown, where many a celebrity hangs out. I worked in the restaurant, which was sort of cafe style. Anyway, Sarah came up to the display case to look at the various salads and dishes. As soon as she walked up (with her assistant), I knew it was her. She was so cute, had these huge almond eyes, peering behind this hat which she had pulled down half way down her face. Yes, she was in cognito. Of course, I played it very cool, thinking to myself how she was just another normal person who happened to be very successful and good at what she did. I had seen and talked to many other celebrities at this place before, so I figured no big deal. Well, she peered up at me, and I smiled back. She asked me some questions about the Tabbouleh salad, and I answered them very cooly. She smiled and thanked me. I was doing so well. Very cool, very calm. I was in contol, and she--I thought to myself--must have thought how cool I was for being so cool.

Cool.

So she tells me she's going to check the sushi bar, and I smile and point her in the right direction. Meanwhile, this immature co-worker of mine is busy harrassing me to say something. John was his name. "This is your only chance, Michael!" he persisted with a pair of devilish eyebrows. I still rememer them, and his grin like the joker from Batman: "The one time you get to say something to Sarah and make a connection!" continued John. He knew I was a big fan. I was so excited by this point, but I didn't want to blow my cover, which I had just so delicately built for her. Well, a little more prodding by John, and I couldn't resist. Sarah walked by the counter again on her way to the cash register to pay for her sushi, and--in perfect unison--John and I yelled out, "Sarah! We love your music!!" I mean, of all the things to say to someone like her, I say the one thing I've always promised myself not to say. I don't know what came over me. I forgot the whole concept of restraint. Anyway, Sarah didn't say anything. (I assumed at the time she just didn't hear us, but in retrospect I think she might have been pretending not to hear us.) So, to make matters even worse, I yell out again, "SARAH! I LOVE YOUR MUSIC!" At this point, the entire restaurant all turn their heads--also in perfect unison--promptly toward Sarah. It was odd to see an entire array of heads turning on pivot like that, almost on cue. Anyway, Sarah smiled this time (feigned or not), and said thank-you. Later I found out the cashier had said to her, "Well, I guess you're no longer in cognito," to which Sarah replied, "I guess not!". LOL. Luckily, no one bothered her at all. She sat at the tall round table to the left of the cash register, and looked quite alright for the rest of her meal. She's kind of like our U2 in a way. Vancouverites would rather not seem star struck by her, or anyone for that matter. She's just one of the girls. But, yes, Sarah definitely has a power over me. I never would have believed it until then!

I saw her at the very first Lilith Fair in 1997. I was only 14. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to a tour next summer--I'd see her again.

paxetaurora said:
I saw her at the very first Lilith Fair in 1997. I was only 14. :)

I'm definitely looking forward to a tour next summer--I'd see her again.
Paxetaurora - I've never seen her live. You're so lucky. I had the chance once (before Lilith Fair) but couldn't go. :( She's got the most unique voice. I don't know why, but I always think of it as a rich, dark wood. Yeah, kind of "woody". Does that sound strange? Or can anyone else see why I would think this? I've never been able to figure it out, but it's true.

My favourite albums are Solace and Fumbling Towards Ecstacy. Her first one, 'Touch', is very good if you're in the right mood, too. It's almost classical in some ways. 'Ben's Song' is so beautiful and sad. About a child she knew who died from what I understand.

Last edited:
I can't wait to hear Fallin. She has the most beautiful, ethereal voice and her lyrics simply mesmerize me. I would so love to hear her live. Something else to look forward too...:heart:
when I think of her music I always think of candles, a fire place, red wine and good companyc. So I understand what you are saying. :yes:

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:
I can't wait to hear Fallin. She has the most beautiful, ethereal voice and her lyrics simply mesmerize me. I would so love to hear her live. Something else to look forward too...:heart:
when I think of her music I always think of candles, a fire place, red wine and good companyc. So I understand what you are saying. :yes:
Here's a link to 'Fallen':
http://thesims.ea.com/us/getcool/supersarah.html

I'm sure it doesn't sound as good as the CD version will, but there you go.

As for your description, I totally agree. Candles, a fire place, and red wine. The good company is an added bonus. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom