sarah mclachlan to release new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cute story Michael, and yes, Fallen does sound rather Dido-like. Not that there's anything wrong with that ;) I love it anyway.

Sarah is, as many of you may know, like a Canadian icon. We love her, we revere her. Everyone loves Sarah, or at least appreciates her music. even guys I know who are into hard-rock, punk-metal music have a soft spot for that 'Building a Mystery girl" 'cause she's semi-alternative and just damn good at what she does. I can't wait to see her live (I never have). I just sincerely hope I get tickets. Rumour has it that she once played at Convocation Hall (a building at my niversity, about 1000-2000 people). I'd love to have that happen again. It would be amazing.

Her B-Sides and Rarities is absolutely amazing. *sigh*

Michael Griffiths said:

bonosloveslave - You are such a tease! The link doesn't work anymore.:angry:

Sorry - they seem to have updated her site...

Go to www.sarahmclachlan.com, enter the site, click on discography, then click on Afterglow, then next to "Fallen" is a little tv - click on that to get the quicktime video :)

BTW, looks like she'll be on the talk show circuit next week - Letterman on Monday, Regis and Kelly on Wed., Jay Leno on the 12th :hyper:

not trying to be a wet blanket... but i find it kinda eerie that someone would quote something about mclachlan from a u2 forum... it's almost like there's a lurking stalker. :uhoh: :crack: :|

bonosloveslave - What does it sound like? Is it more "commercial" than her past work? I thought Surfacing was her most commercial yet... I hope this isn't as so. My favourite albums are Fumbling Towards Ecstacy and Solace. They were raw and beautiful. Her last album was great too, don't get me wrong... but her first single for this album s kind of Dido-esque, don't you think? Does the rest of the album sound like the first single?

I :heart: Sarah......... just got back from Future Shop. Listening to it now.

Michael: It is commercial sure, but not in the way her last release was (although I love everything she does). I would say it has a more raw feel, but you let us know when you GET OFF YOUR ASS AND BUY IT! :laugh:

Eek! I forgot about this! I'm definitely off to the cd shop tonight!
:hyper:

I've been in a Sarah McLachlan mood lately (a.k.a. :sad:...well, not really ) Was listening to "Mirrorball" and "Surfacing" recently.

Last edited:
Angel said:
I :heart: Sarah......... just got back from Future Shop. Listening to it now.

Michael: It is commercial sure, but not in the way her last release was (although I love everything she does). I would say it has a more raw feel, but you let us know when you GET OFF YOUR ASS AND BUY IT! :laugh:
Haha! Yeah, but my ass is so comfortable! hee hee

So, is the rest of the album like 'Fallen'? :sexywink:

I would say the majority of the songs have a similar feel to "Fallen" - I really like "Time" and "Train Wreck". "World on Fire" and "Stupid" are good too :)

I have listened to it 3x now and like it, I mean it's Sarah. But it's pretty produced and more similar to "Surfacing" than anything else. I wouldn't say it's commercial in the sense it was done intentionally to sell records. It's just what people do these days. Raw is out I guess. But like I said, it's good! Gotta have my Sarah.

... and Michael, maybe your ass will be less lazy when you find out it's only $9.99 at Future Shop.

A solid album that isn't quite "classic" like her last two major albums. Very enjoyable nonetheless.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom