Sarah McLachlan..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to start meeting pretty, sensitive girls who are living in the now, and not in the early to mid '90s. :wink:

Sarah is going to be on tv this week:

October 16, 2006 on Canada AM - CTV Interview and performance More...
October 16, 2006 on ET Canada - Global TV Performance More...
October 17, 2006 on Star TV Performance More...
October 18, 2006 on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Performance More...
October 18, 2006 on Etalk Daily - CTV Interview and performance More...
October 20, 2006 on The Ellen Degeneres Show Performance More...

The first song I ever heard of hers was her cover of Gordon Lightfoot's 'Song For A Winter's Night', sent to me by a good Canadian member of this forum.

I'm happy to see it's on the Christmas album tracklistingamabob.

MrsSpringsteen said:
So, how is it? :wink: I think I'll get it this week, and listen to it even though it's only October :slant:

I have finally been able to listen to Wintersong and I really like :up: I had to put up with family members and co-workers who did not want to listen to a Christmas cd in October. Thankfully, I commute to and from work by myself and did not feel silly singing 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' all by myself.

It is a very laid back/mellow almost a jazz type Christmas cd with several outstanding songs.

The highlights:

'River' ~ one of my favourite Joni Mitchell songs

'Wintersong' ~ a new Sarah song

'Song For A Winter's Night' ~ the Gordon Lightfoot song (recorded in 1994)

'In The Bleak Mid-Winter' ~ it's beautiful

'Christmas Time Is Here' ~ featuring Diana Krall on piano. If you have seen Charlie Brown's Christmas, you know this song

Christmas tradition

So I usually get a Christmas cd every year to comemorate the season and to keep me festive. This one has the most promise.

I was surprised to see that her duet with the BNL "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/ We Three Kings" wasn't on the list. Not that I need it. I got "Maybe This Christmas" 4 years ago for that and then last year I got "Barenaked for the holidays" and it was on there too.

So I have two possibilites so far for a christmas album. Anyone know a good compilation of 80's Alternative Christmas stuff besides A Very Special Christmas?

Sarah is :drool: as is Wintersong. I play Christmas music throughout the year, it seems to put me in a better mood at times (like listening to Charlie Brown's Christmas soundtrck at work) but Diana Krall is also wonderful :drool: :drool:

I caught Sarah the other night on Leno and the last half of Ellen today :up:

Sarah is great, my favorite record is definatly mirrorball, i bought to complete concert today. She is just dreamy.

Love her

Just got Wintersong...so far it's great. :up: Silent Night :drool:

Sarah :bow:

My dad thought I was nuts when I asked him for it. I have a bunch of Christmas cd's, I just love Christmas music! I'm Jewish. :reject: :lol:

I love the "Noel/ Mary Mary" track :up:

Goodstuff on this album. I like the songs she opted for the record (i.e. not the cheesy fluff that most people tend to cover for the holidays).

Ah, one of my favourite Vancouverites... I remember when she came into the store I was working at and I basically made a fool out of myself trying to be "cool"....but the "making the fool" part came when I couldn't help myself and told her how much I loved her music. I was like a giddy schoolgirl.....you don't want to know the story....maybe you do....but I'll leave it at that. It was rather embarrassing to say the least.

Anyway, my favoute album by her is Solace, but I agree with the poster who said Fumbling Toward Ecstacy is like her Achtung Baby. I guess Solace is like her Joshua Tree. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom