Santa's Workshop, North Pole, NY/Santaville, VT, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any recommendations for any R.E.M. songs in particular, 'cause I want moar. (preferably from the 90's, cause I like it that way)

80s REM is the way to go. Murmur and Document to begin with; the former offers moodiness AND catchiness, while the latter just slays, and offers two of their best hits. 90s REM is a mixed bag...Automatic For The People is the standout classic, but your enjoyment of the others relies strictly on your taste.

Avoid 00s REM, kid. You'll shoot your eye out.

80s REM is the way to go. Murmur and Document to begin with; the former offers moodiness AND catchiness, while the latter just slays, and offers two of their best hits. 90s REM is a mixed bag...Automatic For The People is the standout classic, but your enjoyment of the others relies strictly on your taste.

Yeah, I do understand 90's REM may depend on my tastes, AFTP and Monster look like something right up alley, while I don't think that OOT and I would mix well bar a few tracks, but we'll see. I don't know about New Adventures and Up, yet. How they compare to the others and all.

Seeing as how 80's REM is very popular among many, i'll take your word for it and check it out quite soon once I find out which songs I should nitpick and from which albums.

And don't worry, I haven't ventured into 00's REM yet, though I remember that Accelerate got a good rap and thought of visiting that. But now you mention it, I'll stay away.

Actually, Document's my least favourite R.E.M. album. :reject:

Actually, Document's my least favourite R.E.M. album. :reject:

I enjoy Document, but I think it's hit-and-miss.

I know it's such a cliche choice, but I reckon The One I Love is the best song on there. For once a worthy song gets due attention.

I thought their last album actually was received quite well?

I got the impression it was received about as well as a 2000s REM album is likely to be received, which is to say - you're still better off cranking the 1980s stuff.

I haven't downloaded a single 2000s REM album yet though, so I can't talk. Oh wait, no, I've heard Reveal and it blows, excepting The Lifting and Imitation Of Life.

I heard that Around the Sun was labelled as crap by many, but I can't judge that album yet. Same for Accelerate, although I heard it was a return to form, much like NLOTH sort of was.

I initially read that as MOAR MOSCATO (heartily endorsed) and MOAR CHEESE. Why DON'T you have MOAR CHEESE, A$hl3y?

picturekn.jpg

Hat mouse has had a rough Christmas.

Hatmouse can at least look forward to a respectable tufmas?

Cause all I have is american and that just can't be eaten by itself :yuck:

I've heard eating 64 slices of American cheese will make you go blind.

LM knows - all too well - that that's my favourite Simpsons scene ever.

possible drive by post. :tongue:

(678): The police are arresting two women who got in a fight for the last Twilight DVD at Best Buy. Classic.

Cin! Stay!

And :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom