Santa Claus, Indiana, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now I'm imagining you with your butt firmly planted in the snow, refusing to move.

Btw, I thought it was meant to say :eatsit: and that made me lawl

Well now I'm imagining you with your butt firmly planted in the snow, refusing to move.

Btw, I thought it was meant to say :eatsit: and that made me lawl
lmao thanks, now i'm picturing this too. i've got my arms folded like "hmmph! i'm not moving" and everything and i'm cracking up. and i'm wearing one of those little winter caps with the pom pom on it. even though i don't own one. my imagination is a little too vivid, i know :uhoh:

lol, great, another visualization.

i just had one of the most irresponsible ideas with what to do with some extra money: open a cd account, let it sit and accrue interest for a year, then take an awesome trip with the money. :uhoh:

i just had one of the most irresponsible ideas with what to do with some extra money: open a cd account, let it sit and accrue interest for a year, then take an awesome trip with the money. :uhoh:

Or lose it all when the banks collapse. :up:

stupid migraine gtfa

this painkiller needs to work faster/better.

:hug:

i think i've got migraines again. i had one leave the final stages just yesterday, and now i am all ok again. it wasn't as bad as i used to have them, years ago. lately i've had excruciating headaches, but this one came with the nausea, the noise and light sensitivity and then i looked in the mirror the day before - and yeah, my eyes were so red. i think thyey're still a little red. i don't need to look. it's christmas eve. i have food shopping to do today. i'm not pushing it. i know i look like crap!
:woohoo:

by the way, hello carpet burns!

i'm going to the chinese people with the nimble fingers to get a massage today. it will be my 3rd massage ever in my life. i have to ration them so i don't get addicted.
:hyper:

i think i've got migraines again. i had one leave the final stages just yesterday, and now i am all ok again. it wasn't as bad as i used to have them, years ago. lately i've had excruciating headaches, but this one came with the nausea, the noise and light sensitivity and then i looked in the mirror the day before - and yeah, my eyes were so red. i think thyey're still a little red. i don't need to look. it's christmas eve. i have food shopping to do today. i'm not pushing it. i know i look like crap!
:woohoo:
thanks :hug: luckily my mom was coming to meet me for lunch (we meet once a week :cute:) and since i've got to wean myself off the preventive stuff i'm taking now before i can start the new one, i'm sure that's not helping since i'm only taking half the daily dosage i usually do. but she's going to see her tomorrow anyway and she's going to ask if i can start on the new one while continuing to wean myself off the old one.

that sucks that you're getting them again too. and with the nausea, that's just the worst kind. i really don't get why people get migraines. i know the cause of them of course and what goes on in your body when you get one, but i just don't get why, like what the purpose is. it's not like with a cold where you feel like shit because your body's fighting off a virus. but i'm sure you look fine :hug:

by the way, hello carpet burns!

i'm going to the chinese people with the nimble fingers to get a massage today. it will be my 3rd massage ever in my life. i have to ration them so i don't get addicted.
:hyper:
:wave: hello bottlecap on the beach.

ooh, so you're getting one of those special massages? shiatsu or whatever. i just get the plain old kind but i like getting the hot stones too, and aromatherapy. i have to be careful though because i don't like when they practically beat you up. they are addictive, for sure. if i had the money i'd get one this weekend or something.

well technically i do have money, but i'm trying to decide what to do with it. i can be sensible and pay bills, or i could use it towards a plane ticket for liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike australia or something :D

so you're going to be taking a daily medication from now on to prevent them? do they work? they must be strong!
how often do you usually get them, the headaches?

so you're going to be taking a daily medication from now on to prevent them? do they work? they must be strong!
how often do you usually get them, the headaches?
oh, i've been on and off preventative medication for years. i'd been taking topamax which helped a lot, then it suddenly stopped working. then i went on something else...forget what. it worked for a while, like a year or so, then again, they ended up getting worse. plus i was losing my insurance and it was too expensive to use. i got put on something called propranalol, which is a beta blocker. those didn't work with my mom either, though she didn't tell me that until after i'd realized they'd stop working so it wouldn't be a psychosomatic thing.

the medication she's switching me to is called frova, which made me laugh cuz i immediately thought of axver. :reject: i hope they are strong, i'd rather be a little drowsy come morning than have a fucking headache. :grumpy:

as for the migraines, i get 1-2 per week. :sigh: i had one today, i'm sure because of the weather front we have, but luckily i took enough medicine to make it go away.

I had a terrible migraine one night when I was in Wellington.

Such poor luck that it was the night the football game I was there to see was on. The worst part is that it was a noise sensitivity migraine, so my head nearly exploded when Wellington scored.

I had a terrible migraine one night when I was in Wellington.

Such poor luck that it was the night the football game I was there to see was on. The worst part is that it was a noise sensitivity migraine, so my head nearly exploded when Wellington scored.
:depressed: that is shitty.

and can i just make a mini-rant...i do not appreciate that i've tried all day to kick this damn thing and i finally felt like 95% better...then i walked in the house and all i could smell was fucking cigarette smoke. i do not understand, i've been to plenty of homes of smokers. no one's is as bad as ours, where you can smell it everywhere, all throughout the house. i'm sensitive enough to smoke as it is, when i've got a migraine i feel like my head's going to explode. i don't care if i miss out on my soulmate (whatever that means) or if my demands are ridiculously high, but i refuse to even date a smoker. any place i live outside of this house will be smoke-free, i won't be able to tolerate this bullshit. i'm sick of it triggering migraines and making ME smell like smoke.

Well guys, quiznos movie theater is officially back, and as it turns out, Iron Man is a kick ass fillum.

Now onto try three of hitting up the day the earth stood still with my little brother

and can i just make a mini-rant...i do not appreciate that i've tried all day to kick this damn thing and i finally felt like 95% better...then i walked in the house and all i could smell was fucking cigarette smoke. i do not understand, i've been to plenty of homes of smokers. no one's is as bad as ours, where you can smell it everywhere, all throughout the house. i'm sensitive enough to smoke as it is, when i've got a migraine i feel like my head's going to explode. i don't care if i miss out on my soulmate (whatever that means) or if my demands are ridiculously high, but i refuse to even date a smoker. any place i live outside of this house will be smoke-free, i won't be able to tolerate this bullshit. i'm sick of it triggering migraines and making ME smell like smoke.

Agreed. Cigarette smoke makes migraines so much worse, and it sucks that my mum smokes and doesn't seem to give a shit what it smells like. At least she smokes outside or out a window. But as soon as I have my own house, there will be no smoking on the damn property.

I'd sooner date a nazi than a smoker. Well...

Agreed. Cigarette smoke makes migraines so much worse, and it sucks that my mum smokes and doesn't seem to give a shit what it smells like. At least she smokes outside or out a window. But as soon as I have my own house, there will be no smoking on the damn property.

I'd sooner date a nazi than a smoker. Well...
:hug: i'm glad someone knows how i feel but it sucks that you have to deal with it too. my dad isn't even that considerate, to smoke near a window or something. hell, in the car he barely cracks the window, and then keeps his face straight ahead and such so that the window doesn't even matter if the smoke all heads towards my head. and when i had my apartment, i did the same thing. no smoking. it was easy since i had a little back yard sort of thing (i lived in a sort of townhouse, basically), but when i move out next time? it'll be an apartment apartment. he'll have to get in the elevator, go outside, and smoke. plus i don't allow smoking in my car. i have a feeling he won't come to visit me much, which is okay.

if anyone (i have friends who smoke too) ever complain about that shit, then they can pay my car note or rent. then it'll be their place and they can set the rules.

and i know what you mean about the nazi comment. i absolutely refuse to date a smoker, so really anything else seems like a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom