Salsa appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
How do you like it? :flirt:

Hot? :flirt:

Medium? :flirt:

Mild? :flirt:

I love salsa. It's the greatest thing vegetables are involved with. :cute: I must say that I'm a bit of a wimp...medium is about as hot as I'll go, but I will say that anything incredibly mild (like, for instance, if you put it on a salad and you can barely tell it's there) is dead to me.

:drool: Get appreciating.

There's a great Mexican restaurant here that makes its own salsa. Their mild has lots of fresh tomatoes and cilantro, and their medium is made from chipotle chiles :drool:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I don't eat tomatoes. So no salsa for me.

Allergy?

I despise raw tomatoes with every fiber of my being, but even they are tolerable when affiliated with salsa. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Allergy?

I despise raw tomatoes with every fiber of my being, but even they are tolerable when affiliated with salsa. :drool:
Nah, I just don't like them. The texture of raw tomatoes freaks me out horribly (though nowhere near as bad as shredded coconut :yikes: ), plus I'm not a fan of the flavour in general. I only consume tomatoes in pasta sauce, and then only if it's seasoned really well.

Salsa :drool:

I think I'm a medium girl. I can't do the fire coming out of your ears & eyes kind. Best with fresh hot chips that have not been overcooked & oily :drool:

Lila64 said:
Salsa :drool:

I think I'm a medium girl. I can't do the fire coming out of your ears & eyes kind. Best with fresh hot chips that have not been overcooked & oily :drool:

:happy: We are salsa soulmates!

Oily chips aren't that great in general, but on salsa they're :yuck:

Scoops!

I like my Salsa hot, please. That's something I'll miss about SoCal....the abundance of great Mexcian restaurants.

Great Seinfeld episode dealing with the joy of saying "salsa".

Maybe if Carlos plans a So.Cal. gathering you can come back to visit. Maybe it should be at a Mexican restaurant too. Salsa, margaritas... Ole!

Doozer61 said:
I think Char loves it HOT HOT HOT!!!! :D

Yes, she does...caliente!!!

sombrero.jpg

Lila64 said:
Maybe if Carlos plans a So.Cal. gathering you can come back to visit. Maybe it should be at a Mexican restaurant too. Salsa, margaritas... Ole!

I'm actually gonna be back for a few days next week, on business.

A few years ago our next door neighbours made this salsa and bought it to a bbq we had. I seriously thought I had tasted heaven when I ate it. it was chunky (i love chunky!) and had this FIREY hot taste, then left this limey-sweet aftertaste. OMFG. She gave me the recipe, and made me a few jars of it - i've since tried to make it, and it never has been as good as the original :(

viva salsa! the both kinds ;)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, hot salsa.:drool: The best I've ever tasted is that of my next door neighbor. He is the King of Salsa.:lol: There's an authentic Mexican restaurant opening downtown soon about 10 minutes from my house. I can't wait.:combust:

dazzlingamy said:
A few years ago our next door neighbours made this salsa and bought it to a bbq we had. I seriously thought I had tasted heaven when I ate it.

You can't beat homemade salsa :drool: My momma makes the best I've had. Sadly, I cannot duplicate it.

Salsa is also great health-wise, full of antioxidants and lycopene :sexywink:

I'm a medium guy. I like a little burning sensation, but not the kind that won't go away. Not the "holy crap I need some milk...AH! I'm sweating" kind. ;)

My favorite thing to do is get those mini-round tortilla chips, put a little salsa on one, put another chip on top and have a chips and salsa sandwich!

Scoops? They are the bomb-diggidy!

Back
Top Bottom