Ryan Adams vs. Jack White

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
RYAN ADAMS has elaborated on his war with "Little Girl JACK WHITE", calling him a "fucking ponce" and insisting he turned down the role WHITE took in the forthcoming American civil war pic 'COLD MOUNTAIN'.
The alt.country supremo wanted to know if White had answered his earlier jibes delivered in the NME. Adams says the two fell out when White became precious after hearing Adams had changed some of the lyrics of White Stripes songs he was covering in concert.
"Did Little girl White talk back?", he asked. "What a fucking movie star. I don't have a problem with him - he started it. I know that's what you say in school. But what's he doing on the Internet seeing what's being said saying 'I see you changed my lyrics', Fucking ponce."
Hitting his stride, Adams added: "I mean, shit - I get to shop at 40 or 50 more stores for clothes than that guy does. Think of the limitations. Just buy him a gallon of red paint. I don't fucking get it. Whatever...
"I don't really have a problem with him. Good luck to him in Romania. It's supposed to be freezing. He must be hating it. You know they asked me if I wanted that movie role and I turned it down. Anthony Minghella asked me first.
"I was up for the part first and I turned it down. You know why? Because I didn't see acting anywhere on my job application to be a rock fucking star, you know. It's true. That's fucking fact."
He added: "I turned it down because we were touring anyway. I was wanting to tour and do this acoustic thing. And they said 'Well you can come to Romania and we'll pay you anyway and you can have three or four lines and you get to play a banjo made out of a pumpkin.' I'm like 'fuck you man'. I make that money in two gigs. Put it this way - it didn't seem specifically that much to me. And it's three fucking lines. Three lines in a two-and-a-half hour film. I'd rather get a gun and blow my eyeball out. And you got to go freeze your ass off. You do get to hang out with Nicole Kidman, which isn't bad. But its not like she'd be going - so tell me about your life. She's fucking Nicole Kidman."
Jack White has yet to respond to the jibes. His spokesperson said that if he was to, he may keep it private between him and Adams

Ryan versus Jack, gotta love a good fight in the papers.......I'll take Ryan hes got 3:1 odds

I've read that before, Adams sounds like a huge dick in that article to me. Get over yourself, please, both of you. Neither of you provide anything new or original to the scene, grow up.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
I've read that before, Adams sounds like a huge dick in that article to me. Get over yourself, please, both of you. Neither of you provide anything new or original to the scene, grow up.

Im sorry you feel that way , I find it very humorous and I think they do too...........

:wink:

Elvis Presley said:

Im sorry you feel that way , I find it very humorous and I think they do too...........

:wink:

It's cool, I've liked both of them at one point in time, I still own White Blood Cells.

I just think it's lame that both of them think they're some huge gift to music and think they need to prove that by attacking each other in public.

I dont know, maybe I'm just sick of hearing about Ryan Adams. That's probalby it.

u2popmofo said:

It's cool, I've liked both of them at one point in time, I still own White Blood Cells.

I just think it's lame that both of them think they're some huge gift to music and think they need to prove that by attacking each other in public.

I dont know, maybe I'm just sick of hearing about Ryan Adams. That's probalby it.

Yeah, its pretty immature, but hilarious all the same, some of Adams quotes crack me up though, like the one about the red paint :lol:...........

Imagine if they decided together to start this fued just for a laugh.......

Elvis Presley said:

Imagine if they decided together to start this fued just for a laugh.......

That would be pretty cool actually.

I just find the whole thing odd considering I remember reading Ryan Adams say in about 3 different magazines that White Blood Cells was his favorite new album.

If it is just a huge joke, they got me.

$20 bucks sez it's all a publicity stunt.:yes: Didn't he tour with the Stripes last year?!:huh:

u2popmofo said:
:yes: if they're joking, fine. i still don't like either of them.

From what I've read in the press, Ryan Adams has a real attitude problem. To result to name-calling is really really childish.

Of course, isn't Ryan the one who threw some guy out of a concert after saying something about Bryan Adams?

Ryan has really been taking attitude lessons from his good friend Courteney Love. They both think they're bigger and much more important than they actually are. Everytime I open a music rag, Ryan is name-dropping the celebs he's hung out with, name-calling other people, talking about how important he is and that he's a "rock fucking star." :rolleyes: Big deal, Ryan.

I'll take Jack anyday.

HelloAngel said:
Everytime I open a music rag, Ryan is name-dropping the celebs he's hung out with, name-calling other people, talking about how important he is and that he's a "rock fucking star." :rolleyes: Big deal, Ryan.

I always thought that he was an alt-country star....

That's about as un-rocking as you can get...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

We know you would, girl! :wave:

Well at least he's taking the high road and not calling someone names in public, and overdramatizing what might be a very he said/he said/they said situation. People who bad mouth people and bring private shit public really make me :rant:

Yeah. I love Ryan Adams to pieces, but sometimes I have to wonder. I mean, WTF!?!? What the hell is this even about? And I have to give props to Jack White for showing a little class and not responding publicly.

As for the fight...my money would be on Ryan. They both have pretty similar builds but Ryan is fucking nuts, and I think that'd give him an edge.

HelloAngel said:
Of course, isn't Ryan the one who threw some guy out of a concert after saying something about Bryan Adams?

There's a lot more to the Ryman incident than that. I've discussed it with a few people who were there, and that person did a lot more than just request a Bryan Adams song. Even Tegan and Sara (his opening act) posted an entry at their site about it and said the guy really did deserve to be thrown out.

Also, I think this whole Ryan vs. Jack has been blown WAY out of proportion...magazines have been reporting it for months! Find some new news...:yawn:

In addition, Ryan adores The White Stripes. He made a post on February 28th at his message board entitled "The White Stripes" and said the following:

"THEIR NEW RECORD MAY BE THE BEST ROCKNROLL RECORD EVER MADE. NO SHIT. I AM SO JEALOUS OF THAT GUY. HE IS SO TUNED IN, ITS JUST INCREDIBLE HIS GIFT. MOTHERFUCKER KNOWS ROCKNROLL LIKE SUGAR KNOWS ICE CREAM. GOD BLESS EM,."

i think it's great that jack is taking the high road on this one. all ryan is doing is making himself look like a total ass. going on about how he was picked first for the nicole kidman movie....give me a break. he has absolutely no class. maybe that's why him and courtney get along so great. did you see the last issue of Q mag with her all naked over the cover. with all the money that women has a least she could buy herself some descency and maybe ryan a bar of soap. :eeklaugh:

ryan adams is a dirt bag. ....i'll take jack over him any day. :up:

Personally, I like both artists and don't really care what they say about one another. :shrug:

exactly!

who the crap cares as long as the music is good.

I think calling Ryan a dirt bag is a bit much. True, saying what he did wasn't the classiest thing to do, but I hardly think it qualifies him as a dirt bag.

Also, having been close enough to smell him, I'd venture to say he bathes fairly often. ;)

Yes, Im aware this news in not new, however I read the article and figured it was a good one for the ole bang and clatter........

I think Ryan may be an ass but he is so damn funny in these things, Im sure he would be the kind of guy you would kill for as a friend and feel like killing as an enemy......:up:

Ryan really is a sweet guy. I know that some of you have heard this story, but I'm going to share it again.

Late last year, Ryan noticed a posting made by one of my friends at his message board. She was telling us that she had gotten cancer (she had had it once and beat it, but she got it again). Ryan posted and asked for her home address. He ended up mailing her a bunch of records. The next day, he sent her a dozen roses. She posted a thank you on the message board, and he replied and said he was glad she'd gotten them.

You can't tell me that isn't sweet! :heart: :cute:

Personally, I like both artists and don't really care what they say about one another. :shrug:

I concur as well.

By the way, does anyone find it interesting that under the "related threads" option for this thread, the "White Pants" is the first one that comes up? ;)

Back
Top Bottom