Ryan Adams Played Guitar For Me-PICTURES!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy~

Some pics of Ryan are a lot better than others (though I have yet to find a pic that I personally don't like!) :kiss:

Here are some of my faves...

2RyanGorgeous.jpg

1RyanClassy.jpg

2RyanJeanJacket.jpg

:cute:

Holy Bananas!!!!!!!!

I GOT RYAN ADAMS TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've been sold out for weeks, and I went online this morning and 2 upper mezzanine tickets came available for his show in LA at The Wiltern Wednesday night.

God has looked down upon me!!!!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :happy:

Re: please dont kill me for saying this guy is SO not cute.. I dont get it

Sicy said:
That's really cool that you got pics with him. I have never met anyone even remotely famous. :(

I :heart: pictures.

And April you look fine. *slaps you

I'm with Sicy on this one! :| about the guy not being that good looking... and also about April..... *hides* I see nothing wrong with the pis of you.. I think you looked fine too
!

But I think that's is so darn awesome that you two met him and stuff!!!

Re: Re: please dont kill me for saying this guy is SO not cute.. I dont get it

Mrs. Vedder said:

I'm with Sicy on this one! :| about the guy not being that good looking... and also about April..... *hides* I see nothing wrong with the pis of you.. I think you looked fine too
!

But I think that's is so darn awesome that you two met him and stuff!!!

He has moments where he looks good and moments when he doesn't. lol I like his personality more than anything, oh yea....and the fact that he's a rock star, too. ;)

Thanks also, everyone, for saying I look better than I think I do. :hug:

And kickass, octobergirl, congrats on scoring tix!

haha sorry, i just read this, and it made me laugh.. it also scared me a little. i think it's from some sort of Bryan Adam news thing:

Ryan Adams is not amused
Posted on October 16, 2002 at 23:27 by webmaster.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Singer-songwriter Ryan Adams is not amused by the similarity of his name to Canadian rocker Bryan Adams.

At a Ryan Adams concert at the Ryman Auditorium on Tuesday, someone in the audience yelled out a request for Summer of '69, a Bryan Adams hit. Ryan Adams, former leader of the band Whiskeytown, reacted with stream of expletives and ordered the house lights turned on, the Tennessean newspaper reported. The alternative
country musician found the fan who made the joke request, paid him $30 cash as a refund for the show, ordered him to leave and said he wouldn't play another note until that happened.

Ryman general manager Pam Matthews stopped the fan on his way out, "apologized profusely" and allowed him back into the concert.

The fan kept Adams's $30.

Source: BA-Talk Mailinglist (posted by J.)

can you blame him though? :lol:

Yeah...my dad couldn't believe that article...he said that Ryan needs to learn how to be an entertainer and handle hecklers.

BC'S Dad: You'd never see Bono do something like that.

BC: Hey.......that's what I usually say to you!

BC's Dad: Yeah, well, now I have to talk about Bono because you're too busy loving Bryan Adams now.

BC: RYAN Adams.

BC's Dad: "Summer of 69!!"

:laugh:

I :heart: my dad. :D

That must be so annoying. Kinda reminds me in "office space" when the guys name is Michael Bolton, and people ask him if he likes Michael Bolton just cause he has the same name... That sucks.

NEWS FLASH:

Tomorrow (or I guess today, really...) I will FINALLY haul my lazy ass to the computer lab so I can scan my pics. I'm not sure if the amount of ass they kick is as copious as that kicked by April and Kat's pics, but I think you'll enjoy them nonetheless. :)

:heart: RYAN :heart:

Oh, I almost forgot. If y'all haven't heard Monday Night or The Bar is a Beautiful Place, download them NOW. Ryan played Monday Night in the alley after my show and I immediately loved it. And the Bar is a Beautiful Place is simply one of the most heartwrenchingly beautiful songs I've ever heard. Only for Ryan would a song of that description be ABOUT A BAR. lol. But seriously. It damn near brings me to tears. Good shit. :up:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
NEWS FLASH:

Tomorrow (or I guess today, really...) I will FINALLY haul my lazy ass to the computer lab so I can scan my pics. I'm not sure if the amount of ass they kick is as copious as that kicked by April and Kat's pics, but I think you'll enjoy them nonetheless. :)

NOWNOWNOW.

We wanna seeeeeeee, damnit.

:tongue:

LizardU2 said:
That must be so annoying. Kinda reminds me in "office space" when the guys name is Michael Bolton, and people ask him if he likes Michael Bolton just cause he has the same name... That sucks.

"Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks."

Ginaaaaaaaaa
Pictureeeeeees
Noooooooooow!!!
:hyper: I wanna seeeeeeeeeeee!
*oils vowel keys*

About his looks...he's not handsome in any traditional sort of sense, but he oozes soulfulness, charm and sincerity. I saw him in "Music in High Places" and he was utterly adorable. Just very real. One of those people who seems extremely comfortable in his own skin--a very attractive quality, imo. I used to know his pedal steel guitarist, Bucky Baxter, way back when :silent:...does Bucky tour with Ryan??

Cool pics you guys!

joyfulgirl said:
About his looks...he's not handsome in any traditional sort of sense, but he oozes soulfulness, charm and sincerity. Just very real. One of those people who seems extremely comfortable in his own skin--a very attractive quality, imo.

exactly. EXACTLY.

_____
:hyper: T minus 30 minutes till I scan the pics.

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS

Aaaaand here are the pics!! WOOHOOO!!!

First, me and Ryan. I've mentioned this before, but I'm well aware I look like a freak in the pic. But, yeah, I don't care I'm posting it anyway.
3358552723232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D936%3D5%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E232334675%3C4%3A8ot1lsi

And now a series I like to call "Hot Man Playing Guitar in The Alley Outside the Vic on a Cold Night"

Vertical Ryan:
3358552723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D936%3D5%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E232334675%3C4%3A9ot1lsi

3358552723232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D936%3D5%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E232334675%3C4%3A%3Aot1lsi

And Horizontal Ryan :silent: :sexywink:
3358552723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D936%3D5%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E232334675%3C4%3B2ot1lsi

3358552723232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D936%3D5%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E232334675%3C4%3A%3Bot1lsi

edit: Sorry about the damn fingerprints all over the pics. Apparently someone decided to use the compter lab scanner to scan their hands after dipping them in a vat of grease.

Last edited:
I just replied to your posting of those pics in PLEBAns...it's worth replying to again though!!!!!

Those pics rock!!!! Thanks for sharing them! :kiss: :cute:

yay great pics Gina!!! for the 80th time- congrats! that's the coolest...

Last Night's concert

Last night I went to the Ryan Adams show. It was at the Wiltern Theater in LA, which holds about 2600 people. It was sold out, and the crowd was hilarious.

I really really enjoyed the show, but I have to admit a couple of things bugged me.
1. the show was totally acoustic. I guess I was more prepared for some slow songs but a few rousing numbers as well. The way the show was presented really showcased his talents as a singer and songwriter, however and that was probabaly the aim he was going for.

2. He smoked throughout the show. this bugged me for a couple of reasons. First of all, CA is a non smoking in doors state. It seemed weird that they let him smoke like that. Not that I personally care one way or the other. Second, the smoking thing just seemed contrived. Maybe it wasn't but it seemed that way to me.

3. I hope not to shatter any illusions here but I noticed none of you mentioned his state of mind. I could be wrong, I don't know the guy personally but he seemed totally F****ed up on something.

Regardless of all of the above, I was totally impressed by him, his voice, his stage demeanor - how comfortable he felt up there - everything.

Did he do the Like a Virgin / Brown Sugar thing in Detroit???

I was disappointed that he didn't do Wildflower. I loved that he did the Sylvia Plath song, and also La Cienega just smiled, and a couple of songs from Demolition.

When the Stars go Blue was amazing. I loved the arrangement!

I cried when he played "Sylvia Plath"...I had never heard it before...he gave such a beautiful performance...I absolutely adored it.

The next day, I got the CD and listened to that song over and over and over again....in fact...I'm listening to it right now. :heart:

Re: Last Night's concert

oktobergirl said:
3. I hope not to shatter any illusions here but I noticed none of you mentioned his state of mind. I could be wrong, I don't know the guy personally but he seemed totally F****ed up on something.

Well, the guy is pretty much an alcoholic...so that could explain that.

:lmao:

Sorry, April...'tis still my fave Ryan song... :angel: :D

You should be feeling sorry for my dad...cuz guess what we have to listen to everytime we go somewhere.....:D

BC's Dad: Kate? Um...could we listen to some U2?? Or could you like talk about Bono or something???

:laugh:

Did anybody see Ryan's pic in Vanity Fair??

If you didn't...I scanned it...and enlarged it for our viewing pleasure! :D

RyanVanity.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom