Rufus Wainwright

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felix_las_vegas

The Fly
Hey

I just wondered if there were any Rufus Wainwright fans here, usually when I mention him to most people I get blank looks followed by "who?".

I'm just wondering 'cause I went to see him at Birmingham Symphony Hall the other night and he was amazing!

"Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" has been on repeat for me a lot lately...love that song.

I had heard a few of his songs and didn't pay much attention until I saw him on the Frank Skinner show and fell in love with the tune he played. I took the name of it down and said I would check out some of his stuff. I still haven't. I really should, I've been hearing a lot about him recently.

I absolutely love Rufus. I've been a fan of his for a couple years, and finally got to see him last October. Solo, no backing band -- just him and a piano, and occasionally he played acoustic guitar. It was marvelous. :drool: His voice is amazing, and it really, really highlighted it. I am dying to see him again.

I was addicted to Rufus Wainwright for a bit.
what an amazing singer...
the first song I heard by him was " shadows"

his take on the beatles tune " across the universe" lovely.

hes perfect

:wink:

elevatedmole said:
I absolutely love Rufus. I've been a fan of his for a couple years, and finally got to see him last October. Solo, no backing band -- just him and a piano, and occasionally he played acoustic guitar. It was marvelous. :drool: His voice is amazing, and it really, really highlighted it. I am dying to see him again.

That must have been fantastic! I mean, his band are great... but just Rufus... wow! His voice is amazing.... actually no, he is amazing! :drool:

i love crumb by crumb the most
easily one of the best songwriters around at the minute:drool:

i read an article about him once - something about him being addicted to either speed or crystal meth for so long, and going literally blind for a few days because of his drug abuse....i mean, the dude lost his sight! i cannot fathom how fucked up you must be for that to happen. needless to say, it was a very troubling time. i am not making this up either - i think it was on the guardian.co.uk site a few months back.

not familiar with his music, although he seems to be in the same mold as Ed Harcourt, who is pretty decent.

I've downloaded a few tracks from each album... and WOW... his covers are also phenomenal. I'm beginning to favor his version of "Hallelujah" to Jeff Buckley's. His voice just has so much finesse and soul at the same time. :drool:

Just thought i'd bump up this thread, as i wanted to see how many other people love this extremely talented man as much as i do....

i have had The One You Love on repeat for a few days now....

I wish i could see him live, he sounds amazing in the bootlegs i've got... but he doesn't seem to Want Two (see what i did? hahaha) come to Australia... :(

What are you favourite rufus songs. I looooove Complainte de le butte (even though i wanted to scratch my eyes out after seeing Moulin Rouge. shithouse film) and April Fool.

anyone?! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom