Royksopp announce details of new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:applaud:

Can't wait. Melody A.M is still one of my most played albums, and there seems to be a real deficit of good electronic bands at the moment.

Bunbury said:
Who they? :ohmy:

From allmusic.com:

Nordic duo Röyksopp compensated for the cold climes of their native Tromsø by making some of the warmest, most inviting downbeat electronica of the new millennium, exemplified by early singles like "Eple" and "Poor Leno." The pair, Torbjørn Brundtland and Svein Berge, both grew up in Tromsø and began recording in the early '90s. Local-made-good Geir Jenssen (aka Biosphere) provided tutelage and almost convinced the duo to record for R&S sublabel Apollo. After a few years apart, Brundtland and Berge met back up in Bergen and re-formed Röyksopp in 1998. The group released a few singles on Tellé, then signed up to the big beat label Wall of Sound. The Röyksopp debut was 2001's "Eple" single; both "Eple" and another track ("Poor Leno") earned a slot on over a dozen chill-out compilations that year or the next. The first full-length, Melody A.M., appeared in late 2001.

phanan said:
It's about time!

Agreed! I'm really, really looking forward to this hunk of plastic. I think that Royksopp can possibly do no ill.. I mean have you heard all their wickedawesome remixes??

also peeps who like royksopp.. look into Drum Island's self-titled disc taht came out in i think 98 (if you can find it).. there's some stuff there that royksopp kinda borrowed for melody am. and all around it's a pretty cool record if you like royksopp probly up your alley.

SkeeK said:

I think that Royksopp can possibly do no ill.. I mean have you heard all their wickedawesome remixes??

Their remix of "Clocks" :drool:

etc. :up:

u2popmofo said:

Their remix of "Clocks" :drool:

etc. :up:

they have a new one as a bonus on the new beck cd also.
though the boards of canada beck remix is better.

So this is being released next week (July 12). I'm sure some of you have heard it (seeing as I "received" a copy of the single from a member of this board), what do you think?

All I've heard is the single, 'Only This Moment'. I quite like it :up:

Here's the first review I've seen:
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/r/royksopp/understanding.shtml

The best part is that this album has Röyksopp being a lot more Röyksopp than the last one. If bits of Melody A.M. had them sounding all masterful and immaculate but not entirely league-of-their-own, this one does a lot to correct that. Meaning this is the one that puts them firmly and officially up there in the top tier of the dance-music crossover-album crowd, up with the Daft Punks and, umm, Basement Jaxxes. Really: Good for them.

:up:

Sounds good. Am I the only person hyped about this?!

Last edited:
Heck no, you aren't! It's the only thing I have written down on my calendar for the month of July.

Just got back from the local record shop, and they already had their signs out for tomorrow's new releases. They had two signs for Royksopp--one regular, one limited edition. I just scanned the Pitchfork review and didn't see anything about the two editions. Any info on this? Which one is everyone getting?

Can't wait to pick it up. :up:

a lot of this stuff sounds a bit like my favourite hometown junior boys. this is a very good thing. not as good a thing as a new album from those guys, but good nonetheless.

come to think of it, everyone who likes royksopp, give a listen to junior boys - last exit.

well .. it sounds more like royksopp than the junior boys.. it is pretty different though. much less ambient and floaty.

it's also the dude's voice that does a lot of reminding me of junior boys.

i just got my hands on this, and all i have to say is 'what else is there'.

:heart:

not as otherworldly as melody am, but still very very good.

Yeah, it's got a different sound to it than the first album, but it's still really good. It will probably be a little different than some are expecting, but just a little. I'm really like it so far, cant wait to get more acquainted with it.

Oh yeah, I got the limited edition, the 5 tracks on the second CD seem to all be brand new tracks that just didnt make the album from what I can tell. (havent listened to them yet)

Back
Top Bottom