Roth...or Hagar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
That's right, which Van Halen do you prefer? Seeing as how this once-great band may be all but over, I want to know what you all think of them? Personally, I would have to go with Roth. Sammy Hagar was good, but in a different way. 5150 is one of my favorite albums, but as a whole, the Roth era is more groundbreaking and entertaining...

------------------
N A T E

Does love light up your Christmas tree?
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
and the cartoon network turns into the news...

It's a toss-up for me--both had good tunes with VH...

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

roth
biggrin.gif

------------------
another lonely night ahead for me now buried in the darkening day, that lingers on and drags me down...
ME!

Have you heard something about VH actually breaking up?? I just heard they were leaving their record label or something, but that's pretty major considering how long they were on Warner Bros.

I am not a big VH fan. My brother is, however, so I know more about them than the average person. I kind of prefer Hagar, which puts me in a minority. I really like Love Walks In and Dreams, and those are Hagar songs. Sammy is a bit of a doofus, though. He just comes across as a nerd somehow
biggrin.gif
I kind of understand why so many people prefer Roth. He was the original and he does have tons of character. The trouble is, that character drives me nuts. I have always found him intensely annoying. But though I sort of prefer Hagar, maybe VH was better overall with Roth.

I notice Gary Cherone isn't even mentioned
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 02-05-2002).]

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Have you heard something about VH actually breaking up?? I just heard they were leaving their record label or something, but that's pretty major considering how long they were on Warner Bros.
Actually Warner Bros. dropped them, as they have been idle since 1997, VHIII was a commercial flop, and show no signs of releasing anything soon.

As for the debate...I would go with Roth-era =VH=, not so much cause of the singer, but the music. I do like Hagar-era =VH= as well, and have seen all 3 singers live, and was actually quite impressed with Cherone live, but not so much with that album.

Diamond Dave. But like someone mentioned, they were both great in their own right. I saw Sammy last year at in a small club setting and it was a trip! They are both excellent front-men. Maybe they should just ax Eddie and be done with it!

The latest rumour is that Sammy, Neil Schon (Journey), Slash (GnR), Deen Castronovo (Journey), and possibly Michael Anthony (VH) are set to form a supergroup....*that* would be interesting! You can check out the story at MelodicRock.com

Back
Top Bottom