Roger Waters on tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
RogerWaters_736426_SON_3Z.jpg

According to LiveDaily.com:

Roger Waters to revisit 'Dark Side' on tour

April 24, 2006 01:29 PM
by Rob Evans
liveDaily Editor
Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters, who has long been estranged from the group, will perform the classic Pink Floyd album "Dark Side of the Moon" in its entirely during an upcoming tour of North America.

Waters has lined up an 18-city itinerary that opens Sept. 6 in New Jersey, and concludes with an Oct. 12 appearance in Seattle. The full itinerary is below.

According to a Columbia Records press release, Waters' upcoming shows will include two full sets plus encores, "with state-of-the-art staging, lighting and sound."

The first set will feature an overview of Waters' musical career, including selections from throughout his run as Pink Floyd's primary songwriter and songs from his solo album "Amused to Death."

The second set will feature Waters and a full band performing "Dark Side of the Moon" from start to finish. The album was issued in 1973, and remained on The Billboard 200 album chart for a record-breaking 15 years.

Waters band for the tour features Andy Fairweather-Low (guitar, vocals), Snowy White (guitar), Dave Kilminster (guitar, vocals), Jon Carin (keyboards, vocals), Graham Broad (drums), Harry Waters (Hammond organ), Ian Ritchie (saxophone), and Katie Kissoon, PP Arnold and Carol Kenyon (vocals).

The classic Pink Floyd lineup--Waters, guitarist/vocalist David Gilmour (tickets | music), drummer Nick Mason and keyboardist Richard Wright--performed together at last year's Live 8 benefit concert, marking the first time the group appeared together since 1981.

[Note: The following tour itinerary has been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]

September 2006
6 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
8 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center for the
12, 13 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
15 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
16 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center
18 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
20 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
21 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
23 - Bristow, VA - Nissan Pavilion
24 - Burgettstown, PA - Post Gazette Pavilion
27 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
29 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
30 - Noblesville, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center

October 2006
3 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion
5 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
8 - Las Vegas, NV - Theater Under the Stars at the Hard Rock
10 - Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
12 - Seattle, WA- Key Arena

Last edited:
Posting in a GibsonGirl thread.

Also, if His Waterness comes to Montreal I will be on the floor. No doubt :ohmy: :drool:

you think she'd be interested? :hmm: :wink:
Radio announced it earlier this evening. They just played some 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. The Hollywood Bowl would be great - 20,000 fans, outdoors... :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
Posting in a GibsonGirl thread.

:drool:

Also, if His Waterness comes to Montreal I will be on the floor. No doubt :ohmy: :drool:

Lucky bastard!

But yes, back to the tour. This has been official since last Friday. It's rumoured that he'll be adding more shows to the list. Here are the ticket sale times for the various dates:

06 September 2006 Holmdel, NJ: PNC Friday, May 19th
08 September 2006 Boston / Tweeter Saturday, April 29th
12 September 2006 New York City: MSG Monday, May 15th
13 September 2006 New York City: MSG Monday, May 15th
15 September 2006 Wantagh, NY Jones Beach Friday, May 19th
16 September 2006 South Jersey/Philadelphia: Camden Saturday, May 13th
18 September 2006 Detroit / The Palace Saturday, May 6th
20 September 2006 Toronto / Air Canada Monday, May 1st
21 September 2006 Montreal Bell Centre Monday, May 1st
23 September 2006 Bristow, VA Nissan Saturday, May 20th
24 September 2006 Pittsburgh: Post Gazette Pavilion Monday, May 1st
27 September 2006 Cleveland/Gund Saturday, April 29th
29 September 2006 Chicago: First Midwest Bank Amp. Monday, May 1st
30 September 2006 Indianapolis-Verizon Wireless Monday, May 1st
03 October 2006 Phoenix-Cricket Pavilion Saturday, April 29th
05 October 2006 Los Angeles: Hollywood Bowl Sunday, April 30th
08 October 2006 Las Vegas: Theater Under the Stars TBA
10 October 2006 San Francisco: Shoreline Sunday, May 7th
12 October 2006 Seattle, WA: Key Arena Saturday, May 6th

If you own an American Express card, the presale's currently on.

Last edited:
Oh shiiiit May 1st. I'll be at the BC box office. Dark Side of the Moon live :drool:

I'll have to catch up on my solo R-Wat.

Canadiens1160 said:
Oh shiiiit May 1st. I'll be at the BC box office. Dark Side of the Moon live :drool:

I'll have to catch up on my solo R-Wat.

I'm jealous. :( I won't be able to see him, and I worship him. GOD DAMN IT, I HATE LIVING IN NEWFOUNDLAND. Roger, come here! You don't like big audiences! Mile One has a capacity of 5,000 or so! You'll love it! No fireworks! No screaming so loud that you can't hear yourself sing!

sad-smiley-021.gif
sad-smiley-002.gif

GibsonGirl said:

I'm jealous. :( I won't be able to see him, and I worship him. GOD DAMN IT, I HATE LIVING IN NEWFOUNDLAND. Roger, come here! You don't like big audiences! Mile One has a capacity of 5,000 or so! You'll love it! No fireworks! No screaming so loud that you can't hear yourself sing!

sad-smiley-021.gif
sad-smiley-002.gif

:macdevil:

Oh man, and meeting U2 was so easy too. The artists' entrance to the BC is right under an overpass on a side street. I bet I could see him there too :|

Montreal77abb32.jpg
Montreal77c9149.jpg

Montreal77g7d06.jpg

:grumpy:

I hate you! Well, not really. I'm just cursing the inhumanity of it all. :sad: It should be a law that massive fans of any particular band/artist should get free housing in major concert locations around the world. If I had the money, I'd hop on the next flight off this godforsaken island, but I don't.

Perhaps it's time to plead with the immigration office and see if they'll give me permission to work in Canada. I'm only on a student visa, so my income is zero. I can't even work on campus.

:mad:

If I go ... and you figure out some phone system, you can listen via my cell. Or... we'll get Gorman to have a setlist party for some shows so you can listen in... Gotta be some Waters/PF fans on this site who will go, right? He's playing Montreal, correct? Is that too far for you :reject:

I have an Amex card and can get crappy seats now. I'm waiting for a Gold Card to arrive - should give me a better option for seats (and cost me more money :mad: ). I called Amex trying to find out where my new card is, and she said "it's in the mail". :mad:

rogerwaters-dsotm.jpg

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
If I go ... and you figure out some phone system, you can listen via my cell. Or... we'll get Gorman to have a setlist party for some shows so you can listen in... Gotta be some Waters/PF fans on this site who will go, right? He's playing Montreal, correct? Is that too far for you :reject:

I have an Amex card and can get crappy seats now. I'm waiting for a Gold Card to arrive - should give me a better option for seats (and cost me more money :mad: ). I called Amex trying to find out where my new card is, and she said "it's in the mail". :mad:

That would be pretty awesome, Lila. :hug: And the setlist party idea sounds fun. I think there's a few fans around here. Maybe not so many fans of his solo work, but he doesn't usually play very many of his solo works anyway.

And no, technically Montreal and Toronto aren't far for me...the only problem is that I'd have to rely on my parents for the money to get there. Since they were kind enough to let me go see U2 in Toronto last year, I don't think they'd be willing to fork up more money for concert trip in so short a time period. My father would love to see him though (he's a big Waters fan too) so maybe I'll work on him.

It's a real pain, not being allowed to work. Stupid immigration laws.

Well work on your Dad... maybe ask for an early Christmas present or find some holiday/birthday to use.

I know I've seen Waters before, I just can't recall when it was. Hubby is too into South Park at the moment to recall
grumpyder.gif
. It might have been for '...Hitchhiking'. I do remember him being very good live. I hope it works out that you can make it, or if that doesn't work, at least a phone/internet "webcast"
grumpyrockon.gif

Here's to hoping for some Tejas dates.

Before the Philly, Detroit, and Wantagh dates were released, I was holding out hope for him showing up at ACL. No such luck since he'll be up north then. I really hope I get an oppurtunity to see the man sometime though.

GibsonGirl said:

My father would love to see him though (he's a big Waters fan too) so maybe I'll work on him.

Do it. I pulled off a free ticket to see Robert Plant by going with my old man. The beauty of going to a show with someone who is responsible for you. :wink:

:lol: imp13.

I mentioned the tour to my mother just in casual conversation, not expecting anything out of it, and she's interested in going! She's still pissed off that my father got to see U2 with me while she was stuck at home. At first I thought she was just pulling my leg, but she now appears genuinely interested in the whole idea. Asked me if he was still good live without the rest of Pink Floyd. I assured her he was, and arranged for us to watch the In The Flesh DVD later today. I've got five days to convince her.

:hyper:

Work it, work it :drool:
I wonder if they'll go a GA floor or seated. I'll have to listen to the local rock radio stations to see if the demand for tickets is crazy, but regardless I can be at the Centre Bell in person on Monday.

I just love waiting for tickets :drool: If the Habs make the next round of the playoffs I'm showing up 2 days early like everyone else to get a numbered wristband :drool:

I'm working on it, I'm working on it. :drool:

It'll definitely be seated, no floor GA. Pfft, if I do get to go, it'll have to be Toronto. Montreal would have been awesome, but Ticketbastard doesn't carry tickets for the Bell Centre. I hate the Air Canada Centre. I feel like a traitor in there.

Not if the Habs make the next round, Mike, when the Habs make the next round!

GibsonGirl said:
:lol: imp13.

I mentioned the tour to my mother just in casual conversation, not expecting anything out of it, and she's interested in going! She's still pissed off that my father got to see U2 with me while she was stuck at home. At first I thought she was just pulling my leg, but she now appears genuinely interested in the whole idea. Asked me if he was still good live without the rest of Pink Floyd. I assured her he was, and arranged for us to watch the In The Flesh DVD later today. I've got five days to convince her.

:hyper:

Excellent news
3.gif

Hubby bought 2 crappy tickets - so at least we'll be there, unless better tickets miraculously appear. Or if a single comes up and I can have the single/better seat closer up. Our friends are Gold Card members (Amex pre-sale), but the section offered wasn't good enough for them (they want box seats at the Bowl). Maybe we'll be able to sneak down if they do :hmm: I saw Queen/Rodgers from around this section back in October (mid-back section). I don't care to be this far back, but what's a girl to do. At least I'll be there, right? Hope you make it to the show GG!

"with state-of-the-art staging, lighting and sound."

The show closest to me is an amphitheater. I wonder if they'll have 2 versions of the show - one for arenas and one for amphitheaters.

"The second set will feature Waters and a full band performing "Dark Side of the Moon" from start to finish. The album was issued in 1973, and remained on The Billboard 200 album chart for a record-breaking 15 years."

A brilliant idea, and it helps to have as his material the greatest rock album written. It also helps that ALL Pink Floyd fans love Dark Side of the Moon. I'm not sure U2 could pull off something like that (e.g. with UF or AB) because it seems as if there is no single album that all of their fans love.

GibsonGirl said:

It's a real pain, not being allowed to work. Stupid immigration laws.

Oh! Certain arrangements can be made to get around this!

bandg.jpg

:kiss: :love: :heart:

But, in all seriousness, I'd love to see him live...I bought a couple of his CDs the other day at HMV...good stuff. :up:

He would be great here in Newfoundland....The Newfoundland Waters Tour. Has a nice ring to it.

Guess who's confused?

Toronto Sale Info:
torontosale.gif

Montreal Sale Info:
montrealsale.gif

The Toronto presale happened today - I looked on in jealousy at the password field, knowing that there were people buying tickets at the time. However, the Montreal show tickets were still unavailable. Looking at the pages for each, it looks as though there was NO Montreal presale. Is this just an anomaly, or what? I checked all of the dates listed, and ALL of them featured the presale information, as Toronto does. Every date but Montreal. If there was no Montreal presale, this would mean that all the best seats are still available...

I'm very, very confused. And now I'm very indecisive. :(

Argh! I don't know what to do! Do I try for Toronto tickets, do I try for Montreal tickets, or do I try for both? :hmm: Lord knows I'd prefer to see Roger Waters in Montreal - better crowd atmosphere, usually - and if there was no presale, I'd have a much better chance of actually getting decent seats. Decisions, decisions! Although, knowing Quebec, you probably have to be French Canadian for them to even send out the tickets to you. :lol: Just kidding, just kidding. I'm so nervous! I hate buying with Ticketbastard. After the way they screwed me over with my U2 GAs last time, I've been apprehensive over buying tickets with them ever since.

Monopolies. :drool:

I have seen him already in 2002...................3 hours of incredible wonderful music.........................to all of you who have good music taste, really, GO!!! You can't miss Roger Waters!!!

Back
Top Bottom