Roger Waters on tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definately worth seeing Waters . Saw Floyd many years ago on the Division Bell Tour in 94 and it was truely amazing.

GibsonGirl said:

I think I'll be checking out the Skydome show as well. :up: Although, I might not get such great tickets for it, seeing that it's the last show... Maybe Ottawa instead.

That's true, and it's a Saturday as well so there will be a lot of other out of town people. I should wait to see how the ticket sales go. Although I was able to get a good seat in Chicago the day of the show (after flying in).

ntalwar said:
It looks like ticketmaster is running the premium seat auctions again for this leg.

ARGH, I can't stand that. I don't even have a bloody American Express card, so how on earth is a regular old concert goer supposed to get good seats? I didn't mind having lower bowl seats that were rather far from the stage last time - just being there was good enough for me. But if I go this time, I want to at least be somewhat close.

Ticketmaster can burn in hell.

^ I hear ya about ticketmaster :wink: - I guess it's Roger's decision in the end to do it. For Philadelphia, he's actually using comcastix (not tm) for both shows and he's doing an auction with them as well. I assume Amex gets good tickets, but I think I've heard of cases where people got average ones. I'm interested to see if the auction prices finish lower than last time for cities he visited on the last leg. I would keep an eye on the other cities' auctions as a gauge - Chicago ends in 1-2 days and $150 is the current low bid for certain good sections.

Last edited:
My friends and I are talking about going to the show here in Winnipeg. While I am super excited (especially for the DSOTM performance), I'm still debating whether or not I want to shell out that much money.

All the reviews and clips I've seen have been 100% positive though... :hmm:

I only use my American Express card for ticketmaster purchases.

Front of the line purchases always include a lovely 'convenience charge' in the $10 to $20 range. And that charge is per ticket.

:|

Your Venues - Waters 2007

I've seen a few remarks about poor venues for the Waters concert. We've got our eyes on some tix, but need to figure out where to sit so that we can make the best of the venue here.

Where did you guys sit at the Rogers concert?? Floor seats? Sidestage? "Nosebleed" seats at the top end of your venue??

It would be great if some of you could offer comments on the best seating. Performances and stage set up (speakers, special effects, etc.) differ from concert to concert. We're trying to find out how far back from the stage we should sit, and how high up off the floor we should sit, etc.

We're too old for seats on the floor, but we're not too old to want super seats to this once in a life time concert opportunity.

Any replies would be super. Thanks!!

Re: Your Venues - Waters 2007

mommy_barbie said:
I've seen a few remarks about poor venues for the Waters concert. We've got our eyes on some tix, but need to figure out where to sit so that we can make the best of the venue here.

Where did you guys sit at the Rogers concert?? Floor seats? Sidestage? "Nosebleed" seats at the top end of your venue??

It would be great if some of you could offer comments on the best seating. Performances and stage set up (speakers, special effects, etc.) differ from concert to concert. We're trying to find out how far back from the stage we should sit, and how high up off the floor we should sit, etc.

We're too old for seats on the floor, but we're not too old to want super seats to this once in a life time concert opportunity.

Any replies would be super. Thanks!!

The venues this time seem to be more indoor arenas than amphitheatres, so as long as you don't have an obstructed side seat you should be good. I had 5th row and around 25th row on the prior leg. What city are you going to see him in? You might want to check out the ticketmaster auctions for the best seats.
For non-auction seats, $130 is the highest price. However, for only $20-30 extra, you can snag great seats. The Chicago auction ends in 4 hours, and it looks like $150-160 will get rows 11-20 at the moment. I think that's a good deal, relatively speaking.

Last edited:
150$ is prohibitively expensive for me, unfortunately.
Especially since I'm going to be dropping cash on Arcade Fire tickets this Friday, and Waters tix go on sale Saturday.

Vancouver, June 21st! :drool:

I'm pretty excited. I just got tickets. My dad got me into Pink Floyd when I was kid. Loved this music ever since. I gave my dad a call last week and told him about this tour. He is over 60 now and only just over 5 feet tall, so he really wants nothing to do with being on the floor. I just want to be at this gig with my dad so the no floor bit is not a problem. I pulled some decent lower bowl seats. Should be a great night with just my older brother, my dad, and myself. The guys night out! No wives! :D

I really do like Pink Floyed, just not enough to move from listening to an album at home to spending the extra cash for the live show. It sounds like it's a cool experience though.

I'm going this Friday here in Mty Mexico!! I'm so excited 30,000-60,000 people listening to Dark Side Of The Moon is going to be something....Floor seats are all general admission divided in two sections, are concerts in the US reserved seats?

Montreal tickets for the June 7th show went on sale today. I kind of did a Ticketmaster dry run just to see what I could pull up.

First try I got Row W floor seats, and second try I got 100-levels right near the stage. Then I took a look at my credit card balance and closed the browser :wink:

Still, if they had done a GA floor I would have sprung for a ticket. :sad:

My husband got us 2 tix for the Hollywood Bowl today during the pre-sale. I didn't even know about it til I saw him searching Ticketmaster. I think it's for American Express cardholders. Another friend got his 6 tix. :up:

Hey guys I went to the concert in Monterrey Mexico, and it was simply incredible without a doubt one of the best concert I ever been to, the sound was amazing and the crowd was really into it, I've never seen a Monterrey crowd this excited and Roger was clearly surprised, here are some pics, I'll post more later

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Cool pics, Mofo. :up: And the show really is out of this world, isn't it? It has everything - great music/performance, great production. The video screen is just amazing.

I can't wait to see Roger again in June. Got floor tickets!

yes it is truly memorable!! I kinda knew what to expect since I've been following the tour but it was just unreal to hear Dark Side Of The Moon, and Leaving Beirut was a huge highlight watching the screen. The pics are all mine, the crowd was very easygoing so you could move around quite a lot that why the pics are in different angles. sorry if they are to big but I got a lot of work and I don't have the time to resize them

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Nice pics, Mofo. Looks like it's warm enough this time of year for Roger to wear a t-shirt.

Wow - some of those visuals look nicer than last time :drool: .

Well done with the floor seats GG. I'll be trying for Philly I think.

Mofo said:
yes it is truly memorable!! I kinda knew what to expect since I've been following the tour but it was just unreal to hear Dark Side Of The Moon, and Leaving Beirut was a huge highlight watching the screen. The pics are all mine, the crowd was very easygoing so you could move around quite a lot that why the pics are in different angles. sorry if they are to big but I got a lot of work and I don't have the time to resize them

010.jpg

011.jpg

WOW!! :drool:

Great pics!!!

Yeah, those two in particular are great. New video footage! That must be the update to Any Colour You Like.

I'm so excited! :hyper:

dietcokeofevil said:
I really do like Pink Floyed, just not enough to move from listening to an album at home to spending the extra cash for the live show. It sounds like it's a cool experience though.

Well, you're missing what's probably the best tour of 2006/2007.

Mofo said:
does anyone know if he's recording or already recorded any concert for a dvd release?

pinkfloydz.com says:
"Doubt Over Roger Waters DVD - Although never officially announced, there has been a wide spread expectation that Roger would produce a DVD from his current tour. Rumours were rife in 2006 that the Magny Cours (France) concert was to be filmed, and similar rumours were around for Roger's Hollywood Bowl performances. However, we are now hearing that a DVD has not been planned at all. We will follow this up to see if we can get any further info. "

:(

that's to bad, but the tour still has a long way to go so hopefully he will plan something

oh and thanks for the comments!!

Awesome pics. :up: The show's gonna be quite the trip.

Now I'm even more psyched for the show I'm going to in June. My seats aren't very stellar (200 section) for the price I paid ($119.50 CDN before taxes, garbage). I'm super excited just to be going though.

Back
Top Bottom