Roger Waters on tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:
Great shots, LadyLemon. :up: Looking at that first one reminds me of something. I heard Dancing Queen (only one of my LEAST favourite songs of all time) on the radio today in the car, and I thought about Roger. When I hurriedly changed the station, I half expected to land on another ABBA song. :lol:

Yeah, the Abba thing had everybody laughing that night!

zoney! said:
we didn't have the astronaut. :confused:

Unless we missed it early on.

Odd! You probably just missed it. It's supposed to come out at the beginning of Perfect Sense (pt. 1) behind the mixing desk. It's a lot smaller than the pig though. I actually didn't notice it myself until it was floating in front of me. Speaking about inflatables, someone at a PF forum did a photoshop of Roger with an inflatable David Gilmour hovering above the stage. :lol: I've got to try and find it again, it was so funny.

And yes, LadyLemon, the ABBA thing was hilarious! We were all cracking up in our section, too. I just found an audio bootleg from Toronto (one of FOUR bootlegs for the same show, nuts!) that has the audience reaction to the pre-show video on it. It's a pity that nobody seems to have caught the actual video itself.

Last edited:
zoney! said:
we didn't have the astronaut. :confused:

Unless we missed it early on.

DC and Chicagoland (both amphitheaters) had the astronaut, but I believe he stayed in the back of the stage.

GibsonGirl said:

Speaking about inflatables, someone at a PF forum did a photoshop of Roger with an inflatable David Gilmour hovering above the stage. :lol: I've got to try and find it again, it was so funny.

That - I have to see.

so you ... thought you... might like to... go to a show...

:drool:

Yes, saw the astronaut, and the pig was great, and they did not let him go tonight. But when they raised that lighted triangular prism above the Hollywood Bowl and then it's "Dark Side Of The Moon" :drool: If you happen to find pics online from the Bowl, feel free to post them (or the link).

:happy:

Last edited:
To feeeel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow! How was the performance?

I was actually going to post a video of the prism that I found earlier for one of my friends who went to one of the Bowl shows. We didn't get this in Toronto! It's really cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeThxawO5M0

I love it when the smoke comes out!

sorry for the delayed response, I was watching that video!
Our seats tonight were similar to that in the video, but maybe one section over to the right. The prism looked like it had 3 colors of the rainbow beaming out (red, yellow, blue). That was very cool. Show was great - the surround sound was :drool:

ETA - Leaving Beirut was quite interesting - love that RW is being political. And that Neil Young music was playing prior to the show

ok, off to bed :yawn:

Last edited:
ntalwar said:

DC and Chicagoland (both amphitheaters) had the astronaut, but I believe he stayed in the back of the stage.
:yes: I saw the astronaut at our amphitheatre.

Zoney was getting food and sharing french fries with high 17-year-olds while the astronaut was flying around. :wink:

Lila64 said:
sorry for the delayed response, I was watching that video!
Our seats tonight were similar to that in the video, but maybe one section over to the right. The prism looked like it had 3 colors of the rainbow beaming out (red, yellow, blue). That was very cool. Show was great - the surround sound was :drool:

ETA - Leaving Beirut was quite interesting - love that RW is being political. And that Neil Young music was playing prior to the show

The quadrophonic sound system is amazing. :drool: I really noticed it during On The Run. Speaking of On The Run, I'd love to have the video used on the circular screen (good ol' Mr. Screen!) for that song. Any Colour You Like had great video as well. They both made me dizzy in a good way. And I like Leaving Beirut a lot as well. I think the lyrics are perhaps a little too direct, but it's always fun singing along with the "Ohhhh George!" part. :wink:

Good news for fans in the southern hemisphere - Roger's touring in 2007! Probably in South America, Australia, and a few other countries. According to braindamage.co.uk, he said he'll be doing no less than sixty-two dates. This is awesome. I wonder if he'll do any festivals in the UK during that time? I'm more than likely going to be studying in England in the summer of 2007, so I hope this is the case.

Let's hope he has his new album finished before the third leg of the tour as well! I doubt it, but it would be nice. It certainly has been a long wait. :wink: He has said that the album is either going to be political or something along the lines of the themes in Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking. I'm hoping for the former! Roger has always done political themes very well.

GibsonGirl said:

Good news for fans in the southern hemisphere - Roger's touring in 2007! Probably in South America, Australia, and a few other countries. According to braindamage.co.uk, he said he'll be doing no less than sixty-two dates.

I saw the part about 62 dates, but not the location of the shows.
Was that listed as well?

Lila64 said:
the pig was great, and they did not let him go tonight.

This might explain why - from braindamage:

"There was a report published on Friday that after Thursday’s show, the Los Angeles had warned of taking action if another Pig was set free into the L.A. sky. A case of “Pig” envy maybe… in consequence, the pig was not let go on the following nights, it made its run through the venue and was taken out from the back side.
"

Oops, I should have mentioned that Australia/S. America was more of a rumour than anything. It's up on A Fleeting Glimpse (probably THE most reliable of all PF sites) so it's a rumour you can place at least some faith in:

Roger Waters To Tour Australia & South America in 2007?

File this one in the rumours section, but there is a LOT of noise saying that Roger will be touring further afield next year. Australia is being mentioned (Visa Preferred are taking bookings on their events wait list) and in South America major newspapers in both Argentina & Chile are carrying stories about the tour . We don't want to get expectations up, so please remember, these are only rumours at this stage. Obviously if we hear anything official we will let you know.

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/

Roger has definitely told fans and interviewers that he's touring in 2007 though, so I've little doubt in my mind that he'll head down south. It would make no sense to just tour Europe and North America again (not that I'd mind :wink: .)

GibsonGirl said:
Oops, I should have mentioned that Australia/S. America was more of a rumour than anything. It's up on A Fleeting Glimpse (probably THE most reliable of all PF sites) so it's a rumour you can place at least some faith in:

Roger has definitely told fans and interviewers that he's touring in 2007 though, so I've little doubt in my mind that he'll head down south. It would make no sense to just tour Europe and North America again (not that I'd mind :wink: .)

Can't access that site right now, but 62+ additional rumored dates is mindboggling. So far, he's done roughly 44 shows in Europe and the US/Canada. I can't see him doing more than 10-12 shows each in South America, Australia/NZ, and Asia. That would leave 30+ additional dates, and I can see him going to NA and Europe again in that case. And of course, I will see him again and again :wink:.

I didn't see this earlier, but pretty funny:

Los Angeles Authorities Have Problem With Pig Flying Out of Hollywood Bowl
Friday October 6, 9:43 pm ET

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Last night, during the Roger Waters concert at the Hollywood Bowl, a 30-foot helium-filled pig dirigible -- a prop/character in the show covered with anti-war and other subversive slogans -- was set aloft into skies above Los Angeles.
Which did not sit well with local authorities, who have brought up the possibility of arrests should another gigantic porcine blimp be freed into the heavens at tonight's concert.

"The show must go on," said Roger Waters.

In addition to tonight's concert, Roger Waters is scheduled to play the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday, October 8.

Heh, I saw that article, really funny. :lol:

And official announcements for the 2007 tour are just around the corner! They'll come on the weekend most likely (which sucks for me because I have hardly any access to the net on weekends :mad: .) The owner of A Fleeting Glimpse has CONFIRMED that there will be shows in Australia! He isn't able to post an official announcement about it until Roger's management does their official release.

This is apparently how it'll play out: it'll start out in Australia in late January and go on until early February. He'll go to five different Australian cities (only did two last time!) New Zealand is included as well. From there, it's on to Asia, followed by Europe. After that, South America and then back to North America in June and July with 20 dates!

Pity there's likely not going to be a show in South Africa (Roger went there on the last tour), but I probably wouldn't be able to afford to go home anyway. Tickets are going to go onsale within the next two weeks...

All in all, awesome. :drool: I hope he doesn't exhaust himself! That's a pretty intense tour schedule.

Last edited:
liamcool said:
Awesome, looks like I'll be on TicketBastard for the next few days then.

I thought of you the moment I saw that confirmation. :wink: At least some Brits don't hate Australia. Hope you manage to get good seats!

there's lots of clips from the Hollywood Bowl shows on YouTube. Wonder if that's how we'll spend the evening tonight :lol:

GibsonGirl said:
This is apparently how it'll play out: it'll start out in Australia in late January and go on until early February. He'll go to five different Australian cities (only did two last time!) New Zealand is included as well. From there, it's on to Asia, followed by Europe. After that, South America and then back to North America in June and July with 20 dates!

Pity there's likely not going to be a show in South Africa (Roger went there on the last tour), but I probably wouldn't be able to afford to go home anyway. Tickets are going to go onsale within the next two weeks...

All in all, awesome. :drool: I hope he doesn't exhaust himself! That's a pretty intense tour schedule.

Thanks for the heads up.

The latest unofficial dates:
THURSDAY JANUARY 25 SYDNEY ACER ARENA
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 1 MELBOURNE ROD LAVER ARENA
MONDAY FEBRUARY 5 BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 7 ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 9 PERTH MEMBERS EQUITY STADIUM
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY OCTOBER 27

I think he'll be fine. He seems to play for several weeks and then take several weeks off. 2007 will probably have breaks as well. Plus it helps to travel with family, and his family seems to love traveling. This seems to be turning into a real world tour.

I told my husband that the tour was continuing around the world. He asked if there were more U.S. datesm and I told him July 2007. He was happy! LOL

^Hopefully that will come true and be announced soon.

So far, the latest 2007 dates are:
JANUARY
25 Sydney Acer Arena
26 Sydney Acer Arena * Not Confirmed
29 Auckland NZ North Harbour Stadium

FEBRUARY
1 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
2 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
5 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
7 Adelaide Entertainment Centre
9 Perth Members Equity Stadium
11 Shanghai Grand Stage
15 Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre - Live Nation (On sale Soon)

MARCH
9 Bogota, Colombia – Parque Simon Bolivar - Ticketing TBA
12 Lima, Peru – Espacio Las Americas - Ticketing TBA
14 Santiago, Chile – Estadio Nacional - Ticketing TBA
17 Buenos Aires, Argentina – River Plate - Ticketing TBA
22 or 23 São Paulo Morumbi Stadium - Ticketing TBA
24 Rio de Janeiro Maracanã Stadium - Ticketing TBA

APRIL
16 Germany - Cologne - Arena
18 Germany - Leipzig - Arena
19 Germany - Hamburg – Colour Line Arena Eventim
21 Spain - Barcelona – St. Jordi - Ticketing TBA
23 Italy Datchforum (Milan)
25 Belgium Sportpaleis (Antwerp)
27 Stockholm Globen
29 Norway Bergen - Vestlandshallen

MAY
5 The Netherlands Gelredome
7 Manchester, MEN Arena - Pre Sale NowTicketrush | Livenation
8 Birmingham, NEC - Pre Sale Now Ticketrush | Livenation
11 London, Earls Court - Pre Sale Now Ticketrush | Livenation
12 London, Earls Court
16 Glasgow - TBA

ntalwar said:

MARCH
9 Bogota, Colombia – Parque Simon Bolivar - Ticketing TBA
12 Lima, Peru – Espacio Las Americas - Ticketing TBA
14 Santiago, Chile – Estadio Nacional - Ticketing TBA
17 Buenos Aires, Argentina – River Plate - Ticketing TBA
22 or 23 São Paulo Morumbi Stadium - Ticketing TBA
24 Rio de Janeiro Maracanã Stadium - Ticketing TBA

Great for my friends of Colombia and Peru :up: :hug:

Usually most of artists who Tour South America go to Brasil, Argentina and Chile (like U2, for example), so it's a very nice surprise to see Roger to Tour Colombia and Peru :camera:

I'll see you on 14 March in Santiago :wave:

More dates!!!

North America Tour Dates

Friday, May 18th
West Palm Beach, Florida
Sound Advice Amphitheatre
On-sale: Saturday, March 10th

Saturday, May 19th
Tampa, Florida
Ford Amphitheatre
On-sale: Saturday, March 17th

Tuesday, May 22nd
Atlanta, Georgia
Phillips Arena
On-sale: Saturday, March 3rd

Thursday, May 24th
East Rutherford, NJ
Continental Airlines Arena
Monday, March 19th

Wednesday, May 30th
New York City
Madison Square Garden
On-sale: Monday, March 19th

Friday, June 1st
Philadelphia, PA
Wachovia
On-sale: Saturday, February 17th

Monday, June 4th
Ottawa, Ontario
Scotiabank Place
On-sale: Monday, March 5th

Wednesday, June 6th
Quebec City
Quebec Colisee Arena

Thursday, June 7th
Montreal, Quebec
Bell Centre

Saturday, June 9th
Chicago, IL
United Center
On-sale: Saturday, February 17th

Wednesday, June 13th
Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood Bowl
On-sale: Sunday, March 18th

Friday, June 15th
Irvine, CA
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
On-sale: Sunday, March 18th

Saturday, June 16th
Las Vegas, NV
MGM Grand

Tuesday, June 19th
Oakland, CA
Oracle Arena
On-sale: Sunday, March 4

Thursday, June 21st
Vancouver, BC
GM Place

Saturday, June 23rd
Calgary, Alberta
Saddledome
On-sale: Saturday, February 24th

Sunday, June 24th
Edmonton, Alberta
Rexall Place
On-sale: Saturday, February 24th

Wednesday, June 27th
Winnipeg, Manitoba
MTS Centre

Friday, June 29th
Omaha, NE
The Qwest Center

Saturday, June 30th
St. Paul, MN
Xcel Center

RockChick1964: Monday, July 2nd
Milwaukee-Summerfest
Marcus Amphitheater

Monday, July 9th
Boston, MA
TD Banknorth
On-sale: Friday, March 2nd

Friday, July 13th
Hartford, CT
The Meadows

Saturday, July 14, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Skydome

That Skydome show should be special - it's the largest venue and the last show. I might go to that one plus one other show.

ntalwar said:
That Skydome show should be special - it's the largest venue and the last show. I might go to that one plus one other show.

I think I'll be checking out the Skydome show as well. :up: Although, I might not get such great tickets for it, seeing that it's the last show... Maybe Ottawa instead.

LemonMacPhisto said:
May 19th :hmm:

Happy Early Birthday LMP.

So you think you might get to go to the show? (I may or may not have imagined that sentence in the tune of In The Flesh. :uhoh: )

It depends, I don't go to many shows so if I try and make a big push for it I might be able to.

I get to see The Flaming Lips in April, but their awesomeness is on a lower level compared to Waters'.

When hubby found the dates, he asked where the Waters fan in Canada was from, since I had mentioned you (GibsonGirl) in the past. I couldn't remember which province you were in. Then I found all the rest of the dates, so posted them all, not just the Canadian ones. There's more Europe too I believe listed on his site (or wherever hubby found his info).

That L.A. date at the Hollywood Bowl again... might be close to The Police being in town as well. And I just got an email the my other fave, Elvis Costello will be here in May :)

Back
Top Bottom