Roger Waters on tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
w00tw00t.gif

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

GibsonGirl said:

I'm jealous. :( I won't be able to see him, and I worship him. GOD DAMN IT, I HATE LIVING IN NEWFOUNDLAND. Roger, come here! You don't like big audiences! Mile One has a capacity of 5,000 or so! You'll love it! No fireworks! No screaming so loud that you can't hear yourself sing!

sad-smiley-021.gif
sad-smiley-002.gif

Cmon Newfoundland is not as far as Europe. I would love to see him again.

I strongly recommend you get a cheap flight to one of the locations. You should really go see him. Try make it.

just read on.. so youre going? with your dad?

thats cool. you will both love it.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Cmon Newfoundland is not as far as Europe. I would love to see him again.

I strongly recommend you get a cheap flight to one of the locations. You should really go see him. Try make it.

See above post!

:hyper:

:hyper:

i want him to come back to Europe. whats up roger!!!! come on!

But he is!

2 June Lisbon, Portugal - Rock in Rio Festival
4 June Verona, Italy - Anfiteatro Arena di Verona
5 June Verona, Italy - Anfiteatro Arena di Verona
6 June Sicily - Palermo Stadium
8 June Berlin, Germany - Whulheide
10 June Holland, Arrow Rock Festival (R. Arnhem)
12 June Iceland, Reykjavik – Egilsholl Arena
14 June Oslo, Norway - Norwegian Wood Festival
16 June Rome, Italy - Curva Olympico Stadium
18 June Athens, Greece - Terra Vibe Park
20 June Istanbul, Turkey - Kurucesme Park
22 June Tel Aviv, Hayarkon Park
29 June Cork, Ireland - Marquee Festival
1 July London, UK - Hyde Park Calling Festival
2 July Denmark - Roskilde Festival
12 July Lucca, Italy - Piazza Napoleone
14 July Magny-Cours, France (Centenary of the French Formula 1 Grand Prix)
16 July Locarno, Switzerland - Moon & Stars (Piazza Grande)

how could i miss that

or i must have forgotten it

hmmmmh

he´s not coming to Vienna..

so I got the same problem you had now.

great.

Haha, cheap flights out of Newfoundland = chasing rainbows.

You won't believe how expensive it is to fly inside Canada. A friend of mine just paid almost an identical amount to fly from Edmonton-Toronto as she paid to fly Toronto-Paris.

Gibson Girl, I'd say see you in Sept, but I won't be in Toronto then. :(

anitram said:

Haha, cheap flights out of Newfoundland = chasing rainbows.

You won't believe how expensive it is to fly inside Canada. A friend of mine just paid almost an identical amount to fly from Edmonton-Toronto as she paid to fly Toronto-Paris.

shock. !!!

Thanks Lila! And hiphop, I hope you get a chance to somehow get to a date close to home. He really is great in concert. His In The Flesh DVD is constantly playing in my home.

And yes, internal Canadian flights are ridiculously expensive. :crack: It would cost the same for me to fly to England as it would for me to fly to Toronto. Damn you, Air Canada! The smaller airline companies aren't much better. Maybe I should have gone to see Roger at Hyde Park... :hmm: And short of catching the ferry to New Brunswick, there's no way you can drive out of Newfoundland unless you want to be in a lot of water very quickly.

anitram said:

Gibson Girl, I'd say see you in Sept, but I won't be in Toronto then. :(

:(

Q&A: Roger Waters revisits Pink Floyd's "Dark Side"
Fri May 5, 2006 10:56 PM ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - On March 17, 1973, a band in musical transition named Pink Floyd hit the Top 200 chart with the release of its new album, "Dark Side of the Moon." It entered the chart at No. 95, the top debut that week. And then a funny thing happened: It never left.

Or almost never, anyway.

More than 14 years later -- 736 weeks, to be precise -- in July 1988, it fell off the Billboard 200. Add a later run on that chart and another 759 weeks on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart, and Pink Floyd this week reaches the staggering plane of 1,500 weeks on the charts.

The runner-up for time on the Billboard 200, Bob Marley & the Wailers' "Legend," is several years behind, with a mere 845 weeks under its belt.

Former Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters, who will perform the entire "Dark Side of the Moon" album on his 18-city North American solo tour this fall, talked with Billboard about the album.

Q: Why do you think this record has struck such a chord with so many different generations?

A: Musically, this thing has really stood the test of time. There was something about the symbiosis of the musical talents of the four of us that worked really well. But also, in terms of the lyrical content, philosophically it holds an appeal to each successive generation because it feels like it gives you permission to question things, maybe, which is something that is very appealing to us as we hit puberty and drift beyond it into real life.

Q: Did you feel like you had accomplished your goals in the studio?

A: When the record was finished, I took a reel-to-reel copy home with me, and I remember playing it for my wife then, and her bursting into tears when it was finished. And I thought, "This has obviously struck a chord." I was kinda pleased by that. I thought to myself, "Wow, this is a pretty complete piece of work," and I had every confidence that people would respond to it.

Q: The imagery is a big part of the album's legacy.

A: Storm Thorgerson and Aubrey Powell designed it at Hipgnosis. They came in with like six or seven ideas for album covers and threw them on the floor in the control room, and we all, as one man went, "That one!" There wasn't any conversation. There is just something so cool about it.

Q: Did "Dark Side" mark a turning point for Pink Floyd in the studio?

A: Yeah. Up until "Dark Side," we were a very cohesive team. We were very much a band, we worked very closely together, and we were content to do that. ("Dark Side") marked a watershed in that after that, (recording) became more and more problematic. With "Dark Side" we had sort of achieved what we'd set out to achieve as young men going into the music business. After that we clung together out of fear more than out of hope.

Q: You plan to play the album in its entirety on your upcoming tour. How did that come about?

A: It was a request from Formula I in France. They wanted a big event to go on July 14, the day before the French Grand Prix, at Magny-Course, about 100 kilometers south of Paris. Somebody rather fancifully suggested Pink Floyd playing "Dark Side of the Moon," and somebody else rather fancifully approached various people who said, "Are you f---ing insane? It's not going to happen." So they asked me ... The more I've worked on it, the more the idea has grown on me. I'm going downtown as we speak to work on visuals for "Dark Side of the Moon" and the rest of the show. I've got a great band together, and I have every hope that we will do the work justice.

Reuters/Billboard

Anyone know if his "David Gilmour" will be the same guy(s) as on the In The Flesh DVD?

Last edited:
ntalwar said:
Anyone know if his "David Gilmour" will be the same guy(s) as on the In The Flesh DVD?

No, Doyle Bramhall II is not coming back for this one (thank God.) Snowy White and Jon Carin are still on board though. Doyle has been replaced with Dave Kilminster, who is awesome.

But man oh man, people, check out these pictures! http://www.pinkfloydz.com/roger2006/index2june.htm

Fireworks! Everyone's favourite circular video projector, Mr. Screen! And good god, he's playing Sheep (and singing it well, judging by the partial bootleg of the show I downloaded). Those of us who are going to be seeing Roger are in for an excellent time.

:bump:

I just got The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, what an awesome album :up:

Does he play songs from that album often?

Lila64 said:
:rockon: I'll be at the Bowl. The Hollywood Bowl :rockon:

:cool: :up: would love to see him at the bowl..lucky girl! Love that place! Saw the Who there, and Coldplay..

I am going to see him on Sept 23 in Bristow, VA at the Nissan Pavilion.. Got lawn seats so it should be a great show!:wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
:bump:

I just got The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, what an awesome album :up:

Does he play songs from that album often?

Pros & Cons is great. Probably my favourite Roger Waters solo album, though Amused To Death comes very close. And no, he doesn't play songs from that album anymore. :sad: Roger's voice isn't quite what it used to be...all that screaming on stage between 77-85 didn't do him any favours at all. No man could pull off that kind of singing in his 60s. All the cigarettes and booze haven't done him any favours either.

But the Pros & Cons tour was fabulous. He played the whole album. Unfortunately, I think it's the tour that did his voice in. Here's some links for you from 18 July, 1984:

4:37 AM (Arabs With Knives And West German Skies
http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=28A2341C4762DF95
That extra laughing is brilliant. :lol: And the alarm at the beginning gives the Zooropa beeping a run for its money. That should have been on the album.

5:01 AM (The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking, Part 10)
http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B5E24950528B727F
Better and longer than the album version.

In The Flesh
http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AF7C2B9D7BA79A7C
See what I mean about the screaming? This is better than any live Pink Floyd version.

Thank you :hug:

you pretty much nailed my favorite Pros and Cons songs and 3rd fave Wall song

so extra coolness points for you.

GibsonGirl would you happen to have any live version of "set the controls for the heart of the sun"
either from Pink Floyd or when Roger was touring solo? If you do can you please upload it? :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

No, Doyle Bramhall II is not coming back for this one (thank God.) Snowy White and Jon Carin are still on board though. Doyle has been replaced with Dave Kilminster, who is awesome.

But man oh man, people, check out these pictures! http://www.pinkfloydz.com/roger2006/index2june.htm

Thanks -great pics - looks like we're in for a real treat!

I'll have to try and listen to Dave Kilminster beforehand so I know what to expect.

ETA: I found some youtube links here from this tour :drool: :

http://www.davekilminster.com/News.htm

Youtube seems to have around 15 RW videos from this tour - including Sheep.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom