Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announces 2006 Inductees - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2006, 05:28 PM   #41
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 04:07 AM
Eh... I wrote this big thing decrying the sex pistols, and then realised that I just don't care enough about them to polish it. Sufficed to say, I don't know if they deserve all the credit and recognition they get; I don't think they were ever that good. But whatever. *shrug*

Quote:
"Anarchy in the U.K.," the punk rockers faxed a letter to organisers saying: "We're not your monkey."

"Next to the Sex Pistols, Rock and Roll and that hall of fame is a piss stain," said the letter which was read out by Hall of Fame vice president Jann Wenner.
And what are the sex pistols in this pile of refuse they call the world? The pile of crap? Right. Congratulations on romanticising the anti-trend in the same way that the trend romanticizes the world; both are a deception, both deceive people, neither of them have any more value than the other because both of them are fictions that make people feel good about things they shouldn't feel good about and ignore things they shouldn't ignore. They've just been rewarded for being assholes, not for any redeeming characteristics... that irks me.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:50 AM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:07 AM
Hall Of Fame is lame...........I mean, The Pretenders? Just awful..........not to mention that the Hall ignores pretty much everything underground. Bell and Sebastian's probably the best act from the last ten years, and instead, we'll probably see a Linkin Park induction.........