Robert DeNiro Cancer Scare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Actor Robert De Niro has been diagnosed with prostate cancer but is expected to recover fully, a spokesman said Monday.

Doctors for De Niro, 60, a two-time Academy Award winner, caught the cancer at an early stage during a regular health checkup within the past week, De Niro publicist Stan Rosenfield said.

De Niro is in otherwise excellent physical condition and doctors expect a full recovery, Rosenfield said. The publicist said De Niro did not want to disclose if he would be undergoing surgery or some other treatment.

"He's a private person and doesn't care to have his treatment out for public consumption," Rosenfield said.

De Niro, nominated six times for Academy Awards, won the best-actor Oscar for 1980's "Raging Bull" and the supporting-actor honor for 1974's "The Godfather, Part II."

I love Robert DeNiro, I'm glad he's going to be okay but this is still scary. :hug:Bobby D.:hug:

deniro.jpg

:yikes: good thing he should be ok.

definetly one of the best actors in the past however many years (i can't count, but he's one of if not the best).

He's a private person and doesn't care to have his treatment out for public consumption

:up:

Phew! I am relieved to hear that he's going to be okay! By the title of the thread, I thought things were gonna be a lot worse. He's my favorite actor, and to have him pass away would be a HUGE blow, not only to fans such as mayself, but to the entire film industry. The man's a friggin' legend of cinema (and, from what I hear, a great guy to boot)!

Really glad he's gonna be alright :)

If it has been caught early his chances of recovery are very good. My dad had it, and his recovery went very well, but that was not the same cancer he died of 5 years ago. So things look good for Robert. :up:

News seems to be so depressing lately

At least they say he is expected make a full recovery :up:

Back
Top Bottom