Robbie Williams sells a million tickets in 3 hours...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
Wow - just plain wow. 5 nights at Wembley 100% sold out (with the new larger capacity that is amazing) plus no tickets available for any other European show - could it be said (gasp) Robbie is as big of a concert pull as U2 in Europe? He is putting additional shows on sale next weekend - so he could quite easily play to over 2-3 million. Rumour is there will be another 3 Wembley shows - which would break Michael Jackson's record run of 7 achieved on the 'Bad' tour...

Apparently 'Intensive Care' has now sold (not shipped) over 4 million in 5 weeks - so imagine if he was popular in the USA as well... madness.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=163233554&p=y63z34z6x

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/williams show sells out in record time

Good news is South America, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, India, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China and Malaysia are expected to get shows at the end of 2006.

It seems to just be getting bigger and bigger - in 8 years since his first solo album he has gone from small clubs to week long stands in stadiums - and now over 30 million albums sold - about 400,000 in the US - I dont think many acts can claim this...

But by saying that, um, U2 rock!:dancing:

They guy sold out two stadium dates in Denmark :ohmy: 90.000 tickets. I mean,,,, for fucks sake we are talking about a country thats no bigger than a peanut.. Amazing.

His four concerts in Amsterdam (so one more than U2) also sold out in no time. And it really was madness. I tried to order tickets online, but I couldn't get through...
:crazy:

....and I still have no clue who this guy is.... :ohmy:

(to be fair though, I often have no clue who's popular :shrug: )

my mom wants to see him play live, she's got a robbie williams calender.

i think he is a bigger concert draw than U2, he's got more mass appeal (apart from in America)

I'd love to see robbie williams live. He's meant to be an incredible showman.

I mean, I suppose I have seen him live after a fashion, as I saw Take That live a couple of times. But as a solo act he's often been called the 'best live performer around'

As a person he annoys me somewhat when I see interviews, and I think he was a bit childish and petty in parts on that Take That documentary shown on tv the other day, but there's no disputing that he's a talented chap.

Robbie Williams should be brilliant live.

Too bad some Americans do not appreciate good music.

Here we get Dave Matthews :down:

I still have hopes that he comes and play a couple of concerts.

Haha!

No, its not Robin Williams - a common mistake! :)

I've had the pleasure if seeing Take That (with Rob at Wembley Arena in 94, and without in Australia in 95) as well as both Aussie solo tours (2001 and 2003) and the guy is a genius. Even his crappier songs just go off live. The last tour had explosions, strippers... the whole works. He only performs for about 90-100 minutes though - but serously - he is just awesome.

Yay! I will be heading over for the 3rd Wembley show...

he's a great singer... and at least he's pure entertainment...

the Knebwoth DVD is just too much fun to watch, specially Hot Fudge and the amazing Let Me Entertain You

I had never saw a crowd sing with such heart as the crowd in tht DVD sings Angels... a beauty of a song.

and he's coming to South America?... hell YEAH!!!

so... 2006 look like this for me

The Rolling Stones (in Argentina)
U2 (Chile)
U2 (in Argentina... just maybe)
Oasis (Chile) (that's what I've heard)
Robbie Williams (Chile)

:hyper:

I've got tickets for Brussels, Belgium. It was easier than Amsterdam and I really hate the Amsterdam stadium.

And brussels is the first show from th European tour!!

Unbelievable how big he is now. He takes all publicity while Take That is together again.:wink:

i got wembley tickets :hyper: :reject:

i dont know whether to be proud or ashamed of that :lol:
all my mates are taking the mickey out fo me for going to a robbie concert especially after the effort i went through it was effort - redial for 3 hours solid till i got through and only just got tickets for his last night at wembley!

for those who don't know, this is robbie:

concert3.jpg

let me indulge myself for a second here

robs such a hottie :drool:

calendar5.jpg

front.jpg

smile.jpg

ok, i'm done now :reject:

I'm not a fan of his, but Robbie IS pure entertainement. He oozes CHARM. :wink: I'm not surprised that people want to see him.. In live8, he totally owned the london audience! :yes:

And he ain't bad lookin either. :shh:

For the Take That fans out there (if there are any), there is a press conference tomorrow to announce some "very exciting news".

I'm nearly 21 but I still feel 9 years old where Robbie and co are concerned.

And as for Robbie Williams, he's an amazing performer - a truly great entertainer. Congrats to all the lucky people who managed to get tickets!

Apparently Take That will reform to play a ten date tour of the UK next May - that was kinda leaked on a South African site earlier this week - so I'm sure its something like that.

Basically they've been offered a million pounds each for it - without Robbie - and lets be honest - Gary and Mark have larger bank account balances than Jason and Howard - so money has talked! No word on dates for Europe or Australia.. :(

I will however happily fly to the UK - but they have to PROMISE they'll do 'Pray', 'Never Forget' and 'A Million Love Songs'... :)

Back
Top Bottom