Robbie Williams?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I am just curious to know what everyone thiks of Robbie- I really like him, I have always liked his cheaky chracter, but lately I have really been digging his music too, especially his song on 1 Giant Leap that he does with Maxxie Jazz- such a great song and I really like his lyrics to Betterman, so what does everyone else think??????
smile.gif

I was a fan of Robbie's since he released "Angels" here in Australia. He's a great entertainer and a genuine star, IMO, and I like his music too.

I'm not crazy about his recent Sinatra phase, or his Freddie Mercury phase for that matter. Let's hope he won't decide to become Bono any time soon (cause one is more than enough)!
smile.gif

Last time I was in Europe, he had this video that involved him stripping all of his clothes off (whew, what a nice body), then stripping his skin off and his muscle groups and then his bones. He was throwing them to rabid female fans. I think it was for "Rock DJ". 'Twas a fine video imo.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

He?s a REAL star, he?s got the whole package:
*Young
*Looks
*Attitude
*Brilliant music
*Scandals

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

Like 'im too!

Got his "I've been expecting you" (funny cover booklet, i might add) album. He has a very nice singing voice. Bit irritating when he reaches high notes (aka screaming), but in general, he's good. His looks ain't too bad either.
I read a few of his quotes and yes, he's very funny. (his dad was a comedian, by the way)

Saw his Albert Hall show (the big band thing), and even though Sinatra IS the man to sing that music, i thought he did pretty well with the songs. "My way" brought tears in my eyes. (even though it's Frank's song)
Personally, i think music a la "Angels" or "She's the one" suits him best.

ps: Last i heard, Robbbie is turning to rock musically.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 04-14-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom