RMT LXXI: Feel Like We Could Discuss 1000 Bands in This Thread, You Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is maroon 5 a big deal or something? I get that nickeback is always worth shitting on, but has maroon 5 actually been around much in the last few years? This love and the harder to breathe songs were ages ago, I miss something?

So since August 12th, I've lost 55 lbs. Feel like I could burn a thousand more calories than I take in today, guys!

IWasBored said:
Is maroon 5 a big deal or something? I get that nickeback is always worth shitting on, but has maroon 5 actually been around much in the last few years? This love and the harder to breathe songs were ages ago, I miss something?

Listening to top 40 radio would be my guess. The more I think about it, the more I hate Maroon 5 more than Nickleback. American Horror Story should get an Emmy for what happens to Levine alone.

but has maroon 5 actually been around much in the last few years?

Christ yes. Moves Like Jagger was bloody everywhere, as is this new song about "hey, I don't really like you, but I do like sex with you!!!" The eternal conundrum.

iron yuppie said:
Moves Like Jagger

Oh the fucking annoying song with that whistley thing*. i had to look it up. I didn't know who that was, but yeah even I've heard that. That song makes me want to fire bomb a daycare.

*i don't know what else to call it. Riff would legitimize it too much, and I hate to call an electronic whistle sound a riff...

Here's your special Thanksgiving message from U2.com:

finger.gif

It's unbelievably hilarious.

Especially the usual suspects in gullibility. Seriously, if they announce something by calling it "rare" and "unusual", it's pretty damn likely they're not going to describe new music like that. Not to mention U2's history in such things.

IWasBored said:

I feel like they are bigger than ever right now.

Cactus Annie said:
in pleba the Last Unicorn posted an exciting video of Bono, Ali, Norman and others in South France listening to a band playing Move Like Jagger by Maroon 5.

Do you think that Maroon 5 would have had to ask Mick Jagger if they could record a song about him?

The song had Jagger's blessing.

I'm terrible at posting links on my phone but it's on page 8 of the thread in eykiw, Cobbler.

:up: thanks man. Bono looks about 100 years old in their pic -

2.PNG

And jesus Fitz, you weren't lying. It is so bad that it's not even so-bad-it's-good/funny. That is genuinely one of the worst things I've ever heard. Garbage.

:up: thanks man. Bono looks about 100 years old in their pic -

2.PNG

And jesus Fitz, you weren't lying. It is so bad that it's not even so-bad-it's-good/funny. That is genuinely one of the worst things I've ever heard. Garbage.

Who's Fitz? There was a character in Cracker called Fitz played by the brilliant Robbie Coltrane. See another fantastic television series.

Fantastic :up:

What a terrible picture, they look like they're leaving a funeral

You shut your dirty mouth, that's a glorious photo shoot!

I happily bought a cover of that British GQ when I was in Ireland. Although that sucker was heavy, and I lugged it around in my pack all damned day before I got back to my hotel.

/fangirl who digs rumpled-tuxedos-in-black-and-white photos

In other news, my turkey smells delicious. It is almost time to take it out of the crockpot and let it rest in its delicious, delicious juices before carving and nomming.

In other news, my turkey smells delicious. It is almost time to take it out of the crockpot and let it rest in its delicious, delicious juices before carving and nomming.

O that is good to know. What is it about turkey's today? Someone in another thread said that they had turkey for their din dins too.

Oh my head hurts....

Oh man, Carly Rae Jepsen is playing her new single on the Macy's Parade, and the synths are awesome. Straight out of Rocket by Goldfrapp. But the lyrics. Oh God, so horrendous.

I went out last night
I'm going out tonight again

Yes. I heard that song for the first time last night and actually thought, "Really?" when I heard those lines.

But doesn't it then turn into a thing about how she's attracted to this guy but they're both in relationships or something like that?

Here's your special Thanksgiving message from U2.com:

finger.gif

:lol:

Might give that remix a listen at some point.

Also, Cori, I'll back you up on your thoughts on that photo. Rumpled tuxedo on a man=:drool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom