RMT LXXI: Feel Like We Could Discuss 1000 Bands in This Thread, You Guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are both strange.

Toronto_Leafs-407x319.jpg

Well, now that Michael Mauti is out for the season, I guess I should change my avatar. Maybe to Tim Frazier. What? He's out for the season too? Oh. Well, maybe a Philadelphia athlete. It's basketball season, how about the Sixers! What, their best player is also hurt with no timetable for his return? Shit. I guess hockey then. What, a lockout? Oh. I guess the Eagles. The Eagles are 3-7? Oh. Well.

Did anyone else besides me not really like the Chromatics album?

the tourist said:
Except for writing memorable hooks for every song!

The Real Me, Punk and the Godfather, every song on the second half aside from The Rock.

PhilsFan said:
No need to apologize, that was a fantastic cover.

I never got the joke.

I think it and Boston are the two most perfect classic rock albums of all time.

Just my opinion.

Also, I liked Chromatics, but didn't love it. I've only heard it once, however, and after seeing them live, I've been anxious to hear it again, I just have not had the time.

the tourist said:
Except for writing memorable hooks for every song!

Totally disagree that who's next has this. But I also come with the disclaimer that I don't think nearly as highly of who's next as most people.

Fucking David Caruso.

Won't Get Fooled Again will never be same.

And while we're at it, fuck Fred Durst as well.

the tourist said:
Watch out! IWasBored doesn't like the term "classic rock"! :wink:

You guys have been talking about me while I haven't been online far too much lately.

djerdap said:
Fucking David Caruso.

It's funny how having never watched the Miami one, I don't have the problem, but I did end up hating who are you for quite some time.

Did anyone else besides me not really like the Chromatics album?

I gave it a few listens and couldn't get into it. I did like the instrumental track "Dust To Dust".

I was just thinking, HTDAAB came out 8 years ago today (well the Tues before Thanksgiving). Thats a friggin' long time ago. You'd think we'd have had two more new albums by now.

djerdap said:
Fucking David Caruso.

A lot of those Horatio Caine memes are fucking hilarious though. And I like how immediate Fooled comes in after the end of his line.

But yes, that cover was a fucking travesty. And I bought the single. I later snapped the cover and scratched the CD on some stones in the backyard but that doesn't forgive the fact I bought it. Years later I actually heard The Who's original...

Well thank goodness for small favors. Glad I was in the dark on that one.

Oh I'm not going to seek anything out about this, nor click on any video regarding it that is posted on here. I'm going to remain blissfully ignorant of this except for the fact that it happened.

So I have several concerts to consider.

Definitely going to FJM ($45), Cat Power ($70) and Wilco ($85), but weighing up Childish Gambino ($65) and Neil Young ($105). Was gonna go to George Clinton & P-Funk but it's at a crap venue for $110.

I gave it a few listens and couldn't get into it. I did like the instrumental track "Dust To Dust".

I was just thinking, HTDAAB came out 8 years ago today (well the Tues before Thanksgiving). Thats a friggin' long time ago. You'd think we'd have had two more new albums by now.

It sounds like a long time ago but hasn't it gone by ever so quickly? Everyone was saying this when it came up to 2010 (and even that is nearly 3 years ago :yikes:). Time is going by ever so quickly ever since 2004/2005 and it's not just because I'm getting older. November 2004 - May 2006 was a pretty full on 18 months. It seems as though everything was going on all at once so that they was too much excitement. Even now I'm learning more exciting things that make 2004/2005 better than now :sad:, but then I remind myself that I should stop thinking that way because it's negative. Look at the fun since then, and look to the future. Besides, if I knew of the full extent of the excitement from 2004/2005 I may have spontaneously combusted back then as I was already having too much fun.

I'm having too much fun now

I wonder what's happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom