River Piddle, Dorset Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don't doubt it. I never really found anywhere worthy to post. My entire post count just came from random posts over the last year an a half and that was pretty much it. I joined another board around relatively the same time as I joined here and my post count there is almost 10,000. So there's obviously no issues with being free with the reply button as much as a lack of a place to post! :lol:

Yeah, I seriously wonder where people come up with stuff like that. :laugh:

:lol: See, I guess I was an over-enthusiastic fan in my earliest days, then I settled in on EYKIW/WTAHNN and the Tour forum around the release of HTDAAB and the Vertigo Tour and became known as the Setlist Guy. It wasn't until really late 2007 that my posting took a turn south and by the start of this year, I was drifting away from Interference. Suddenly, though, this place began and five months down the road, I'm the forum's highest poster. :uhoh:

Yesterday is my laziness record.. I got out of bed at 3pm :wink: and I wasn't even hungry.. I ate 4 peanut butter and cheese sandwiches tho... and had dinner at 9pm instead of 6... ah well, I was lazy.. :drool: I so love sleepign!

Oooh, pineapple is made of win. Living in Queensland had one perk in that it grows shitloads of pineapple, so the stuff is cheap and fresh there. I'll agree with you that melons tend to suck, but I loooove peaches. Loathe mangos.

Yeah, you might as well just do chicken yourself. The quality will be faaaar better. And I must say, Subway here is far superior to the rubbish Subway in the US. I accidentally made a scene at one Subway in TN. I've had the same Subway order since I was 10 (well, minor alterations, but the general idea is unchanged). So I tried to order it. Firstly, the chicken fillets were different, and they were a bit confused by what I wanted - this was before I learnt that Americans don't pronounce 'fillet' like, well, 'fillet'. Fill-et. But, you know, I shrugged it off and got the vegetables I like. Then I asked for barbecue sauce. "We don't have it." "WHAT. *stunned pause* OK, tomato sauce? Er, what you call ketchup?" "We don't have it." I just stared at the guy incredulously ... and he went and served somebody else while I looked around with this facial expression of "... the FUCK, people?" I eventually got mustard on it, and learnt in future to bring my own barbecue sauce with me.

Huh, so they do. Learn something new every day.

Hee, no, I enjoy cooking for others; I'd just be worried that it's not that good! Wouldn't want it to be a letdown.
I love pineapple. We usualy have it with our ham and I always hoard them al to myself. :shifty: I'm basically the only one who ever eats them! And they're so good. :drool: (Ha, I wrote "ood" instead of good at first. I must have Doctor Who on the brain.)
And as for mango? Yuck! I prefer pears over peaches, any day.

So they don't have barbecue sauce...I've never noticed since I tend to get turkey or the sweet onio chicken teriyaki. :drool: But seriously, fast food workers in America generally are typically like that. Part of the reason why I don't like fast food. :down: If I'd been there, I'd have probably went off on him. When people play stupid with me like that, I just leave and go somewhere else. The only fast food people who've never given me a problem were the ones who work at the local chinese take out. They are very nice and polite and they will work with you on your order if you don't want something on it unlike people at other fast food places.

:yes: That you do. I love their soup, it was probably some of the first kind I ever had, so I'll have quite the fondness for it for years to come.

I'm sure you're a great cook! I wouldn't mind trying some of the food you've talked about on here. :hyper:

Red Rooster? That sounds like Lee's Famous...
Their little symbol thing is of a rooster. And it's red. They serve chicken. :hmm:

Hm. I was under the impression Red Rooster was an Australian thing, but I don't really know.

:lol: See, I guess I was an over-enthusiastic fan in my earliest days, then I settled in on EYKIW/WTAHNN and the Tour forum around the release of HTDAAB and the Vertigo Tour and became known as the Setlist Guy. It wasn't until really late 2007 that my posting took a turn south and by the start of this year, I was drifting away from Interference. Suddenly, though, this place began and five months down the road, I'm the forum's highest poster. :uhoh:
I hadn't found this place until the Vertigo era was ending because U2 weren't exactly my favourite band for a long time. I have been an on and off fan since I was about 4 years old and I had spells where I wasn't really as into them. However, this time around, I am more into them than I have ever been and it really excites me to be around for a new album release.

Nothing wrong with being the forum's highest poster. I consider it an honour to be your friend. :D

Yesterday is my laziness record.. I got out of bed at 3pm :wink: and I wasn't even hungry.. I ate 4 peanut butter and cheese sandwiches tho... and had dinner at 9pm instead of 6... ah well, I was lazy.. :drool: I so love sleepign!

I dragged myself up at 1:20pm today. Faaar too late. I was not happy with myself. I felt like I'd wasted my day.

My sleeping's so off, too, that lately I've been eating lunch at 2-5pm and dinner at 8-10pm.

Hm. I was under the impression Red Rooster was an Australian thing, but I don't really know.
I always thought Lee's was an American thing and it's not even in all 50 states. In fact, I don't even think it's in half of them. They serve mostly only chicken, though.
leesFamous

Maybe they're distant cousins. :lol:

Roosters :love:

:shifty: no I may not be biased cause it's actually my last name....

:lol: our house is full of roosters!

Ha, awesome.

And I think this makes you the first person whose last name I know but first name I don't!

Roosters :love:

:shifty: no I may not be biased cause it's actually my last name....

:lol: our house is full of roosters!
We had a rooster once that used to get pissed off and peck at you if you didn't have any cashews to give to it. Wouldn't take any peanuts or anything either. Just cashews.

Ha, awesome.

And I think this makes you the first person whose last name I know but first name I don't!

well technically you don't know my last name either, since you don't speak my language :wink:

:lol: never heard of a rooster that loves cashews!

:shifty: ours aren't alive... more statues and paintings and such..

I love pineapple. We usualy have it with our ham and I always hoard them al to myself. :shifty: I'm basically the only one who ever eats them! And they're so good. :drool: (Ha, I wrote "ood" instead of good at first. I must have Doctor Who on the brain.)
And as for mango? Yuck! I prefer pears over peaches, any day.

So they don't have barbecue sauce...I've never noticed since I tend to get turkey or the sweet onio chicken teriyaki. :drool: But seriously, fast food workers in America generally are typically like that. Part of the reason why I don't like fast food. :down: If I'd been there, I'd have probably went off on him. When people play stupid with me like that, I just leave and go somewhere else. The only fast food people who've never given me a problem were the ones who work at the local chinese take out. They are very nice and polite and they will work with you on your order if you don't want something on it unlike people at other fast food places.

:yes: That you do. I love their soup, it was probably some of the first kind I ever had, so I'll have quite the fondness for it for years to come.

I'm sure you're a great cook! I wouldn't mind trying some of the food you've talked about on here. :hyper:

I normally have pineapple on my cereal. But I haven't eaten breakfast lately. Been getting up too late! And so it's people like YOU who cause those fruit salad-in-a-can things to have more pear than peach! :madspit:

I couldn't believe they didn't have barbecue or tomato sauce! What are you meant to have with your sub then? Once I got my food, I went into a big rant and my friends couldn't grasp why I'd want barbecue or tomato sauce on a filled roll. BECAUSE I'M HAVING MEAT. Chicken demands barbecue sauce. Apparently, to them, you should have a salad dressing of some sort. I told this to a Subway worker here and she just laughed and said the vast majority of Australian customers want barbecue or tomato sauce and the salad dressings get used much less. Though I can't believe I'm still telling this story today! :lol: Couldn't believe it when he moved on to serve someone else, but at least it gave me time to realise that, wow, there was no barbecue sauce, so I had to figure out something else. Went with mustard in the end. Which, of course, was pissweak.

Heh, I'd be afraid I'd fuck it up. In fact, the first batch of muffins I made that Ali and TranceEnding were going to try was a total failure and I had to make a new one. Only time I've ever really buggered something up to the point it was inedible! I once also ruined a batch of blueberry muffins and they had a consistency closer to scones than muffins, but they were edible. Bizarre, but edible.

well technically you don't know my last name either, since you don't speak my language :wink:

It's called an English to Dutch dictionary. :wink:

And is the Dutch word for rooster similar to the German one? Because I know that. Or knew it anyway. Rock on, taking German for five years and then forgetting all of it the second I walked out of high school!

I normally have pineapple on my cereal. But I haven't eaten breakfast lately. Been getting up too late! And so it's people like YOU who cause those fruit salad-in-a-can things to have more pear than peach! :madspit:

I couldn't believe they didn't have barbecue or tomato sauce! What are you meant to have with your sub then? Once I got my food, I went into a big rant and my friends couldn't grasp why I'd want barbecue or tomato sauce on a filled roll. BECAUSE I'M HAVING MEAT. Chicken demands barbecue sauce. Apparently, to them, you should have a salad dressing of some sort. I told this to a Subway worker here and she just laughed and said the vast majority of Australian customers want barbecue or tomato sauce and the salad dressings get used much less. Though I can't believe I'm still telling this story today! :lol: Couldn't believe it when he moved on to serve someone else, but at least it gave me time to realise that, wow, there was no barbecue sauce, so I had to figure out something else. Went with mustard in the end. Which, of course, was pissweak.

Heh, I'd be afraid I'd fuck it up. In fact, the first batch of muffins I made that Ali and TranceEnding were going to try was a total failure and I had to make a new one. Only time I've ever really buggered something up to the point it was inedible! I once also ruined a batch of blueberry muffins and they had a consistency closer to scones than muffins, but they were edible. Bizarre, but edible.
Pineapple in your cereal? Strange, I've never tried that. I've had blueberries, strawberries and raspberries but never pineapple. I think I ought to try that. I particularly love cheerios. With fruit, of course. And some yogurt. :love:
Who, us innocent pear-lovers? :cute:

That is kind of odd. I think their meatball one has tomato sauce but I know that you can't just request it on any old thing. Which is weird because their motto is that they make it for you the way you want it, but you can't have it the way you want it. So it's like, what the fuck? :huh: That's why I get turkey when I go there. Some lettuce and tomato, no sauce, mustard or dressing of any sort. I'm sorry but dressings are for salads! I love barbecue sauce a bit more than I should and YES, chicken DOES DEMAND barbecue sauce. :drool:

Aww, I'm sure you'd do fine! I know I can't cook for crap when someone else is expecting me to make them something. Just when I surprise them with whatever I end up making. I ended up burning the last batch of chicken and dumplings to the bottom of the pan. :doh:

I hadn't found this place until the Vertigo era was ending because U2 weren't exactly my favourite band for a long time. I have been an on and off fan since I was about 4 years old and I had spells where I wasn't really as into them. However, this time around, I am more into them than I have ever been and it really excites me to be around for a new album release.

Nothing wrong with being the forum's highest poster. I consider it an honour to be your friend. :D

I was right into U2 from 2002 to 2005. Things went on the wane in 2006 and now I can't say I care for much of what they've done since the Lovetown Tour ended, with the notable exception of Passengers. Still, I'm quietly optimistic that I'll enjoy the album more than the last two, and I cannot wait for the tour. Even if they don't come down here, it gives me something to do on U2gigs!

Heh, thanks. :) See, I was cool with being in th toip ten posters, I have been on-and-off for a few years, but I wasn't entirely comfortable with being #1. It looks so fanladdy. But it's all the Superthread's fault, so I'm cool with it.

:laugh: No, we didn't eat him. He died of old age. :sad:

See, I'm not quite sure what my friends did. All their chooks were still alive when I left New Zealand. But if they waited for them to die of old age, I can't imagine they would have been that good for eating, right?

I was right into U2 from 2002 to 2005. Things went on the wane in 2006 and now I can't say I care for much of what they've done since the Lovetown Tour ended, with the notable exception of Passengers. Still, I'm quietly optimistic that I'll enjoy the album more than the last two, and I cannot wait for the tour. Even if they don't come down here, it gives me something to do on U2gigs!

Heh, thanks. :) See, I was cool with being in th toip ten posters, I have been on-and-off for a few years, but I wasn't entirely comfortable with being #1. It looks so fanladdy. But it's all the Superthread's fault, so I'm cool with it.
I love a lot of the stuff that they've done. I probably sound pretty fangirlish though. :lol: But they do have their stuff that they've done that I can't stand. In fact, I initially hated Rattle & Hum. I like it now, but I couldn't stand it before. ATYCLB is probably my favourite album by them (it's either that, or The Unforgettable Fire) for more personal reasons than anything because that album was released right around the time that I was entering adolescence and all that and as lame as it probably sounds, it helped out a lot when I was having some pretty dark times in life. It's pretty much why Ultraviolet is my favourite song by them, for that type of factor. Though I am awful fond of Elvis Presley and America too. I was however, a bit disappointed with Bomb. I don't mind songs like Miracle Drug or City of Blinding Lights. I prefer Yahweh to be acoustic, the album version doesn't do much for me.

I can see how that'd make you uncomfortable. I don't like being up in the high ranks of posters too much for that reason, pretty much.

OK, if I may say so myself, my custom Joshua Tree fuckin' rocks. I'm listening to it now (yes, I'm just randomly playing U2 :ohmy: ) and really enjoying it.

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Luminous Times
5. Spanish Eyes
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Running To Stand Still
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. One Tree Hill
11. Exit
12. Mothers Of The Disappeared