RIP Richard Whitely...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
This is news from yesterday, but as a fan of the presenter, I thought i'd do a thread recognising him.

The 1st face of Channel 4 in the UK and presenter of the great game, Countdown.
I've never really had a chance to watch it that much recently, but in my old job, I used to always take a late lunch break, to enable me to go to the Staff Room and watch Countdown. I couldnt ever do the Maths games, but the letters I often did well with!

It's very shocking to hear of his death at 61, even if you werent an avid watcher of the show, you knew of it, and you knew of Richard and his snazzy jackets and bad jokes!
It was just 1 of those things that, certainly for me, had been on TV all my life, and you just didnt expect it to ever NOT be.

It will be hard to carry it on now though.

RW:up:

I'm sorry to hear this. :( The first time I ever saw Countdown was actually in the movie About a Boy. Then when I was in Ireland, I watched it whenever I could. It really was a great show, and he was a great host.

miss becky said:
I'm sorry to hear this. :( The first time I ever saw Countdown was actually in the movie About a Boy. Then when I was in Ireland, I watched it whenever I could. It really was a great show, and he was a great host.

Of course, yes I forgot it was shown a little in that film! Along with Zoo Station of course...:up:

apparently they gonna have guest presenters now in his place.The show probably won't last long now i think.
it was countdown that taught me my alphabet and maths.

Richard Whitely RIP:sad:

Back
Top Bottom