RFMRSINE: Randooooooooooooooomers for more road signs in New England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad was cooking some leftover roast beef with the garlic chips I got him. It's yummy. :)

An Elivs impersonator show would have been funny! What channel? Maybe they'll repeat it at some crazy hour.

:yawn: I'm getting sleepy...I might go to bed soon. I'm sooo glad I have tomorrow off!!

:wave: Night!

I got distracted downloading all 4 Boston Elevation shows from Music on the Internet. :drool: When I'm done I'm going, too.

:wave:

i got out of work TWO WHOLE HOURS EARLY!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

it is dead here. deader than dead. dead like it was dead when hardly anyone had moved back in the beginning of the semester.

three day weekend, half the building went home.

i worked later on thursday!

:up:

i never noticed this before, but :hmm: and :hyper: look very much like the same smiley.

because there was no one here. monday is president's day, so it's a three day weekend, and a lot of people went home. everyone else was out at the frats partying.

by 12:45, i didn't even have a page and a half of sign-ins.

sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww...

:lol:

i'm glad i don't have russian or russian lit on mondays. those classes are at smith and amherst, private schools don't have off for president's day.

:evil: screw them.

i was pissed off, though, last semester when i had russian class on veteran's day because amherst didn't have off.

canada is wierd. :wink:

or maybe it's the US that's wierd. :shifty:

or perhaps.....they're both wierd. :hmm:

or neither?

private schools don't have off for any holidays, unless they're affiliated with some religion...a bunch of my friends went to catholic school for elementary school, and they had half days on good friday and other things, they wouldn't have any classes but they'd have to go to church in the morning, and then they'd get to go home. but they wouldn't get state holidays off all the time. it used to piss me off when we'd get snow, their school would cancel before my school would because they didn't have to rely on the state aid, and stay open for exactly 180 days per school year, or whatever it was.

banks are closed on state holidays here. and the post office. but everything else seems to be open.

unfortuantly the buses run on a shortened schedule, and don't run as frequently. :down: because no one has any reason to go out on a holiday :rolleyes:

IWasBored said:
canada is wierd. :wink:

or maybe it's the US that's wierd. :shifty:

or perhaps.....they're both wierd. :hmm:

or neither?

private schools don't have off for any holidays, unless they're affiliated with some religion...a bunch of my friends went to catholic school for elementary school, and they had half days on good friday and other things, they wouldn't have any classes but they'd have to go to church in the morning, and then they'd get to go home. but they wouldn't get state holidays off all the time. it used to piss me off when we'd get snow, their school would cancel before my school would because they didn't have to rely on the state aid, and stay open for exactly 180 days per school year, or whatever it was.
We would always have 7 classes AND the "litergy" compressed into those half-days; the teachers would just be like, "So the point of this 17-minute class is...nothing. Let's talk about stuff instead!"

However my school was always the LAST to cancel; every other school in RI would be closed, the weathermen would speak of instant death by merely backing your car out of the driveway, and we would maybe get a 1-hour delay...in which we'd have 7 classes shortened to 27 minutes and the teachers would think that was plenty of time to cram in a quiz to punish the people that showed up to make them work.

/epicly long post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom