Review The Movie You Viewed Part VIII: Lance's Mom Takes Manhattan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't tend to separate the two in my mind to be honest. But it was like reliving that same conversation again last year regarding Che (only with far less people in on the discussion). But yeah, if you put a gun to my head and made me choose just one between the two halves to take to the mythical desert island I'd have to go with Volume 2, although it would really hurt to lose the House of Blue Leaves chapter and O-Ren's anime flashback.

Like we're all saying, all his films are great and hard to rank, etc....the differences are negligible....so cutting out volume 1 would suck, but as the separated entities that they were, 2 worked so much better for me.

The Natural

Next up in the ongoing list of Movies I Can't Believe I Haven't Seen Before and Am Finally Getting Around To Watching.

It was very good. Shockingly enough, I know I've heard that music ad nauseum over the years. ;)

I love it, too. Get the chills when Hobbs breaks out of his slump after sort of seeing Iris in the stands....hits one of his homers right into the clock....love it.

My favorite baseball movies, no order:

The Natural
Eight Men Out
Bang the Drum Slowly
Field of Dreams

Thank you for the review Lazarus.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. The Basterds
3. Res Dogs
4. Kill Bill
5. Jackie Brown
6. Death Proof

I love it, too. Get the chills when Hobbs breaks out of his slump after sort of seeing Iris in the stands....hits one of his homers right into the clock....love it.

My favorite baseball movies, no order:

The Natural
Eight Men Out
Bang the Drum Slowly
Field of Dreams

My favorite baseball movies:

Damn Yankees
Pride of the Yankees
Bad News Bears
Major League
Bang the Drum Slowly
Bull Durham
Alibi Ike

1. Pulp Fiction
2. The Basterds
3. Res Dogs
4. Kill Bill
5. Jackie Brown
6. Death Proof

Well, I guess just to be precise

1. Pulp Fiction/Inglourious Basterds
2. Kill Bill
3. Jackie Brown
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Death Proof

Kill Bill only over Jackie Brown if counting it as a single film, otherwise I'd probably take JB over either individual KB volume.

Well, I guess just to be precise

1. Pulp Fiction/Inglourious Basterds
2. Kill Bill
3. Jackie Brown
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Death Proof

Kill Bill only over Jackie Brown if counting it as a single film, otherwise I'd probably take JB over either individual KB volume.

I've never viewed both Kill Bill films back-to-back, like I probably should have, but I'd be here now:

Pulp Fiction
Inglourious Basterds
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Death Proof

Basterds
Pulpy
Reservoir Doogles
Kill Bill (I and II together)
Jackie Brown

And we'll go ahead and put Death Proof here since I've never seen it.

Really ought to see Jackie again.

You really should one day. It's a blast. I'm still wondering whatever happened to The Whole Bloody affair.

Actually, never mind. Apparently he's just finishing it.
Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair: New Anime Sequence At Last Completed, And More… | /Film

I'm so buying that on blu-ray.

That's what I'm waiting for.

Basterds
Pulpy
Reservoir Doogles
Kill Bill (I and II together)
Jackie Brown

Yes, you do. Especially for Chris Tucker's cameo.

1. You should check it out. I actually haven't seen the extended cut (not-shortened cut?) yet myself, and I've been meaning to for a while... though I'm not sure how thrilled I'll be about that movie being any longer, lapdance notwithstanding. But it's still an enjoyable flick.

2. Yeah, you ought to.

Is it worth it to get Planet Terror in the process? I like camp as much as the next guy, but the real operative here is just to round out seeing all of QT's films. (Nevermind: just saw Death Proof is available instantly. Sweetness.)

And it's been a number of years since I last saw Jackie Brown. That's about time to give it another whirl. Consider it at the top of the queue.

Imps, if you can grab hold of the entire Grindhouse experience, with both movies and the trailers, I'd say go for it. If you only want to see Death Proof, then grab the extended cut. Planet Terror is pretty campy, but also leaves you feeling kind of hollow afterward. Make of that what you will.

1. You should check it out. I actually haven't seen the extended cut (not-shortened cut?) yet myself, and I've been meaning to for a while... though I'm not sure how thrilled I'll be about that movie being any longer, lapdance notwithstanding. But it's still an enjoyable flick.

2. Yeah, you ought to.

I can't remember what was added on to the extended cut apart from the lap dance sequence and a longer section with the second set of girls at the convenience store where they encounter Mike for the first time.

I don't really like Planet Terror all that much. I'd say just skip it to be honest, unless of course you got the chance to check out a midnight screening of the full Grindhouse experience one of these days.

I remember all of Grindhouse being aired on Showtime a while back. Not sure if that's done on a regular basis.

Imps, if you can grab hold of the entire Grindhouse experience, with both movies and the trailers, I'd say go for it. If you only want to see Death Proof, then grab the extended cut. Planet Terror is pretty campy, but also leaves you feeling kind of hollow afterward. Make of that what you will.

I don't really like Planet Terror all that much. I'd say just skip it to be honest, unless of course you got the chance to check out a midnight screening of the full Grindhouse experience one of these days.

Well, they're all both on Netflix Instant, bundled or single. Having already seen the fake trailers (Thanksgiving FTW), it's probably in my best interest to just see Death Proof. Planet Terror doesn't look all that enticing to me. And I can't repel awesomeness of Kurt Russell's magnitude.

I thought Planet Terror was fucking hilarious, and may even have a higher rewatch value from an entertainment perspective.

Sayid the testicle collector FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom