Review the Movie You Viewed 10 (out of 10=Masterpiece)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw Toy Story 3 last night. Toy Story was one of the first movies I saw in a movie theater, now me and Andy are off to college. AWWWWW

9.5/10

(Has anybody seen "How to Train Your Dragon"? How does it compare to Toy Story 3 in terms of quality and originality)

And when I got home, I watched the documentary "The Pixar Story" on T.V...Brilliant stuff.

8/10

Wish they would have showed you more individual animators.

Toy Story 3.

i don't watch a lot of movies, i won't have an end of year list, but i highly doubt i will see a better movie this year.

i was on the edge of my seat. i laughed and i cried. truly amazing.

I've heard this one is so good. I liked the first two movies, so I'll keep an eye out for this one as well :).

Let's see, what all have I watched within the last week or so...

Wrong Turn

Typical dumb horror movie about young people on the backroads running into crazy psycho hillbillies. Girl in a tight white tank top running around, lots of friends get killed, they escape to a random treehouse (?) in the middle of the forest, all the usual stuff. On the upside, it allowed my friends and I to give running commentary throughout, a la "Mystery Science Theater".

At least the acting was all right, unlike in this movie:

Jack O'Lantern

Wow. Just...wow. I won't go into detail on this one, will simply say avoid it like the plague unless you want a really good laugh at what looks like a cheaply made student horror flick. It's THAT bad.

The Virgin Suicides

Yeah, so this one was...odd. I liked the story idea, and the mystery surrounding it all. And of course there's all sorts of angles you can look at it from and everyone can take away something entirely different and there's themes and symbolism and all that sort of jazz, which is cool. Just a very strange movie, is all. Not entirely sure what to make of it. Hm.

There's other stuff I've seen, too, but we'll go with that for now.

Angela

Alien:

I got scared a few times and wished I wasn't alone.

Ashes of Time Redux:

My least favorite WKW. I've 2046 left to watch, then Blueberry Muffin Town Come Away With Me to watch, and then WKW-fest is done. Not sure if I posted thoughts on In The Mood For Love or not, but, yeah, holy shit, it was incredible. The restraint the two leads show throughout was amazing, to say the least. You went from feeling like you were a remote observer to feeling like an eavesdropper quite often, which I liked. The colors were amazing, etc. Just loved it.

we are in agreement

Ashes, left me unimpressed

and Mood is his all time best. a great movie by any standard. And that score/ soundtrack. :up:

also

Toy Story 3

Bland escape splot, predictable toy jokes, plays up a bunch of lazy stereotypes, cheap sentimentality... yeah it's a Toy Story film.

Toy Story 3.

i don't watch a lot of movies, i won't have an end of year list, but i highly doubt i will see a better movie this year.

i was on the edge of my seat. i laughed and i cried. truly amazing.

I saw Toy Story 3 last night. Toy Story was one of the first movies I saw in a movie theater, now me and Andy are off to college. AWWWWW

9.5/10

also

Re: Recently Seen

Toy Story 3

Bland escape splot, predictable toy jokes, plays up a bunch of lazy stereotypes, cheap sentimentality... yeah it's a Toy Story film.

I don't know what to think anymore!!!!

It's probably the worst Pixar film I've seen (discounting Cars, and not having seen A Bug's Life since I was a young lad). The short beforehand "Night and Day" (was it called?) is possibly the best thing the studio has produced, on the other hand.

I had dinner near a big-ass AMC theater tonight. I took a look at what was playing and I cannot believe that they did not have one fucking movie showing that I have any interest in seeing. Not one. Oh, and they were hunkering down for the arrival of the Twilight psychopaths.

This is a summer of shit, so far as the studio flicks go. I'll be seeing The Last Airbender next week. It's going to be terrible... but I'll still enjoy it more then Toy Story 3, most likely.

It's probably the worst Pixar film I've seen (discounting Cars, and not having seen A Bug's Life since I was a young lad). The short beforehand "Night and Day" (was it called?) is possibly the best thing the studio has produced, on the other hand.

I'm really curious to see Toy Story 3. I guees I haven't seen the first two since I was 10/11, but even then they weren't my fav Pixar films. I always prefered A Bug's Life. On these days I say that Incredibles and Finding Nemo are cool. However Pixar's magnum opus to me is Wall*E, such a brillant film. I don't think Pixar will top that so soon, if ever.
(I haven't seen Ratatouille and Cars. I really want to see the former.)

Surrogates. 6.8 / 10.

It had Rosamund Pike. So I liked that. Aside from that, I did like the concept of seeing what a world would be like where people could inhabit real-life avatars and go about their daily lives. I did not like that Hollywood had to rape aforementioned concept by making it a cheesy action movie. I think once a director says, "I need a big budget because I HAVE to blow up a helicopter, and no, it has no effect on the story, it's just a helicopter blowing the fuck up," he's crossed the Hack line.

When I heard that was being made, I quickly "acquired" the comic mini-series it was based on. A good read. Then the actual movie looked too stupid so I never saw it.

This is a summer of shit, so far as the studio flicks go. I'll be seeing The Last Airbender next week. It's going to be terrible... but I'll still enjoy it more then Toy Story 3, most likely.

sometimes, I just go to a movie for something to do

Movie review: 'The Last Airbender' - latimes.com

Airbender, is starting to look like it can not even meet that low standard.

Whatever, the man went off the deep end sometime in 2006, he was a very talented visual director and worked well with actors, but he seriously needs to work with a co-writer or simply direct other people's screenplays at this point, because he can't get his nutso enthusiasm to coalesce into, you know, useful dialog.

Ebert absolutely eviscerated it:

The Last Airbender :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

Since I hate M. Night Shyamalan, this whole thing is making me squeal with pleasure.

That's really sad. Shyamalan done one of the best horror films of its time; Signs is the best film of its genre - or subgenre if you prefer; even The Village works well as a thriller and I like the film, but then it was downhill. (Haven't seen Unbreakable in years or his pre-Sixth Sense films.) The Happening for what I saw it's... just dumb. Lady In the Water is on my list, but it's really sad that he lost so much of his credibility. When I saw that he was involved with Last Airbender I was completely wtf... hope that he can get back on track.

And think what you want, but I'm rather thrilled to see The Expendables when it comes out. :hyper:

In The Loop

I don't know, probably the funniest film I've seen in years. Really smart, well acted, well written, just fucking perfect satire. Of course, when you take a step back it's also infuriating, but, yeah, I really really loved it. Peter Capaldi, who I don't think I've ever seen in anything else, was especially great.

Capaldi was in the Torchwood mini-series last year, and while he played a bureaucrat in that as well, a completely different one. Guy's fantastic.

Capaldi was in the Torchwood mini-series last year, and while he played a bureaucrat in that as well, a completely different one. Guy's fantastic.

I might just watch it just to see him work again.

I'm kind of stunned at how good this film was, I just am no longer used to a film being so intelligent and funny simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom