Review the Movie You Viewed 10 (out of 10=Masterpiece)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
8.8 / 10. In The Loop. Quite funny - I love listening to pissed off Scots yell nonsense - and this movie ups the ante in that just when you think the pissed off Scot has reached a plateau - it throws in a second pissed off Scot that's even better! Great lines throughout. Scary thing is it's probably closest to what actually happens around government decisions. Took me a while to figure out that that was the chick from My Girl.

Just watched Cemetery Junction and I loved it, great to see a new side from Gervais & Merchant, and this was far superior to and much more earnest than the Invention of Lying, sad that got released here and this fine film goes straight to DVD. But check it out if you have the chance, good drama with a great sense of humor to it as well, and a strong ensemble cast.

CherryBomb - I wanna give this 8ish outta 10 because it was good in a simple way but fuk me, it had potential to be fantastic! but no, they have overhyped the plot of this move because it doesnt really live up to it, but it COULD HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! for fuk sake.

Robert Sheehan is a promising young actor and I wanted to this his character more in this. there could have been more interaction between the 2 guys and the girl, this could have been a faster, crazier Norn Irish version of the movie Bandits but no it wasnt!
dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn

what a shame, I was impressed thou. fuk sake.

so much lost in it, so much, great music with certain scenes thou.

please, give Robert Sheehan a really good role, he is bound to become a more fuking awesome wee actor :up::up::up::up::up:

I skipped though Dear John

it was okay.....nothing special.

LOL

The Last Exorcism

6/10. Had a few good startles, but not as wonderful as Eli Roth is trying to make it out to be. The ending didn't have anything to do with the rest of the movie. Kind of amateur. Wait for netflix/redbox if you really want to see it cause it's not worth an actual movie ticket.

Splendor In the Grass

Wow, that movie wasn't what I had expected at all.

Natalie Wood's character annoyed the snot out of me (what can I say, I couldn't relate to that melodramatic level of teenaged romance angst), but I did like the movie.

Not a surprise.

boy Id love to just
fighting0071.gif

HARD AND FAST!

The American. 3/10

My God. There are not enough words to describe how much I hated this movie. And I LOVE George Clooney. But this was horrific. A heinous masturbatory exercise by Anton Corbijn.

We get it. You know how to shoot film. You get colour contrasts and small, crowded Italian villages lend themselves perfectly for shooting around corners. It all looks gorgeous.

Two hours of my life that I'll never get back.

It was so boring that I thought about washing my hair.

And self-indulgent. I expected that of Anton Corbijn but now my George has let me down.

Kenny and The Voice! gave it fairly positive reviews. Sounds like Melville/Antonioni-lite, which is still probably worth watching.

Control - the movie about Joy Division was pretty good
before that Anton Corbijn did mostly music videos

sounds like this was the wrong project for him.

I have insomnia again, thanks movie.

I fully expect there will be a number of people here who will LOVE this movie and probably think that I'm out to pasture. I just couldn't stand it. The person who saw it with me actually hated it considerably more than I did and laughed out loud at the ending (it really was not meant to be funny).

Control - the movie about Joy Division was pretty good
before that Anton Corbijn did mostly music videos

sounds like this was the wrong project for him.

Yeah, Control was great. Actually turned me into a Joy Division fan. I know a lot of "real" Joy Division fans would roll their eyes at that fact, but, to that I say...I'm younger than you and you can go fuck yourself you pretentious twat.

I'll be seeing this tomorrow (today).

There's no amount of negative reviews that could keep me from this film. Enough people I respect have liked it, including Roger Ebert's very convincing 4-star write-up.

There's no amount of negative reviews that could keep me from this film. Enough people I respect have liked it, including Roger Ebert's very convincing 4-star write-up.

One thing that really bothered me about his review (which I read after I saw the movie) was his waxing poetic about the "Mr. Butterfly" bit which I thought was transparent and really cheesy but he seems to have found it beautiful and subtle.

The American. 3/10

My God. There are not enough words to describe how much I hated this movie. And I LOVE George Clooney. But this was horrific. A heinous masturbatory exercise by Anton Corbijn.

We get it. You know how to shoot film. You get colour contrasts and small, crowded Italian villages lend themselves perfectly for shooting around corners. It all looks gorgeous.

Two hours of my life that I'll never get back.

I saw it last night too. It is beautiful to look at but I thought it was boring, self indulgent, etc. George looked great.

I don't think I hated it quite as much as you did, but it does seem like something film student type people would love :shrug:

I'll have to double feature The American with Machete to combat pretentious self-indulgence with freewheeling self-indulgence, I guess.

I liked Linedrive so I imagine I'll be down with Cockijn no matter how pretentious he gets.

At the very least, we're guaranteed a beautiful film. I can deal with that. I'm really hoping to like the story too though

Back
Top Bottom