Review the Last Movie You Viewed Part VI: Satisfying the A-R crowd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eli is going to eat you.

right-one-in-eli.JPG

I don't remember a crotch shot. Did I miss something? My eyes were glued to that woman for the entire film. Plus, I don't even recall there being any blatant nudity in Bond before.

On another note, I watched The Living Daylights for the first time since it came out, and at the time I really did not like Dalton after Moore. Well consider me fucking impressed. One of the least cheesy and dated Bond films I've seen in a while (aside from the electronic music during some of the action scenes). Dalton is just a badass, and in my opinion the only actor other than Craig who seemed to flesh out the character and be more than a cartoon.

Not the best action, not the best plot, but just a good old-fashioned spy thriller. I'd probably put it near For Your Eyes Only, a bit outside the Top 10.

Damn straight. The Living Daylights is one kickass movie. Good music too for the most part.

A View to a Kill is quite possibly the worst James Bond film of all, and I'm a big Roger Moore fan. But I can see how you'd like Grace Jones.

Lance, I was totally thinking that about the music for TLD. The electronic stuff aside, John Barry did a great job, and I think his absence from Bond is a real loss (TLD was his final Bond score). Dude also did all the Connery films, and like half of the Moores. Five-time Oscar winner, and really classed up the Bond material with his work. You can't do much better than him.

Barry's work is pretty legendary. David Arnold (David, right?) has done a pretty decent job with his scores since then, but it still lacks something from the earlier films.

Also, do you have any additional thoughts about my and YLB's recent discussion on Let The Right On In?

I was thinking more along the lines of the relevance or value of the ending than of vampire genitals.

I went through a James Bond phase as a teenager, and totally loved The Living Daylights. I watched it a LOT. I watched it again a few years ago and still liked it, but was bored silly by Miriam d'Abo (sister of Olivia d'Abo from The Wonder Years).

I had the soundtrack on cassette and totally loved it. I can still hum that song by the Pretenders on it. And still think the theme song is one of the great ones.

I don't know, the Duran Duran song was so good, the aha song didn't really stand out as much. Like the DD theme was the only one aha had heard, and just modeled it after that. The producers should have gone in a different direction after AVTAK, and chosen some soul singer or something before coming back to a Euro pop band.

Wasn't License to Kill's theme done by Gladys Knight?

I really need to re-watch the Dalton Bonds, Majesty, and the Connery ones. Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan's Bond movies, except for Goldeneye, The Spy Who Loved Me, and For Your Eyes Only, can suck it.

Dalton is still my favourite Bond and was ahead of his time in many ways. The Living Daylights was written for Moore so some of the corny moments were unavoidable, but by Licence to Kill Dalton's Bond was a cold, ruthless bastard with the smile of a shark, and yet he could also be suave when the occasion warranted it (just like how Fleming wrote him). I'm still pissed he turned down Goldeneye.

Bond: 'In my business you prepare for the unexpected.'
Sanchez: 'And what business is that?'
Bond: 'I help people with problems.'
Sanchez: 'Problem solver.'
Bond: 'More of a problem eliminator.'

Badass.

Hate from both the Father and Son at the same time is something to strive for, and I think I've done it.

I guess, Im the only one here who has not seen a Bond movie with Timothy Dalton as Bond, because, even just looking at him, he never impressed me.

unfort Im more impressed with Daniel, thou the last fav was Pierce.

But Im talking Die Another Day/The World Is Not Enough Pierce, the early ones his hair style is so fooking dumb.

I reckon I'll go see Let the Right One In this afternoon.

And for the record, Zack and Miri was very funny.

Anyone see Pride & Glory with Edward Norton and Colin Farrell? It was shelved by the studio for like a year, and didn't receive much promotion.

It's playing at the second run theatre here so I think I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

What can be said about Let the Right One In that laz, Lance, and YLB haven't already stated?

Just a beautiful, wonderful film. Probably my favorite of the year.

The Entity

entity.jpg

We watched this on dvd last night. I actually jumped quite a few times and was tense throughout most of the movie. Based on true, documented events except for the implausible over-the-top finale which was not part of the true events. Good acting by Barbara Hershey and Ron Silver.

Not quite as good as Poltergeist, but then that's probably an unfair comparison since Poltergeist is my all-time favorite horror film.

Anyone see Pride & Glory with Edward Norton and Colin Farrell? It was shelved by the studio for like a year, and didn't receive much promotion.

It's playing at the second run theatre here so I think I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

I saw it awhile back. I am a Norton fan. He does good work. Colin Farrel is ok, not great.
It is like a lot of other Police stories, with similar plots. All in all. I enjoyed it. about a 7/10.

I didn't see it

Looked pretty lame.

your usual cop brother vs. brother story

I'm a fan of Farrel and Norton too

but it didn't

seem

to off

er

an

y

thin

g