Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
So yeah, Antz. Check out this voice cast:

Woody Allen
Sharon Stone
Gene Hackman
Sly Stallone
Dan Aykroyd
Anne Bancroft
Danny Glover
Christopher Walken
and Frasier's Dad from Frasier

Damn.

Wanted

I dug it. A lot more violent than I was expecting (I don't know squat about the graphic novel from whence it came), but I was entertained.

To add to the Pixar discussion...

I don't see myself enjoying Wall-E as much as Finding Nemo or Toy Story...but I'm glad to see that it's getting almost universally praised. I'll probably go see it within the next week...stoned.

pixar:

# 1 - Finding Nemo (not even close. easily the best Pixar production. It's in my top 15 or 20 films of this decade probably. a little saddened and surprised that some of you didn't enjoy it as much as I did.)
# 2 - Toy Story
# 3 - Toy Story 2
# 4 - Monsters Inc.
# 5 - Ratatouille
# 6 - A Bug's Life
# 7 - The Incredibles

Never saw Cars.

But, yeah, Pixar rules. And so does Finding Nemo. Just keep swimming!!!

I liked the first Pixar movies - really loved both Toy Story movies, really enjoyed A Bug's Life ... then I kind of lost interest. I saw Monsters Inc on DVD, and that was good, but not as good as the other ones I'd seen.

Saw Finding Nemo months after everyone else and thought it was hugely overrated. I just didn't think it was nearly as good as I had heard (I had the same reaction to Little Miss Sunshine - maybe it was a hype thing).

The Incredibles was a lot of fun, and that's probably the last one I was interested in seeing and knew I'd enjoy. I might go and see Wall*E while on vacation soon, but it just doesn't sound that appealing to me. I had the same thoughts about Ratatouille.

Oh well.

Ratatouille looks too good not to see. It's amazing. Also pretty funny.

i agree.. saw it in the theater when it came out.. I just couldn't get over the way the technology has improved with CGI.. to the point where you thought scenes were real u forgot that it wasn't. The sewer water scenes are an amazing example of how the details are so fine tuned that it was so real. You just have to see it to believe it..IMO

Saw Finding Nemo months after everyone else and thought it was hugely overrated. I just didn't think it was nearly as good as I had heard (I had the same reaction to Little Miss Sunshine - maybe it was a hype thing).

The Incredibles was a lot of fun, and that's probably the last one I was interested in seeing and knew I'd enjoy. I might go and see Wall*E while on vacation soon, but it just doesn't sound that appealing to me. I had the same thoughts about Ratatouille.

Oh well.

Agree with you on Finding Nemo. It looks terrific and is incredibly well-made, but I did not enjoy the humor or the story... so that's that.

Ratatouille was a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be, you'll be surprised Cori. And Peter O'Toole is all kinds of awesome in it.

isn't he the cutest? :wink:

ratatouille-remy-spoon.jpg

yesterday i watched "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" and "Blow"

Two very good movies. I'd recommend you see The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada and then Blow. Tommy Lee Jones is good in Three Burials.. Johnny Depp is awesome in Blow as well.

yesterday i watched "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" and "Blow"

Two very good movies. I'd recommend you see The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada and then Blow. Tommy Lee Jones is good in Three Burials.. Johnny Depp is awesome in Blow as well.

Three Burials is an excellant movie

Tommy Lee Jones directed it.

I might go and see Wall*E while on vacation soon, but it just doesn't sound that appealing to me.

Oh well.

Go see it! :hyper: You'll leave the theatre smiling. Great movie, with a lot of heart...but also a little more serious in certain ways than I expected. I'll leave it at that, so not to spoil it all.

I'll give it 8.5/10.

Be Kind, Rewind

Did anyone see this? I remember reading about it and thinking it was going to be something of a big deal - Michel Gondry, Jack Black ... and it seemed to be here and gone in a week or two.

It was a wonderfully charming little movie. It started off a little rough for me; I was having trouble getting into it, but once it took off, it was really great.

Be Kind, Rewind

Did anyone see this? I remember reading about it and thinking it was going to be something of a big deal - Michel Gondry, Jack Black ... and it seemed to be here and gone in a week or two.

It was a wonderfully charming little movie. It started off a little rough for me; I was having trouble getting into it, but once it took off, it was really great.

I saw it. It was a good little movie, nothing I'd watch again any time soon. Gondry's a brilliant director, but his writing is less than stellar.

I thought Be Kind, Rewind was kind of a mess.

Terrible script with no direction. Never felt like it knew what to do with a concept that would only really work well as a short feature.

Going back to Pixar movies; I really enjoy them.

But my favorite movie would be Monsters Inc. I guess, because Boo reminds me of my little girl so much. She was that age when the movie came out and she would totally do things that matched the character. :)

And that ending when Mike W. gives Sully that piece of wood to complete the door that will take him to see Boo again......"Kitty!".....priceless.

Seriously, the only other thing of note that happened was the fawn from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe stuck a gun through the bullet hole in some guys head and kept firing. That's it.

Stay tuned for the brutal dramatization of Dalton's relationship with Lance's Mom, The Lyin' Bitch and Her Wardrobe.

Wanted

I dug it. A lot more violent than I was expecting (I don't know squat about the graphic novel from whence it came), but I was entertained.

Same here. :up: It was a lot of fun. I'm easily amused. Plus, Angelina isn't that bad to look at! :wink:

I definitely want to see Wall-E at some point as well.

My Blueberry Nights

...again. Even better on second viewing. Still recommended... the DVD is out today for anyone interested or looking for a rental this week. :up:

I'm actually holding off on picking up I'm Not There, hopefully for a good Blu-Ray release.

I'm kind of pissed MBN didn't get a Region 1 Blu-ray, when both Europe and Japan did/are. However, Criterion is releasing Chunking Express in its first batch of blu-rays this fall and Kino video is releasing Fallen Angels for its first Blu-ray production. Very cool.

You guys hear about the new Godfather restoration / Blu-Ray release?

Yes.

Not sure if I'm quite ready to double-dip on that yet though, I just bought the DVD collection this past year, and the only one I foresee myself rewatching much is the first.

Yes.

Not sure if I'm quite ready to double-dip on that yet though, I just bought the DVD collection this past year, and the only one I foresee myself rewatching much is the first.

Yeah, I'd probably go back and buy the older set as well. I'd rather just get I and II and forget III, but the bonus features look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom