Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:up: on both counts

I actually walked out of Napoleon Dynamite after 30 minutes so I never knew for sure if the whole thing was awful or not but I had a feeling I saw the whole movie in 30 minutes.

Natalie Portman also takes a lot of hits from people (at least in my circle of friends) and although I found her mildly annoying at first, I've come to really appreciate her. She also graduated from Harvard, I recently learned. I was impressed.

I like Natalie cos she's a MOT.

Laz, I liked Sideways more than Election and About Schmidt, but, certainly enjoyed all three films. I thought Giamatti was amazing in Sideways.

laz, NSW, have either of you seen Citizen Ruth, Payne's debut? It examines and sends up the abortion issue from both sides and Laura Dern is a storm as the glue-sniffing, knocked-up lead character. And NSW, definitely check out Seven / Se7en / 7 / wha7ever, it has atmosphere to die for.

GAF, they're not so much Pulp Fiction haters, more "come on guys it's not that good and hasn't aged well" kind of peeps. Each to his own, but I honestly think even when you strip away the hip dialogue and stylised violence it still oozes cinematic quality.

Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs always jostle for my affections behind Pulp Fiction YLB and deep, but right now I've got to go with Dogs. Maybe after watching some more sedate films Dogs just seemed to have so much more vitality and grab-you-by-the-throat immediacy.

What didn't you like? Neil killing himself or Robin Williams' character being fired.
Or something else :reject:

Oh captain my captain....

No, the end. The last scene. I think it's a terrible way to end it: as if all is well because they saluted him. That could have been done so many ways and I just didn't like how they chose to do it.

laz, NSW, have either of you seen Citizen Ruth, Payne's debut? It examines and sends up the abortion issue from both sides and Laura Dern is a storm as the glue-sniffing, knocked-up lead character. And NSW, definitely check out Seven / Se7en / 7 / wha7ever, it has atmosphere to die for.

GAF, they're not so much Pulp Fiction haters, more "come on guys it's not that good and hasn't aged well" kind of peeps. Each to his own, but I honestly think even when you strip away the hip dialogue and stylised violence it still oozes cinematic quality.

Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs always jostle for my affections behind Pulp Fiction YLB and deep, but right now I've got to go with Dogs. Maybe after watching some more sedate films Dogs just seemed to have so much more vitality and grab-you-by-the-throat immediacy.

I have not seen it but I do want to. I will most definitely watch SEVEN at some point, seeing as how you cannot claim to live Fincher yet not have seen that film.

I have great respect for Jackie Brown but Reservoir Dogs is the more fun watch for me. Am I the only one who really liked the Kill Bill films? I'm not claiming that they are masterpieces, but I cannot pretend to not have enjoyed them.

I have not seen it but I do want to. I will most definitely watch SEVEN at some point, seeing as how you cannot claim to live Fincher yet not have seen that film.

I have great respect for Jackie Brown but Reservoir Dogs is the more fun watch for me. Am I the only one who really liked the Kill Bill films? I'm not claiming that they are masterpieces, but I cannot pretend to not have enjoyed them.
you've never seen seven? wtf. it's great.

and i agree, reservoir dogs is awesome. and i looooooooooove kill bill. volume one is better for all the gore, but both parts are great.

you've never seen seven? wtf. it's great.

and i agree, reservoir dogs is awesome. and i looooooooooove kill bill. volume one is better for all the gore, but both parts are great.

Volume 1 is too excessive for me. It's the movie that Tarantino critics expect the guy to make. Volume 2 not only has the better emotional moments, but the Bill/Bride scenes are my favorite in both movies - The Superman monologue in particular is brilliant.

No, the end. The last scene. I think it's a terrible way to end it: as if all is well because they saluted him. That could have been done so many ways and I just didn't like how they chose to do it.

I agree, and the cheesetastic music doesn't really help.

Everything up to that, including Neal's suicide, was extremely well done though.

I was really surprised by how much I liked both Kill Bill movies, excessive violence and all. I'd like to pick them up on DVD. (I'll get around to it someday - I don't buy many DVDs.)

I know, never seen SEVEN, lame of me.
true, but since it's lame, it's to be expected :D

Volume 1 is too excessive for me. It's the movie that Tarantino critics expect the guy to make. Volume 2 not only has the better emotional moments, but the Bill/Bride scenes are my favorite in both movies - The Superman monologue in particular is brilliant.
oh, and i love it. i love the black and white scene - although i know it wasn't intended to be that way. i just love that it had to be black and white to be approved.

i do agree about the superman monologue being great, though. it's funny though, i only own one volume. guess which one? volume two :giggle: i had volume one, but breakups suck like that. so now he's only got half of the movie too. and i just never got around to buying volume one.

:lol:

I'm waiting to buy Kill Bill when its released as one movie with all of the extras, same with Grindhouse. Jackie Brown'll come when I get the $$$.

Target has the extended versions of Planet Terror and Death Proof on sale for $10 each this week. That's worth it, right? I kind of want both. PT is a hell of a lot of fun.

I just saw a simply bizarre little doco called 'Without The King' - it is about the absolute monarch of Swaziland - a country absolutely devastated by AIDS. Basically the King is a bit clueless. His daughter who is studying in the States is even worse. There is not much more to it - just a kind of portrait thing - but it is quite fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom