Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monkeyskin said:

I haven't seen either of those yet, although I have Whisper of the Heart in a DVD boxset waiting to be viewed. The only non-Miyazaki Ghibli's I've seen are Pom Poko (bizarre) and Grave of the Fireflies (made me cry like a little girl).

I bought a "black market" Ghibli set from eBay way back, before Disney bought the rights and started re-releasing everything. It had about 4 non-Miyazaki, including Grave of the Fireflies, Pom Poko (entertaining but I'm sure a lot of the Japanese cultural and mythological significations were lost on me), Whisper of the Heart. and a smaller dramatic anime called I Can Hear the Sea, which alternated between a man going back to her high school reunion and recollections of his teenage years. There was another one with a very similar story called Only Yesterday, but with a female character.

It also came with a music video Miyazaki made for some Japanese pop group. The song was awful but the video was really cool--made between Porco Rosso and Mononoke, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
I feel like the Hoffman in Boogie Nights.

boogie_nights_scotty.png

lazarus said:
I bought a "black market" Ghibli set from eBay way back, before Disney bought the rights and started re-releasing everything. It had about 4 non-Miyazaki, including Grave of the Fireflies, Pom Poko (entertaining but I'm sure a lot of the Japanese cultural and mythological significations were lost on me), Whisper of the Heart. and a smaller dramatic anime called I Can Hear the Sea, which alternated between a man going back to her high school reunion and recollections of his teenage years. There was another one with a very similar story called Only Yesterday, but with a female character.

It also came with a music video Miyazaki made for some Japanese pop group. The song was awful but the video was really cool--made between Porco Rosso and Mononoke, if I'm not mistaken.

I think we have the exact same one then. Mine's split over 4 discs and has Chinese and English subs.

RedrocksU2 said:

Wow, I was thinking about this movie ramdomly today...weird.

Best cast in a movie ever.

I may have to agree with you.

William H. Macy FTW.

"I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree."

:up:

"How can we teach the children if they can't even fit inside the building? It needs to be at least..............three times bigger than this!"

Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery - 9/10

"Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom