Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS) II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amores perros (with lowercase, Ms. Hispanic of the Year) <<<<<<<<<< Crash

Crash has Ludacris in it. It wins.

Queen Bee said:
I would love to see you defend why you thought Babel was legitimately a good movie. Do enlighten us.

I'll enlighten :hyper:

Essentially, QB, it's about communication...more precisely, a lack thereof. I loved it because I saw it as a two-hour microcosm of the current state of the world. It was disjointed, yes, but in a wondrously profound way! It was like a newspaper come to life, an Anderson Cooper 360 with dialogue beyond the headlines, between 'real' people.

QB, this is a film that connects the heart with the head...a rare gem of a film Interferencers can mine and mine again with repeated viewings that gleam new understandings about life and one's place in it.

PlaTheGreat said:
Children, children...

let's just watch Babel and get along, okay? :hug: :pray: :hug: :pray: :bonodrum: :heart: :love: :pray:

Exactly!

lol sarcasm

Sorry to disappoint, AoD, but I didn't like Babel either. It was a hot mess. I only cared about the Mexican nanny. Especially when she was crying about the lost children in the desert. Everything else was so :yawn:
Yes, even the Japanese girl. I sympathized, but I really didn't care.
Crash did everything better. Just taking out the Persian family storyline alone meant so much more than anything in Babel.
Crash doesn't deserve half the hate it gets. If it had been released a year later it would have been better received.

I posted at the same time. Nearly.

FINE, I'LL MOVE ON.

I watched two new movies today:

Let's Go To Prison
It was okay. The ending was so cut off and whatnot. It almost made me want to watch the unrated version.
5/10, but only because I love Will Arnett

War of the Worlds (original)
This movie makes me really glad to be living in this time period. It was good, as far as old movies go.
6/10

Queen Bee said:
So much for MOVING ON :angry:

We must COMMUNICATE :pray:

All of these movies owe much to Magnolia, IMO.

I'm moving on...Justin Bateman is great :up: Don't know if I'll see The Ex...Zach Braff bugs me sometimes.

I don't watch much tv :wink:

They air Arrested Development here in Canada now every day around dinner. That 'Bateman' guy is hilarious, from what I have seen of him. I also had a crush on his sister when I was eight or something. Great family :up:

Wow. I watched over 8 hours of movies in a row yesterday! Ratings galore!!!:

In order I viewed them:

Annie Hall - 8/10

Always liked Woody Allen, though I've ever only seen one full movie of his and I don't even remember which one it was. This was a delightful film to watch. Diane Keaton was aaaaamazing. Loved it.

The Cider House Rules - 6/10

Nice film, good story. A bit predictable, and not too interesting at times. The weakest part for me was McGuires performance. He's just not a very strong dramatic actor. But my oh my, Ms. Theron is quite gorgeous. :drool:

Taxi Driver - 10/10

Been meaning to see this for a while. Classic Scorsese film. Feels sooooo New York. Amazing all around. So glad I finally saw this. Near perfect.

Platoon - 8/10

Not much of an Oliver Stone fan, so my expectations weren't so high. The film starts off slow, but really picked up momentum. Has quite a killer cast, and not a weak performance. By the end of the film I think my blood pressure was doubled. What an intense film. Tom Beringer practically stole the film though, and my biggest complaint would have to be Sheen's poorly written narration which nearly spoiled the film for me at times.

*refuses to let this thread die*

Once Upon A Time In The West - 10/10

What else can I say about one of the greatest Westerns ever made? It's perfect.

Once Upon A Time In America - 10/10

I've been waiting a long time to see this film, so my expectations were pretty high. I can safely say that not only did it shatter all my expectations for it, but it's definitely my favorite Leone film. It's an epic masterpiece unlike anything I've ever seen. It's clearly Leone's most ambitious, complex, and artfully executed work from his illustrious career.

Almost Famous -

Hadn't seen this for a few months, but every time I watch it I fall in love with it.

This is my all-time favourite movie :heart: great story, great characters, kick-ass soundtrack. :up:

10/10

Edit: Billy Crudup as Russell :drool: :combust:

Last edited:
I am dark and mysterious, and I am PISSED OFF! I could be very dangerous to all of you! And you should know that about me... I am THE ENEMY! :heart:

Now I want to see that... maybe I need to make a trip to Blockbuster. Better yet, send hubby :happy:

Been wanting to see that for a long time. Maybe Ill have to take a trip to the big B tonight as well.

I'll be watching The Last King of Scotland tonight as well. Review to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom