Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

I'm a big Will Ferrell fan, so I was hoping this would match or surpass the genius of Anchorman. The movie has about 34 types of funny going for it, namely subversive, random, in-your-face, and some gags. I loved it, Sacha Baron Cohen's character probably made me laugh the hardest with his ridiculous accent. The best part of the movie is the Baby Jesus prayer at the dinner table. :lol:

It's still a notch or two below Anchorman, but maybe after repeated viewings it might reach it, still, the funniest movie on '06 so far for me :up:

8/10

I'm off to watch V for Vendetta tonight :drool:

Gattaca

There really aren't many movies like this one. Superb acting, directing, dialogue, plot, subcontext, food even tasted better after it. Not a big Uma Thurman or Jude Law fan, but they're great here. Watch this movie sometime in the future, it's well worth the rental / time. The only problem is its rewatchability, and the plot requires thought, so it's a Mood Movie.

8/10

Strangers with Candy

Dude, if you're lucky enough to have this movie come near you, go see it. Absolutely hysterical. Of course the best part was Stephen Colbert (who is gay with the art teacher, Paul Dinello) but really the entire movie was hilarious. If you liked Napolean Dynamite, you'd probably like this (and unlike Dynamite, not everyone will be quoting it all the time!! :happy: )

9.47/10 :up: :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Gattaca

There really aren't many movies like this one. Superb acting, directing, dialogue, plot, subcontext, food even tasted better after it. Not a big Uma Thurman or Jude Law fan, but they're great here. Watch this movie sometime in the future, it's well worth the rental / time. The only problem is its rewatchability, and the plot requires thought, so it's a Mood Movie.

8/10

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

the thin man 5/10

i can only think of three movies based on books or short stories that i've actually enjoyed. i don't care whether it's 1930s hollywood or today, don't change 80% of the plot and characters and still insist on calling the movie by the same name.

AtomicBono said:
Strangers with Candy

9.47/10 :up: :up:

I completely need to see this. Amy Sedaris is a goddess, and the TV show is a scream!

V For Vendetta

7.5/10

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I enjoyed the movie more than I expected.

Inside Man

8/10

LOVED it! I'm not a Denzel Washington fan, but everyone else in this was awesome. I loved Jodie Foster playing against type, and loved all the little twists in the plot.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

I'm a big Will Ferrell fan, so I was hoping this would match or surpass the genius of Anchorman. The movie has about 34 types of funny going for it, namely subversive, random, in-your-face, and some gags. I loved it, Sacha Baron Cohen's character probably made me laugh the hardest with his ridiculous accent. The best part of the movie is the Baby Jesus prayer at the dinner table. :lol:

It's still a notch or two below Anchorman, but maybe after repeated viewings it might reach it, still, the funniest movie on '06 so far for me :up:

8/10

I'm off to watch V for Vendetta tonight :drool:

I just got back from seeing this...funny stuff :drool:

For a while, I thought the Ricky Bobby character might have been modeled after George Bush, that real life comedian.

thesuburbskill said:
Little Miss Sunshine

9/10

I havent laughed and been so moved by a movie in a while. You end up rooting for this family. Loved the ending. Go see it w/ friends, family, whomever- just go see it.

I want to see this. Glad to hear it was good.

Inside Man

8/10.

It was entertaining, and I love Clive Owen but Jodie Foster's character was completely extraneous and unnecessary.

Little Miss Sunshine 9/10

OMGGGGGGGG I want to marry this movie. It was so fucking hilarious! At one point, I was laughing so hard that I spit water into the seat in front of me :happy:

Let's see, we had quirky characters (Steve Carrell, I don't hate you anymore), black humor and an amazing score by Mychael Danna and DeVotchKa. The instrumental version of How It Ends that was played throughout the film was fantaaaaastic. I will probably love this movie even more when I go see it again :up: :up:

I can't wait for the upcoming FOX Searchlight films that were announced during the previews: Hollywoodland, Trust The Man, The Last King of Scotland

got_edge said:
Little Miss Sunshine 9/10

OMGGGGGGGG I want to marry this movie. It was so fucking hilarious! At one point, I was laughing so hard that I spit water into the seat in front of me :happy:

Let's see, we had quirky characters (Steve Carrell, I don't hate you anymore), black humor and an amazing score by Mychael Danna and DeVotchKa. The instrumental version of How It Ends that was played throughout the film was fantaaaaastic. I will probably love this movie even more when I go see it again :up: :up:

Okay, seriously, get out of my head. I almost wrote the same thing. I'm with you on everything except I'd give it a 9.5/10 (oh, but I've always loved Steve Carrell. What was wrong with him before this movie, HMM? :angry: )

I think this movie has knocked V for Vendetta off its #1 spot for my favorite movie of 2006 :heart:

factotum

7.5/10

boukowski light - m Dillon does some of his best work, same for Lilly Taylor and Marisa tomei

little miss sunshine

7/10

it is enjoyable
like sideways , i don't get all the hype

unless one rarely sees art films
and is only comparing it to mainstream big films
that rarely have interesting characters

This Year's Love.

Distinctly average. The acting was great (Kathy Burke especially) and I loved the David Gray cameos but the plot just didn't work. Eventually it just came down to me thinking, "Right, now the Scottish bloke with the long hair has got to s**g the posh bitch because they haven't yet and everyone seems to be sleeping with everyone else in this film" and you could just predict the whole plot this way after the first half hour. And is it really likely that so many people's paths would all interconnect so much over a space of so many years? I've heard of suspending disbelief but this film just stretched it to the limit. Plus the style of filming where it was more like mini episodes than a whole film was interesting to start with but it doesn't really lend itself well to a film of this length IMHO. Still, at least it gave me the chance to go, "Is that REECE SHEARSMITH?! IT IS REECE SHEARSMITH!!!!!!!!"

Chizip said:
John Q

the Q must stand for Qrappy
For a moment, I thought you were talking about Susie Q.
grumpywink2.gif

Brick 5/10

What?! :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom