Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, from the sound of things, it seems to be much more of a "sit on your couch and watch it several times" type of movie. Very character/dialog driven, but I really want to see it in theaters, if only because this summer is looking pretty dry as far as movies go.

Click

8/10

Adam Sandler is growing up! At least a littl e bit. I loved him in Spanglish because he finally tucked "frat boy" away. And he really did in this movie too, save for a few childish scenes.

But that's the entire comedy aspect to it. I'll admit I had to hold back tears near the end. :( Great movie and probably the only Adam Sandler movie (well...besides Big Daddy because that little boy is so gosh darn cute!) I'd ever buy.

Lancemc said:
Well, from the sound of things, it seems to be much more of a "sit on your couch and watch it several times" type of movie. Very character/dialog driven, but I really want to see it in theaters, if only because this summer is looking pretty dry as far as movies go.

Hmm, the one reason I want to see it in theaters is because of the insane animation, and to support the theater.

The only thing I enjoyed about Click was the ending, but I guess that's just because I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler. I really haven't liked any of his movies. Still, I enjoyed the message behind Click. I normally don't like those "and the moral of the story is:" kind of movies, so that's saying something.

"Click" was like a modern day "It's a Wonderful Life"

I wonder what Jimmy Stewart-esque flick the Sandman will do after "Click" and "Mr. Deeds"

GibsonGirl said:
The only thing I enjoyed about Click was the ending, but I guess that's just because I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler. I really haven't liked any of his movies. Still, I enjoyed the message behind Click. I normally don't like those "and the moral of the story is:" kind of movies, so that's saying something.

Adam's adult son was hot. :drool:

Edit: ...he's Dustin Hoffman's son. Should I be worried?

He was in Arrested Development too. :drool:

PlaTheGreat said:

Adam's adult son was hot. :drool:

I forgot about him. :drool:

The only thing I enjoyed about Click was the ending and Adam Sandler's character's adult son.

Queen Bee said:
^ Haha, no. Not that guy. Hoffman's son had like a 30 second cameo on AD in season 2. He played the reader that Maeby got to write a report on The Old Man And The Sea. Blink and you'll miss him.

Ohhh, gotcha :wink:

All of this Hoffman talk makes me wants to watch "The Graduate". :love:

You,Me,and Dupree- 10/10

This has got to be one of the funniest movies ever! Whoever did the casting did a good job. Owen Wilson was just as funny as he ever is. The ending caught me off guard and actually had me crying. Would go and see this movie again in a heartbeat :up:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Definitely the Pirates series' "Empire Strikes Back", I really loved this movie. My only gripes were the length and dialogue. The movie could've been 15-30 minutes shorter and some of the dialogue was very hard to understand with the accents and such. Or maybe it's because I'm unconsciencely a racist? :shrug:

The best movie of the summer until "Snakes on a Plane". :love:

8/10

RedrocksU2 said:
Cars

I had great expectations from this movie...I am a big fan of Pixar.
However...this movie's story line was very predictable, even for a "kids" movie. Don't get me wrong, my kids loved it, but in comparison to all the other excellent movies they have created, this would be bottom of the barrel.

6/10

(The short before the movie was great)

I saw this movie too. The plot of the movie was just like that Michael J. Fox movie "Doc Hollywood"

I saw Click and Pirates of the Carribean.

Click:

The funny parts are when the dog keeps on humping the duck. :lol: I loved the movie. If you're a fan of Adam Sandler, you will love it.

8/10

Pirates:

Too long, but the action and special effects were incredible. The movie was just all action, but I had a hard time following the plot. The ending was a little weird too.

8/10

Pirates of the Carribean

8/10. Good action, lots of laughs, overall a great and entertaining movie. My only gripe was that the woman with the Jamaican-type accent was extremely difficult to understand. Sometimes I completely missed what she was saying. I also agree with the others who've said it could have been shorter. It did seem a little long. I loved the swordfight on the moving wheel! The ending was surprising, and sets up a lot of interesting things for the 3rd movie. :up:

The Devil Wears Prada

8.5/10

Very good movie, though I found myself disagreeing with the main character's choices sometimes. Meryl Streep is brilliant and that dude from Entourage is hot. Also, they play City of Blinding Lights :D very easy movie to like imo

Superman Returns, took the kids today, they enjoyed it, but in my opinion its pretty average, doesn't compare with X-Men3, think marsden might have made a mistake jumping ship for this. Don't know how true it is, but read somewhere, if Superman doesn't reach $200 million stateside there won't be a sequel, after first week in US, the brakes have really slammed on takings, cinema where I went to see it wasn't even quarter full, compared to last week for Pirates2 queues were round the block.

Superman would've normally been a success but because of the mammoth budget (plus the costs of pre-production about a decade ago) and the unprecedented success of Pirates 2, it's going to be left in the dust.

Pity though, I thought it was a good film and great Summer flick.

Pirates of the Carribean was fairly good and entertaining and there were lots of moments which made me laugh, esp Johnny on the skewer!!! :lol:

But, it ought to have been at least 30 mins shorter - overly long i'm afraid :huh:

I give it 7/10 and i just hope the 3rd is better!

Best thing was Johnny :drool: :combust: :faint: gorgeous eyes!

I felt Superman Returns was average. I left the theatre feeling unsatisfied. I think James Marsden did a great job in his role, though. I never really liked him too much the X-Men series anyway.

---

The Lake House - 2/10

:yuck:

Mehhh. I knew I'd hate this movie based on the trailers alone. I only watched it because I didn't have to pay for my ticket. I suppose if you're a fan of romantic dramas you'd enjoy it. Chick flicks aren't my thing :shrug:

Queen Bee said:
I felt Superman Returns was average. I left the theatre feeling unsatisfied. I think James Marsden did a great job in his role, though. I never really liked him too much the X-Men series anyway.

I felt the same way after X-Men: The Last Stand. Diff'rent strokes I guess Willis. :shrug:

The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Prettay, prettay, prettay funny stuff here. Steve Carell is just hilarious, I haven't seen him in anything I don't like yet (except the godawful "Bewitched" movie, he was the only bright spot of that crapfest and I'm a huge Will Ferrell fan.)

40 YOV was humor with a heart, and I liked that alot, but it wasn't the best comedy I've seen.

8/10

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
The 40-Year-Old Virgin

40 YOV was humor with a heart, and I liked that alot, but it wasn't the best comedy I've seen.

8/10

:|

Queen Bee said:
Rent [Kiss Kiss Bang Bang] immediately! I know your taste. You'd totally love it :drool:

:hug:

Man, I saw about half the movie tonight and it was hilarious!! Val Kilmer had me on the floor and the narration by Robert Downey Jr. was great :up:

My sister was so into it that at one point she fell off the sofa :lol:

got_edge said:
Man, I saw about half the movie tonight and it was hilarious!! Val Kilmer had me on the floor and the narration by Robert Downey Jr. was great :up:

My sister was so into it that at one point she fell off the sofa :lol:

TWINZ! For real real. I liked how he pokes fun at Hollywood cliches in the narration.

Kilmer and Downey Jr. make an excellent on-screen duo.

Perry: Look up idiot in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?
Harry: A picture of me?
Perry: No! The definition of idiot. Which you fucking are!

I really need to buy it.

I finally watched Finding Neverland last week - it was quite good:wink:

Kate was great as ever and Johnny's Scottish accent was spot on :up:

I found it v sad at the end :sad:

I originally posted this in the other thread so I copied and pasted into here

Lady In The Water - 9.2
ok, ok, I say this in true honesty ...I'm not one who tried to be the devi's advocate but I feel I watched a different movie than the critics saw...because I thought it was fucking great. Honestly! It had the perfect blend of humour and suspense, and the best part was it was engaging. As an audience member the whole time I felt like I was along with the ride, trying to solve the puzzle and figuring out what Night's gonna surprise you with. I haven't been this fascinated watching a movie in a long time. The critic character was a genuis addition.. a mocking of movie critics
[which is probably a reason for the bad reviews], I applaud Night for being bold and always creative.
It's one of those movies where you just know every little thing in the set and the story has a meaning much like a book. There's a lot of commentary on world issues some subtle some not so much and actually involves the audience to be creative which is rare nowadays.

I definitely rank this towards the top of M Night's films. I think people should actually give it a chance and forget all the bad reviews and make up their own mind.

Click

(can't believe I still haven't made it out to see Pirates 2)

I read the reviews which told me it would be dreadful, but I found it to be pretty good. I'm giving it a bonus point purely on the fact that they played Ultra Violet (I started air guitaring and freaked out the guy sitting next to me).

7/10 +1 for Ultra Violet
8/10

phillyfan26 said:
Click

(can't believe I still haven't made it out to see Pirates 2)

I read the reviews which told me it would be dreadful, but I found it to be pretty good. I'm giving it a bonus point purely on the fact that they played Ultra Violet (I started air guitaring and freaked out the guy sitting next to me).

7/10 +1 for Ultra Violet
8/10

I totally agree though it totally blows that there isn't a soundtrack available for the movie. That was in my opinon the best part of the movie.

I just watched North By Northwest for the first time this weekend. I loved it, though I am a huge fan of all of Alfred Hitchcock's films plus Carey Grant is a really good actor.

I would give it a 96/100 (I like a hundred scale better than a 10 scale).

I need to see X Men III, Pirates and Superman. I think X III is playing the dollar theatre and tuesdays it is only 50 cents so maybe I'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom