Review the last movie you viewed (NO LISTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poisedon (2006 version)

10/10- I don't normally get scared by movies but this one really freaked me out! Great special effects and overall very entertaining.

Oh and I saw the Ice Storm that is a great movie!

Daredevil

I enjoyed it far more this time round, but I still feel that it was all too rushed - especially with Elektra.

7/10

U2girl said:
Snatch - the 2nd Guy Ritchie movie.
8/10.
Incredibly funny, with the final twist and arguably the weirdest English accent ever by Brad Pitt.

It wasn't an English accent he was doing, haven't seen the film myself except clips, but I believe he is meant to be a member of the travelling community (people who move from place to place in caravans and are largely very inbred)...they have an Irish accent of sorts.

An Inconvenient Truth

9/10

Great documentary. The only complaint I have is some of the introspective shots of Gore were a bit maudlin and over the top.

The film itself is wonderful, engaging, smart, everything you expect when you go into an independent theatre. Depending on how much you are familiar with environmental issues this will either be shocking to you or it will be a confirmation of what you already knew.

Either way, go see it.

I finally saw Lord of the Rings. All of them. All 14 hours of Extended Bonus Director's Cut Extra Material with Added Footage disc Special Edition.

They were impressive. Looooong. Well FX'd. Though, given the quality of the graphic effects, I really cringed at the blatant use of child doubles when showing the backs of the Hobbitts or whatever. The Hobbitts could blend seamlessly when standing front on next to a full sized person, yet when using doubles it stood out like the proverbial on a dog. Tsk!

I realise I am the last person on the panet to see these movies. I want my prize now, please.

22/25.

LJT said:

It wasn't an English accent he was doing, haven't seen the film myself except clips, but I believe he is meant to be a member of the travelling community (people who move from place to place in caravans and are largely very inbred)...they have an Irish accent of sorts.

Well the TV guide says his character's speech was made after Guy Ritchie's first movie critics complained they couldn't understand a word that was said. So he now gave them a character no one understands!

That and Brad Pitt apparently had a lot of trouble learning the accent. Yes, I think it was supposed to be Irish but with a really weird twist :huh:

^Brad is terrible at accents...in fact the Irish accent I find is generally one of the most mutilated in movie history:wink:

There was another film with Brad in it with Harrison Ford he was meant to be an IRA man in America...whole thing was, he was meant to be playing a guy from Belfast, my city, but he was speaking with a Dublin accent...quite a bad Dublin accent too.

LJT said:
^Brad is terrible at accents...in fact the Irish accent I find is generally one of the most mutilated in movie history:wink:

There was another film with Brad in it with Harrison Ford he was meant to be an IRA man in America...whole thing was, he was meant to be playing a guy from Belfast, my city, but he was speaking with a Dublin accent...quite a bad Dublin accent too.

That was the Devil's Own. His accent was pretty atrocious in that. Even though he's pretty damn hawt, the accent was awful. It sounded very American at times. :tsk:

LJT said:

I whole-heartedly agree.

And in addition, I have to say that southern accents (of the American kind) in movies usually make me want to vomit!!!

Oh yeah--review last movie viewed:
Mind Hunters (starring Val Kilmer, Christian Slater, LL Cool J :love:, and some other people, whatever.....)
Sucked. I don't think this ever made it to theaters (go figure!)--rented it as a new release--can't believe i used up a free rental on this crap. I want my money back!!!!!

Last edited:
Tristan and Isolde. Sort of a Romeo and Juliet romance saga but the Irish beaches and countryside was so spectacular and scenic and I love that epic in time, early 1800's. I enjoyed the movie, but it's not for everybody.

I watched Best In Show this evening. Having really loved A Mighty Wind, I was looking forward to it, but I have to say I was disappointed. The characters were as quirky as I've come to expect from Christopher Guest and Eugene Levy, but I kept getting up to go get a drink or check my email. It just didn't hold my attention; I guess there wasn't enough conflict within the various subplots. Everyone just seemed to stay the same. The dogs were pretty cute, though!

Not a horrible movie, but not as good as I'd hoped. 6/10

^yeah I didn't think Best in Show was that great I hoped it'd be better.

I know the IRA movie you guys were talking about and yeah Brad Pitt sucks at accents. god that movie's always on, that and the other 178 IRA movies starring Harrison Ford. :tsk:

so today I saw the Da Vinci Code against all warnings from critics. I didn't think it was too bad at all really. It was a little fast paced but I figured they'd have a hard time fitting all the car chases and code revelations into a couple of hours. I'd probably be confused if I had read the book, in fact I read the book awhile ago and was still confused at parts of the movie. :p I wasn't loving the surprise ending that much either. The actors were fine though, I didn't hate Tom Hanks like I thought I would. He did remind me a lot of Bono though. ;)

7/10

U2doggie said:

IOh yeah--review last movie viewed:
Mind Hunters (starring Val Kilmer, Christian Slater, LL Cool J :love:, and some other people, whatever.....)
Sucked. I don't think this ever made it to theaters (go figure!)--rented it as a new release--can't believe i used up a free rental on this crap. I want my money back!!!!!

I actually enjoyed that movie I saw it when it was in theatres. Kept me guessing the whole time on who the guilty one was.

VertigoGal said:
that and the other 178 IRA movies starring Harrison Ford. :tsk:

:lmao: Has Harrison Ford played a different character in the last 10 years or so? I don't think so. He's getting as bad as Meg Ryan, who I think has really only ever played one character.

I'm going to watch The Motorcycle Diaries later today, per the recommendations of a few of you. I'm looking forward to it.

M:I 7,5/10

Having seen the Woo sequel on TV this Monday, this is way better. I like the "Ethan Hunt in private" angle (even though it was somewhat poor acted out). Great villain, IMO the best of the series.
*possible spoiler The tempo of the movie is incredible, I liked how Hunt didn't always save the day (getting beat up, losing an agent). Good twist on the mole, though some overly superman moments - his wife shooting like a pro, and Ethan fighting despite having the explosive in his head.

Sideways
9/10

watched this movie again today. I'd forgot how much I liked it. I was kind of skeptical at first, but by the end of the movie I completely warmed up to it. It's funny and sort of moving, both in a slightly depressing way. I just thought it was done really well. :up:

Date Movie

6/10

Eh overall pretty stupid but there were a few parts that made me laugh. Some terribly disgusting parts as well.

Garden State

After listening to all the indietastic hype this movie surpassed my expectations. i love unconventional movies, the acting is top-notch and soundtrack is killer. :up:

9/10

Philadelphia

I seem to fall into watching it everytime it's on. And I cry at all the same parts. Well written, loved Tom Hanks performance (he won an Oscar for his portrayal of Andrew Beckett). I just think it's a great movie. And love the music too (Springsteen-Streets of Philadelphia, Neil Young-Philadelphia)

10/10

The Break Up

Meh. It had it's funny moments but it was pretty.... not good. I know I said I don't like happy endings but the final scene was just lame. 6/10 for entertaining me

Amores Perros (Love's A Bitch)

I really enjoyed this one! It reminded me of 21 Grams in that it dealt with loosely related stories with that skipping timeline business. This movie, however, was far more interesting (aaaand it had people cursing in español :love: ). My favorite story was the one with Ramiro, Octavio and the battered wife.

I would've liked an ending that didn't include 500 loose ends and everyone's hopes and dreams being shattered but, then again, would I sit through a 3 hour movie?

8.5/10

Goodfellas - :love:

Loooved it. Brilliant acting from everyone in the cast, superb cinematography and the story was intriguing. Going into it I was expecting to be bored since it's over 2 hours long, but there was honestly never a dull moment; the plot never dragged. It's definitely one of the best movies of the 1990s :up:

10/10

Running Scared - Oh man. Hugely over-the-top, but in a good way. I wish I had seen this movie when it was out in theatres. I bet experiencing this with an audience would've been a lot of fun. I really loved the way it was shot, especially during the violent scenes (which were badass :drool: ). And who knew Paul Walker could act?

9/10

got_edge said:
Amores Perros (Love's A Bitch)

:blahblah:

8.5/10

I loved that movie :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom