Rest in Peace Volkswagen Beetle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klaus

Refugee
on a one of these small green spots at that blue p
Bye bye beloved Beetle.

Today the 21.529.464st VW Beetle , a blue one with 46 PS was produced - the last classic Volkswagen Beetle ever.

In Germany production stoped in 1978 just the last 1,7 Mio. Beetles were not made in Germany.

Ferdinand Porsche Designed this car and made enough money to realize his own Sportscar vision

0,1020,276317,00.jpg

after almost 70 years.. rest in peace,
Klaus

p.s. i guess this is the right forum, i call it "world event" :)

I salute you.

For having the business in the back.

Cheers :up:

Lorne Michaels has a cheque for $5000 if Volkswagen will assemble one more Beetle on SNL.

my very first car was a '73 super beetle.
i was seventeen years old.
it was black, with a sunroof.
the interior was custom checkerboard.
it cost my parents a mere thirty-five hundred dollars.

i promised if they bought it for me i would stay in school and get a job.
i went to the beach instead.

it had these great little vw logo caps on the rims.
but all four were stolen while i partied in west covina one night.
the gas gauge was broken. it always read 'e'.
i ran out of gas and was stranded on the freeway three times.

god, how i loved that little car.

:sad:

I've told my VW beetle stories here before. They are very dear to me, life-changing..."the VW posse", what a lot of fun we had.
They are very very popular again here at the moment. I've been seeing a lot around that are beautifully restored
:hug: the LoveBug:heart: :hug:

:bye: gone but not forgotten

I just had an :idea:..next time I have a get-together with Annie Antelope I'll make a replica of "ADI", a VW cake. I'll have to include Luke , her big white German Shepherd that used to always be in the back and nearly deafen me by barking over my shoulder in the passenger seat whenever we passed another dog:lmao:
I came with a whisker of being killed in a VW beetle one dark rainy night too...but still I love them
ack ..you got me going on this one...mem'ries, misty watercolour memmmmmmmmmmmm'ries:D

maybe this belongs in Zoo Confessional

I think I'm afraid to ask what "slug Bug" might be... BUT...
my highschool sweetheart taught me to drive in his VW Beetle. I was on my "L" plates my senior year of highschool and that summer, I'd be the driver,"L" plates and all and **he and his mates would fill balloons up with water, jump in the bug and throw the water bombs at tourists**....just wicked eh?Indeed. I'll never forget the time I stalled on Lighthouse Hill, in very heavy Christmas traffic and for the life of me could not do a handbrake hill start without stalling.
His mates in the car following us nearly died laughing.

WARNING**please do not try this at home**

zonelistener said:
Anyone else play the game "Slug Bug" (aka "Punch Buggy")?

:mad:

oh, this was SUCH a fun game when my sons were little...a car full of 8 year old boys slugging each other, arguing over who saw the green bug first :down: :lol:

Just for fun, I'll slug Mr. BAW every now and then when I see one :uhoh:

personally I've never liked the new beetles. It's sad they are discontinuing the wrong model.

oh well....as long as BMW doesn't stop making the M5.....all is well in the world.

zonelistener said:
Anyone else play the game "Slug Bug" (aka "Punch Buggy")?

Yes! My entire *schoolbus* played it...and there was a used car lot full of VW bugs on the way.

"slugbugredslugbuggreenslugbugblueslugbugyellow"
"isawtheyellowonefirst"
"noidid!"
"theredismineiwin"

And so the fights would begin! I don't recall my sister and I's games ever being violent like that.

Bye bye, Bug! :sad:

<---dreams of a Lemon yellow New Beetle.

Haha. A guy across the road from my mums house owns a workshop which does up old Kombis and Beetles. There's also a Jalopy Shoppee on Parramatta Rd which sells them specifically.

We played punch buggy.
And pinch volvo. :shrug:
You need a comeback when punched out of the blue like that.

:sad:

My first car was a beetle. I completely did him up. He went from this:

homeryellow2.jpg

to this:

homer.JPG

:love:

He was a great car. A bit of a nightmare in the winter (what with having to drive along scraping ice off the inside of the windscreen, whilst wearing a hat, 2 coats and 2 pairs of gloves cos the heating was crap :der:) but I loved him. His name was Homer (cos he started off yellow). He stayed called Homer after he was blue cos homer wears blue trousers.

I only sold him cos I went travelling. I want him back. :|

ah. memories. :sigh:

AvsGirl41 said:
Yes! My entire *schoolbus* played it...and there was a used car lot full of VW bugs on the way.

:lmao:

Yes, I remember in college passing a Beetle repiar shop in Alabama and being attacked by two friends who were in the van with me. I was an instigator though! :up:

Bammo....AMAZING job!

The more I think about it, the more I love the original beetle and hate the new one.

I remember a friend had a yellow one that was a 3-speed manual, yet he convinced me (and showed me) that you could drive it without changing gears manually.

I still do not understand it, but love that car.

RIP old beetle, aside from Hitler comissioning you, you were a great friend...

well I'll be.......

My old school friend Annie Antelope just rang:faint: That doesn't happen very often. ( her mum is ill and she wanted me to know).Annie owned the white Beetle ADI we used to get around in. She said she dreamed about me last night, sitting on her bed back at the old house , chatting like we did in the old days:heart:
What a funny thing. I told her the fascinating news about the "very last beetle of them all" She said she wishes she still had ADI:) **beep beep**

Look out , I'm moved to sing... I've been thinking all day about a David Bowie song I LOVED waaaaaaaaay back then, so dreamy,

"She'll come, she'll go
She'll lay belief on you
Skin sweet with musky oil
The lady from another grinning soul.

Cologne she'll wear
Silver and America
She'll drive a BEETLE car :D
and beat you down at cool canasta..."

I won't sing the chorus even though I LOVE it..it's a bit rude it is :censored:

peace music and beetle lovers :wave:

Klaus said:
bammo2: excelent work, both thumbs up :up::up: :)

I wish i was so talented in doing carrepairs like you :wave:

I had A LOT of help...huge amounts in fact. It helps that at the time I lived with a friend whose boyfriend was a VW mechanic. She's now in the process of building her own beach buggy from old bug parts. I'm so jealous.....:mad:

Bammo2: BEEEEutiful bug!

I've got one, too. He's a 1969--bought him from the original owner about 12 years ago...but now he's in pieces in the garage (when he's all better, me and the husband will prolly fight over who gets to drive him).

Oh, and he has a native-american name. One day my mom and sister were driving him and, at a stoplight, my sister noticed that Mom's hair was moving a bit, but the windows were closed. They realized that the weather stripping was so bad that the wind was running through it...so he will forever be known as Wind Runds Through It!

Punchbuggy blue!

I thought they stopped years ago ?? I didn't know Mex. still made them. My first boyfriend's car was a red one with white pinstripes and a black convertible top. It was ragged and made a terrible putting noise. It was a joke, he and each of his five sisters had their turn as it being 'their' car. What a thrill.

It reminds me of one of the lamest jokes ever. There were these 2 old ladies who bought one each. Standing on the lot, one opened the hood and cried that her motor was gone. Her friend yelled out, "don't worry, I have an extra one in my trunk you can have!" :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom