Reoccuring Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Just curious... does anyone else here have reoccuring dreams? Or know anything about what they mean? Over the last few months, I've been having the same dream over and over again. Most of the time it's exactly the same, but sometimes it varies a little. All of the times I'm in an airport with a bunch of my friends and family and we're waiting to boards a flight to Switzerland... most of the time the flight gets cancelled and I wake up, other times we take off and are on our way, and then I wake up. Other times we're heading to another country, just the other night is was Australia... It's really starting to annoy me! Anyone got any ideas or similar experiences?

------------------
It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Ive had the same dream twice this weeek but it was very vague and i do nay remember much of it....
smile.gif

i've been having a recurring dream for months now. except at the time i'm having it i actually think i'm awake - eyes open and everything. i look up at my ceiling and this ridiculously huge spider falls down directly over my face. and then i literally freak out, jump out of bed and search my sheets for the mutant spider. it's the same everytime. i insist on searching my bed even though i know there is no freak-ass spider. it's annoying.

I used to have a recurring dream in grade school about this hooded guy with glowing eyes knocking on me window and I'd go over and open it.

!! I scared myself
frown.gif
lol But I don't have it anymore

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

I posted this in another thread last week... but it pertains to this one too so here goes:

"I have had this reocurring dream since University. It's always the same- final exams are upon me and I haven't gone to my classes all term. I had missed a midterm exam, a term paper and I had 7 days to get it all done or I wouldn't graduate. Major stress! Evertime I had the dream, I came closer and closer to completing this pretty unrealistic task. The last time I had the dream, I managed it all. I worked it out through out the years of having this dream to the point that I beat it! I solved it! and I have yet to have that dream again. It's all to do with our psyche alot of the time and what makes us who we are. I was able to relax, look at the situation from a better viewpoint and come to a solution."

i have seven reoccuring dreams. i haven't had any of them in awhile (actually, i haven't remembered a dream in a long time, i must be really tired), but they always comeback.

even stranger? three of the dreams involve kennywood park, my city's big amusement park. and five of the dreams contain the element of water. but none of them are scary. i wonder what it all means...

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows they learned to swim...

I've had three major recurring dreams in my life.

The least threatening one--which I haven't had for quit a while--is the wedding dream. I'm getting married, I'm not sure who I'm marrying (sometimes I find out, sometimes not) and I'm totally unprepared, rushing around trying to find a wedding dress at the last moment. This dream annoys me when I have it, but otherwise doesn't bug me too much. I know quite well that it's just about my anxiety about relationships and the fact that I think about them too much.

The second one is the planes falling out of the sky dream. I have flown many times in my life but I'm somewhat afraid of it. I don't like seeing planes fly by because I am afraid something will happen to them while I am watching. It's just paranoia. The dream comes in many different forms, it's just the theme of seeing a plane crash. I thought it might return after Sept 11 but the last time I had it was before that.

The third dream is one that I last had, oddly enough, a couple of days after Sept 11--it is totally unrelated--and it is a dream I really should never have again. A few years ago I had an unpleasant falling out with a friend of mine, and due to the circumstances it bothered me terribly on and off. I would think I was over it and then discover I wasn't. Over the last few years I repeatedly--sometimes more than once within a few days, sometimes months apart--dreamed about meeting this person (under a variety of circumstances), talking and coming to some kind of resolution. It was always basically the same and I must have had it at least twenty or thirty times in the last few years. It told me that the whole incident was still very badly on my mind. But a few weeks ago I finally resolved things with this person in real life, which was a great relief, and so I don't expect to have the dream again. If I do I don't know what that would indicate, but considering I hadn't even had it for a few months before resolving things, I doubt that will happen.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-25-2002).]

I've had the same dream on and off for over 5 years now.

I dream that I'm dead and haunting my house. In this dream, my family is scared shitless of me. It's really disturbing. Especially after I watch the "Sixth Sense." It made me wonder.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
The second one is the planes falling out of the sky dream. I have flown many times in my life but I'm somewhat afraid of it. I don't like seeing planes fly by because I am afraid something will happen to them while I am watching. It's just paranoia. The dream comes in many different forms, it's just the theme of seeing a plane crash. I thought it might return after Sept 11 but the last time I had it was before that.

That's interesting.... it's luckily not reoccuring for me but I had a similar dream probably about 6 months ago that I still remember in detail where planes were just falling out of the sky everywhere... I was sitting on the front porch of a house on a lake somewhere with a friend of mine and we were just watching this happen, eventually we had to run because the planes were getting closer... it may sound strange but it was really rather disturbing.

------------------
It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

I've had lots of recurring dreams...but they are actually usually nightmares. I have this one really bad vampire one that always freaks me out.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

I had one involving tornadoes that lasted probably 10 years. They used to be scary, and then, oddly, they became unscary. Almost happy dreams. Then they went away, and I haven't had one in a few months.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

as a child i had dreams that clowns were gonna chase me through the forest. yaknow like the It clown.

------------------
binary opposition

Back
Top Bottom