REMEMBER: Kiss From A Rose - Seal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Massive Song this from 1995.

Seal had an awesome voice and this is evident on his soaring ballad from the Batman Forever soundtrack.

Seal had some other great songs as well, but also gave inspiration to less then brilliant acts such as the Lighthouse Family.

His greatest hits might be worth getting...

What does everyone reckon of Kiss From A Rose

typhoon said:
Better known as the...other Batman song in 1995.

So true! :lol:

It's a beautiful song, albeit overplayed by light fm stations. Seal had some great stuff in the 90s!

Beurk12.gif

I've always liked that song :yes:. Did get played A LOT, yes, but meh, it's a good song, so...:). My big memory of it involves hearing it on the radio on the school bus whenever I'd be coming home from school :p.

Very pretty song. I don't mind what I've heard by Seal in general, though, he seems pretty cool.

Angela

Seal is an amazing artist. I actually saw him for the first time right before this album was released more than 10 years ago. I consider him one of the best pure vocalists around.

TheRooster said:
Beautiful song. The album that it was on was brilliant as well. Up until the last album he was doing some really incredible stuff.

IMO the last album was amazing.

some great seal tunes:

crazy
future love paradise
waiting for you
love's divine
prayer for the dying
whirlpool
killer
my vision
human beings
deep water
bring it on
lost my faith
heavenly

also, his live in paris dvd is amazing. that band is so good it's not even funny. and his voice.......forget it. uncomparable.

IWasBored said:

that's how i feel about it, too.

ok, I know seal is way too adult contemporary for most here, but his voice is incredible and that's not something that's arguable.

JOFO said:

ok, I know seal is way too adult contemporary for most here, but his voice is incredible and that's not something that's arguable.

Agreed. Prayer for the Dying esp. is so awesome! :drool:

Zootlesque said:

Agreed. Prayer for the Dying esp. is so awesome! :drool:

zoots- you should check out the tunes I listed if you like prayer for the dying. great stuff imo.

JOFO said:

True, but since the music is otherwise totally uninteresting....:huh:

intedomine said:

What does everyone reckon of Kiss From A Rose

Stultifying, stilted and stinky is what I reckon of this song.

Could a song be any less real? Seal might have a good voice, but good luck convincing me that he means a word he's singing here. Way too much formality in this arrrangement. The layered, harmonic vocals are too stiff, for example.

Rating: 3/10

U2Man said:

True, but since the music is otherwise totally uninteresting....:huh:

maybe on kiss from a rose; I never liked that song, but if you check out any of the others I listed, you might change your mind.

*is biggest seal fan here*:nerd:

JOFO said:

IMO the last album was amazing.

The last album was solid, but I missed his experimentalism. This last album was way too adult contemporary for me. I absolutely love Human Being, I've listened to it more times than I can count. I miss the abstract poetic lyrics too. I know the last album was his tribute album to soul, and R&B but I would love to hear Togetherland. I don't think he should have caved into pressure from Warner Bros. I do look forward to his next album at least two years from now since he takes so long to work on them. But I would probably like anything he sings, he is simply one of the greatest vocal talents I've ever heard.

I'm a huge fan too, there was a time back in high school that the only two CDs I listened to were Human Being and Seal (II). Ah, if the indie elite were here to read that.

TheRooster said:

I'm a huge fan too, there was a time back in high school that the only two CDs I listened to were Human Being and Seal (II). Ah, if the indie elite were here to read that.

personally, I think his first album is his best; not a weak track on it IMO....plus you get:
crazy
future love paradise
killer
deep water
whirlpool
violet

by the way, like I've said before, if anyone here likes seal at all you should check out his live DVD from paris 2004; the band is amazing, his voice is superb, and the crowd is full of hot parisian women!!!

what more could you want?

it doesn't even have vertigo twice.:wink:

oh, and Seal's live band has an amazing guitarist/bassist named Chris Bruce. Also, his lead guitarist channles the voice of Hendrix (really). And the drummer has cool hair.

Check it out mofo.:dance:

Back
Top Bottom