REMEMBER: Children - Robert Miles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
In 1996 Robert Miles released his Dreamland album, an album that was essentially techno/classical.

The album yielded a trance classic. CHILDREN, despite having no vocals, being purely instrumental, and challenging traditional chart-dominating genres such as rock, pop, rap and RnB, had remarkable chart success.

Everyone just about knows this song. It's just that they probably never knew who the artist was.

After several listens however, it sounds quite exhillarating, and it's chart success seems justified.

Music like this never tops the charts anymore...

Anyway, discuss your thoughts on CHILDREN, or just Robert Miles in general.

Wow there is a blast from the past. I remember the watching the video on Rage a few times, just after I came over to Australia. A child on a train if I recall. It went on forever.

Great song! :)

I have that CD single.

I remember buying it. I had been wandering around the music store for a really long time, and the clerks were keeping a close eye on me. I think they thought I was stealing. I wanted to make a purchase, but I didn't have much money, so I bought that single.

I have the Dreamland album. I first found out about Robert Miles through a friend who remixed one of his songs. He mixed Fable with The Cranberries Zombie.
It really is a great disc. I used to put it on when I was having trouble sleeping and it would help lull me to slumberland.

Is Children the song it is believed he wrote in remembrance of the clubbers who died on the roads home after a night out? 'Cos if it is that one then I love that song. :up:

Fantastic song. I have the original version of it on George Acosta's History of Trance. :up:

Its a great song, I wish there were more like it. Its one of the my top songs on my i-pod.

Oh the memories!!! :heart: Children, Fable, One And One were the only songs I knew at the time. Later I got to listen to the whole album. Gorgeous... but most likely forgotten by now, except in rave/trance clubs.

Back
Top Bottom