rem--perfect square

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stories for Boys

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
anybody else pick up rem's new live dvd released today? all i can say is wow. i think this may beat out all u2 dvds in my book...i don't know, but i seriously was giddy watching it. awesome.

some highlights:
she just wants to be--ok, one of my favorite songs as is, but this version is the best i've heard...peter buck is my hero.

country feedback--who couldn't love this song? i was just staring at the tv in awe. coincidentally it's the same version as on the christmas live cd release.

daysleeper--i love this song...good version.

walk unafriad--another great one...and i do believe this may be the one (it was somewhere in this area) where peter grabs michael's ass at the end...lmao

i haven't watched the documentary yet cause i'm actually more busy than i've been the whole semester in these few days...probably won't have a chance til this weekend.

one minor disappointment imo, no find the river or nightswimming. they played both of those at our show in detroit, but not here (or they got cut). sad though...two of my very favorite rem songs.

point of this post: if you even resemble someone who likes rem even a little bit, go get this and it will rock you away. i mean, it's not even expensive or anything...i got mine at best buy this morning (first one sold..woo!) on sale for $11.99. well worth the $15 bucks or whatever it is normally...

any other thoughts on this dvd? anyone?

Got it yesterday and watched it all and now I have my REM fix. You gotta luv the dinosaurs, the arse pinching, and Buck moves.

sounds cool... i prolly won't get it any time soon cause... i have so many things on my wishlist already... but it sounds like something I would enjoy very much. I don't have any exposure to live REM except seeing that free show in TO on TV

stories for boys - you and me were like, one of thirty people at the rem-detroit show! hooray for us! i had no idea, btw, that this dvd was coming out. will save up money for this and post withint the next couple weeks!

Amazing. just watched it once yet but i am all touched with it. daysleeper and country feedback are too emotional for a common human being, i got out of words...
dvd release of the year so far.

CampbellMSU said:
stories for boys - you and me were like, one of thirty people at the rem-detroit show! hooray for us! i had no idea, btw, that this dvd was coming out. will save up money for this and post withint the next couple weeks!

no joke! that was one dead audience, yet a kick ass show...i don't know how they do it. did you stick around and meet them after the show? me and my friends did...we were 3 of like 10 people who did. too cool. i love rem...so approachable, the best live, funny guys...

btw, i've watched this dvd like 20 times now...to correct my first post, peter pinches michael's ass at the end of everybody hurts...also, this version of country feedback isn't on the christmas fan club release, rather the bsides/rarities disc of in time...my bad. i knew i recognized it from somewhere...and i still hold that this is the greatest live show...my mother doesn't know much about rem and she loved it...

The other part of the DVD that I really enjoyed was the documentary on the Stirling concert (Scotland 1999). Mini interviews with the band and the behind the scenes look at what went on to bring the show to a small Scottish town.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom